First Night Set For October 14th | The Boneyard

First Night Set For October 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"There will also be surprise guest appearances by former UConn basketball greats."

LINK

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The show will end at approximately at 8 p.m. with a performance by the famous Simon Sez.

Seriously? a 3 point shooting contest, dunk contest, games, fun, and that? yuck. no offense to the people who put it on, but games, fun, Simon Sez, whatever - if i lived in Connecticut i'd probably skip it. at least they aren't planning the crab soccer. bring back the scrimmages!! have the women play a 20 minute scrimmage against the male practice players. have Geno coach the guys and Chris coach the girls. they could do a 20 minute scrimmage. THAT would be worth seeing.

having said that i do think the 3 point shooting and seeing the players introduced is fun. so not a total waste.

now... having said all of that, i'd be really curious what would impress recruits the most. if we get a "turnout" like we did last year (Deshields, Holmes, Stokes, Jefferson, Tuck, KML, Banks), i'd love to know what type of show would impress them the most...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The show will end at approximately at 8 p.m. with a performance by the famous Simon Sez.

Seriously? a 3 point shooting contest, dunk contest, games, fun, and that? yuck. no offense to the people who put it on, but games, fun, Simon Sez, whatever - if i lived in Connecticut i'd probably skip it. at least they aren't planning the crab soccer. bring back the scrimmages!! have the women play a 20 minute scrimmage against the male practice players. have Geno coach the guys and Chris coach the girls. they could do a 20 minute scrimmage. THAT would be worth seeing.

having said that i do think the 3 point shooting and seeing the players introduced is fun. so not a total waste.
You haven't seen KML shooting the 3-ball. Bet the ranch on her to win. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Eric, you're a pessimist always finding the negative,;), you missed the good news. No mention of the bouncy ball races. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric, you're a pessimist always finding the negative,;), you missed the good news. No mention of the bouncy ball races. :)
HA! well to be fair, i did refer to it as the "crab soccer" thing - that's what i thought it was called!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jim F. on attendees:

"As for the recruits expected to be there, when I spoke to Morgan Tuck during the summer, she said she was planning to be there while Breanna Stewart will be taking a wait and see approach. I will try to get an update on Tuck, Stewart and fellow commit Moriah Jefferson.

"I did reach out to the players UConn is recruiting in the Class of 2013 and the only concrete info I was able to get was that Karlie Samuelson was not planning to make the trip East for the event according to her AAU coach Russ Davis."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom