First Night Returns October 12th | The Boneyard

First Night Returns October 12th

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After a one-year hiatus, the UConn men's and women's basketball teams will tip-off their 2018-19 campaigns with the return of First Night, presented by 97-9 ESPN Hartford and the Connecticut National Guard, on Friday, Oct. 12, at Gampel Pavilion.

11416295.jpeg

The event is open to the public, with free admission and doors opening at 5:30 p.m., promotions, on-court entertainment, and the pre-show party beginning at 6 p.m., and First Night officially beginning at 7 p.m. Event parking in the North and South garages will be available for $5. Updated information will be provided closer to the event regarding traffic patterns, given the ongoing construction on campus. As always, fans are encouraged to arrive early in order to avoid delays. First is approaching fast - 11 days and counting.................................

[LINK]

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This young woman will be there. Let's show her a good time--within the rules.

haley-jones-usa17-300.jpg
Rule #1, don't refer to her as Haley UConn. That's Ms. Haley UConn, so get it right.

Rule # 2, refrain from looking at her and pointing toward the banners. In fact, just don't.

Rule # 3, do not shout out that UConn's colors are more patriotic than any other D1 school. Your normal speaking voice is all that's necessary.

Rule # 4, because Geno is the greatest coach of all time genuflecting whenever his name is mentioned is out of line. Though just barely.

Rule # 5, being speechless if she passes is not necessarily a bad thing. Crying uncontrollably or begging is nevertheless in bad taste.

However.

Rule # 6, constantly referring to her mother as "Haley's younger sister" even though she appears so, may seem gratuitous.

Rule # 7, do not mention Connecticut's winter weather. If by the off and oddest of chances you are asked, deflect, deflect, deflect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh i hope we have some high profile commits right after this event. So curious who will be there on our recruit list

Reaction Score
After a one-year hiatus, the UConn men's and women's basketball teams will tip-off their 2018-19 campaigns with the return of First Night, presented by 97-9 ESPN Hartford and the Connecticut National Guard, on Friday, Oct. 12, at Gampel Pavilion.

[SCOOP ' sounds like ESPN might show it?? IF not, do you/we know who will?? Thanks.

Carnac

Reaction Score
winlots: SCOOP ' sounds like ESPN might show it?? IF not, do you/we know who will?? Thanks.

Right now, no. I’m not aware of any media coverage. If anyone knows anything, help me out here. I seem to remember UConn showing first night via live stream on it's website 2 years ago. I remember because there were a lot of posters complaining about the quality of the production, as I recall, it was bad. Maybe they'll do it again this year. Somebody needs to. First night is a mega event that should be made available to all UConn fans across the country. You’d be surprised how many UConn fans/followers reside out here in California. :D

There are too many fans that want to see the program that can't be there. Hopefully we'll hear something from the school in the days leading up to first night (2 weeks from tomorrow) that says they're going to live stream the program for us again this year.

If it's not shown "live", hopefully it will be made available on demand a few days later.........either on the UCWBB web-site or maybe the Husky games web-site.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oh i hope we have some high profile commits right after this event. So curious who will be there on our recruit list
Haley will have other visits after First Night, including to Stanford in early November, so patience is required. Haley is more than worth waiting for.

Reaction Score
Rule #1, don't refer to her as Haley UConn. That's Ms. Haley UConn, so get it right.

Rule # 2, refrain from looking at her and pointing toward the banners. In fact, just don't.

Rule # 3, do not shout out that UConn's colors are more patriotic than any other D1 school. Your normal speaking voice is all that's necessary.

Rule # 4, because Geno is the greatest coach of all time genuflecting whenever his name is mentioned is out of line. Though just barely.

Rule # 5, being speechless if she passes is not necessarily a bad thing. Crying uncontrollably or begging is nevertheless in bad taste.

However.

Rule # 6, constantly referring to her mother as "Haley's younger sister" even though she appears so, may seem gratuitous.

Rule # 7, do not mention Connecticut's winter weather. If by the off and oddest of chances you are asked, deflect, deflect, deflect.
Rule 6 is essential/mandatory. Win the mom/win the PLAYER.

Question Your Jordyness!, Genuflecting as I announce your name: Is it a be premature to call her Uconn's own Haley's Comet?
In the Geno etiquete book of Geno: One must bow the head, turn 3 times to the left one time to the right then GENUflect.

JordyG--Fun stuff, thanks.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Rule 6 is essential/mandatory. Win the mom/win the PLAYER.

Question Your Jordyness!, Genuflecting as I announce your name: Is it a be premature to call her Uconn's own Haley's Comet?
In the Geno etiquete book of Geno: One must bow the head, turn 3 times to the left one time to the right then GENUflect.

JordyG--Fun stuff, thanks.
About Geno yours though seems optional, although game circumstances may demand it.

As for most other coaches I generally just turn my head and cough.

Reaction Score
About Geno yours though seems optional, although game circumstances may demand it.

Your Jordyness--May I inquire; did any of those coach every say --hernia??

Carnac

Reaction Score

Jordy, are you sure you're not confusing that gesture with getting your prostate checked? :eek:

Reaction Score
winlots: SCOOP ' sounds like ESPN might show it?? IF not, do you/we know who will?? Thanks.

Right now, no. Someone help me out here. I seem to remember UConn showing first night via streaming on it's own website 2 years ago? I remember people complaining about the quality of the production. Maybe they'll do it again.this year.

SCOOP: thank you. You are a good, keen, and helpful man. Not to mention being a fine poster.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jordy, are you sure you're not confusing that gesture with getting your prostate checked? :eek:
Not at all mate, not at all. Most coaches should be happy when I don't turn my head the other way and stay there for awhile. That's all they're good for.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom