First Night Rumors | The Boneyard

First Night Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After talking with my friend they are trying to get Ray to compete against the winner of the 3pt contest. They are also trying to get Rudy to compete against the winner of the dunk contest. Apparently, they are running it by NCAA compliance to make sure that its allowed. Will definitely make for an interesting First Night if it all works out.

Reaction Score
Man that would be awesome! I was thinking it would be cool if Kemba MC'd it or something too...Wish they were also unvieling the banner that night.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
You know Kemba will be there if the NCAA allows it (why wouldn't they?).

Reaction Score
Why stop at the dunk and 3pt contests. What about a scrimmage of past vs. present. Seem like it would benefit both sides. The NBA players have been playing in a bunch of high profile exhibitions, so this would just be another one of those. And the current UConn kids would benefit from playing higher competition.

Now that I think of it, if the lockout does cancel the season, someone like ESPN could make a ton of money if they organized a series of past vs. present exhibition games at the marquee schools (any that had enough NBA players to warrant it). Considering how many super teams there are this year (UConn, UNC, Kentucky, Ohio State) they would be relatively competitive and very entertaining

Think of the matchups:
Master vs. Padawan (what's a Padawan?) of Kemba vs. the kids
Greg Oden (if he can still play) vs. Sullinger
All of the prior Kentucky 1 and dones vs. the new crop
and the best of all Hansbrough vs. Zeller...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why stop at the dunk and 3pt contests. What about a scrimmage of past vs. present. Seem like it would benefit both sides. The NBA players have been playing in a bunch of high profile exhibitions, so this would just be another one of those. And the current UConn kids would benefit from playing higher competition.

Now that I think of it, if the lockout does cancel the season, someone like ESPN could make a ton of money if they organized a series of past vs. present exhibition games at the marquee schools (any that had enough NBA players to warrant it). Considering how many super teams there are this year (UConn, UNC, Kentucky, Ohio State) they would be relatively competitive and very entertaining

Think of the matchups:
Master vs. Padawan (what's a Padawan?) of Kemba vs. the kids
Greg Oden (if he can still play) vs. Sullinger
All of the prior Kentucky 1 and dones vs. the new crop
and the best of all Hansbrough vs. Zeller...
that would be cool during the summer but not so close to the season, nothing too strenuous... i do like the ray and rudy idea... imagine if they had rudy v stix when stix was still in school?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
After talking with my friend they are trying to get Ray to compete against the winner of the 3pt contest. They are also trying to get Rudy to compete against the winner of the dunk contest. Apparently, they are running it by NCAA compliance to make sure that its allowed. Will definitely make for an interesting First Night if it all works out.
any clues on who's performing? or is it just simon sez?:eek:

Reaction Score
I think a short scrimmages vs Nba/WNBA would be amazing. Kemba, Ray, Rip, Caron, Oak, maybe Boone BenGi, and Renee, Bird, Swin, Tina, Maya, Diana....

Reaction Score
Some many options if the NCAA allows it. Let the kids have some fun.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I think it would be pretty hilarious if the coaches (minus Ollie) played a game of knockout, or at least shot free throws during the 3-point competition

Reaction Score
Rudy's the only one who has a chance of beating AD

A 5'10 guy like Boatright throwing down reverse alley oops may be just as impressive as a 6'11 guy throwing down dunks between the legs (which is unreal, how often do you see a center with that ability?).

Reaction Score
this would be ridiculous if they got more alumn's to come...in reality when would they have a chance to come if there was no lockout...atleast the ones that have to travel...lol rays rite around the corner

Reaction Score

Ray will win by a country mile, but it'll be fun.

Reaction Score
So has anyone heard anything more about these rumors? Kemba and Hasheem were at the Husky Run so they will probably stay for First Night. Maybe a Current Players vs. Alumni game? Kemba, Hasheem, Ollie...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
imagine if there is no season and they enroll in school like the uk guys? they'd be able to practice everyday with the guys

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
So has anyone heard anything more about these rumors? Kemba and Hasheem were at the Husky Run so they will probably stay for First Night. Maybe a Current Players vs. Alumni game? Kemba, Hasheem, Ollie...
DD won the Husky Run btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul