dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/100114aaa.html
10580176_719744521438703_3363013180110829579_n.jpg

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Read that it is going to be covered by ESPN along with 5 other schools.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This pleases me since I can't go for family reasons:

2014 First Night will be broadcast in its entirety on ESPN3 while ESPNU will broadcast parts of the night’s festivities from Storrs, Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, Gonzaga and San Diego State.

HGN

Reaction Score
SHAME on ESPN for putting a rarity like a Double Championship ( Men's and Women's) First Night on ESPN3. Such a raity deserves Prime coverage on their mothership station , ESPN. Certainly no worse than ESPN2 or ESPNU. But ESPN3 , come-on.

How often do you see a school celebrate Men and Women NCAA Championships in the same year ?

So guys and gals keep us fellow BYers up to date on First Night... It should be a treat.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
SHAME on ESPN for putting a rarity like a Double Championship ( Men's and Women's) First Night on ESPN3. Such a raity deserves Prime coverage on their mothership station , ESPN. Certainly no worse than ESPN2 or ESPNU. But ESPN3 , come-on.

How often do you see a school celebrate Men and Women NCAA Championships in the same year ?

So guys and gals keep us fellow BYers up to date on First Night... It should be a treat.

You can watch ESPN3 on your computer, so you don't have to miss it!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Thank you ESPN for providing 1st night coverage. Those of us that cannot attend appreciate ESPN's commitment to wcbb.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
note that a. you must have a computer b. you must have internet and c you must have a cable provider that is listed with espn.

Some don't have some or all of these....just sayin

Reaction Score

ESPN is not preempting a regular season college football game for something like that. That probably wouldn't be a smart business decision on their part anyway.

Reaction Score
Thank you ESPN for providing 1st night coverage. Those of us that cannot attend appreciate ESPN's commitment to wcbb.

UConn will be sharing the time slot with a bunch of other schools, so I'm sure the "coverage"
will be pretty brief.

Reaction Score
UConn will be sharing the time slot with a bunch of other schools, so I'm sure the "coverage"
will be pretty brief.

UConn is sharing coverage with other schools on ESPNU. My understanding is that the ESPN3 feed will be individual.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
UConn is sharing coverage with other schools on ESPNU. My understanding is that the ESPN3 feed will be individual.

That would be cool. Hope it's true.

Reaction Score
That would be cool. Hope it's true.
ESPN did it last year too, though they had 9 schools. Someone can correct me if I am not remembering right, but I thought of the 9 first night events they covered only UConn's involved the women's team. Kara Lawson covered our event. It was whip around coverage but did get quite a bit of the men's/women's combined scrimmage.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
ESPN did it last year too, though they had 9 schools. Someone can correct me if I am not remembering right, but I thought of the 9 first night events they covered only UConn's involved the women's team. Kara Lawson covered our event. It was whip around coverage but did get quite a bit of the men's/women's combined scrimmage.

That combined scrimmage was possible only because the all concerned (especially the UConn men and their coach) bought into it as a matter of mutual respect by players and coaches alike. It is hard to imagine any other school having its stars so fortuitously aligned.

It is not a coincidence that only UConn has (twice!) won both championships in the same season(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom