First Night this Friday | The Boneyard

First Night this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno should be back from Europe.

Jim C. will be there with the NCAA trophy.

We expect a special guest, maybe more. Kemba? Ray? Maya? Sue?

We also expect Morgan Tuck, star forward from Bolingbrook's #2 (HG ranking) team and a UConn commit, plus Xylina McDaniel, star forward on Spring Valley's undefeated #7 team and a UConn recruit.

Will other recruits be there?

Even with the less popular activities--bring back the scrimmage!--it should be a good time. Xylina, welcome to UConn basketball, home of 10 national championships.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno should be back from Europe.

Jim C. will be there with the NCAA trophy.

We expect a special guest, maybe more. Kemba? Ray? Maya? Sue?

We also expect Morgan Tuck, star forward from Bolingbrook's #2 (HG ranking) team and a UConn commit, plus Xylina McDaniel, star forward on Spring Valley's undefeated #7 team and a UConn recruit.

Will other recruits be there?

Even with the less popular activities--bring back the scrimmage!--it should be a good time. Xylina, welcome to UConn basketball, home of 10 national championships.
i see you are taking a line from my signature! :) i'm a little disappointed that there seem to be so few recruits coming. last year was such a great group with 6 out of the 7 getting offers AND 5 verbaling to UCONN (did i get those #'s exactly right?). i guess my expectations were just a tad too high...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Look for class of 2013 recruits to show up on a flow basis.

JS

Reaction Score
Look for class of 2013 recruits to show up on a flow basis.
What's a flow basis? Are the visits being planned on a flow chart? When Swin came to Midnight Madness was it a Cash flow?

Did the same river flow through it twice? Anyway, I hope the visiting recruits go with the flow.

I've heard rumors about people who are coming. Sometime this week a Horder will blog about it. You know, the NCAA forbids schools from publicizing the presence of recruits on campus, so these stories are sourced. Probably some leaks but also due diligence including calls to high school and AAU coaches. That's work.

We'll see soon enough. I do have a sense that First Night isn't as much of a centerpiece of UConn's far-flung recruiting endeavors this year as in some other years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Um, over a few months. I think Breanna has said that she will visit later. I expect Diamond during the season. Not sure about other 2013ers.

As Eric notes, we had 7 recruits last year. Bria Holmes did not get an offer. Diamond has not announced. Of the others--Kaleena, Brianna, and Kiah as this year's frosh and Morgan and Moriah as commits--all said "yes" to Geno.

We expect to see Morgan and Xylina, but that may be it. Even if there are surprise visitors, it is highly unlikely that we'll see 7 recruits.

Yep, when Swin is in the zone, that is clearly a positive Cash flow.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
We'll see soon enough. I do have a sense that First Night isn't as much of a centerpiece of UConn's far-flung recruiting endeavors this year as in some other years.

Personally I have a sense that First Night isn't as much of a centerpiece of UConn's far flung recruiting endeavors as it is for a lot of fans.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ESPN will be at First Night as part of its whip-around coverage on ESPNU. Full coverage will be available on espn3. Doris Burke will be part of the broadcast team at Gampel.

Reaction Score
ESPN will be at First Night as part of its whip-around coverage on ESPNU. Full coverage will be available on espn3. Doris Burke will be part of the broadcast team at Gampel.

ESPNU doesn't start coverage until 9:00, so anything on ESPNU won't be live.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Has it been confirmed that Morgan will be there?

BTW: On Saturday UConn hosts South Florida in football at 3:30. I would guess that it is likely that any guests will be at that game with members of the team if the weather is good.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Has it been confirmed that Morgan will be there?

BTW: On Saturday UConn hosts South Florida in football at 3:30. I would guess that it is likely that any guests will be at that game with members of the team if the weather is good.
I believe first official practice is Saturday.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I can guarantee that Kemba will be there. As of earlier today he's still with the men scrimmaging. Both them and the women were in the rec center scrimmaging. I'm expecting to see Maya there too!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can guarantee that Kemba will be there. As of earlier today he's still with the men scrimmaging. Both them and the women were in the rec center scrimmaging. I'm expecting to see Maya there too!
Maybe Maya will be carrying her latest trophy. :)

Kemba had a magical season. He deserves a huge ovation.

For Blake--I believe Jim Fuller reported 2-3 weeks ago that Morgan would be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom