First night on youtube 2015 | The Boneyard

First night on youtube 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I have accepted this is great for recruiting and the casual fan to build a broad base of support. I also have come to recognize the celebrity like approach many take now to basketball players so unlike when I grew up. Then it was fun to play against certain college players or pros and you felt good if you played well - and you might even get some refreshments afterwards and they became friends like your other friends. But, this whole celebrity thing - where so many people never played or coached the game except perhaps via video games built basketball into first night entertainment tonight. Have fun but not for me.

I did though watch and enjoy the videos just now - thanks for pulling them together - the new lighting is great! Chief00

Reaction Score
I have accepted this is great for recruiting and the casual fan to build a broad base of support. I also have come to recognize the celebrity like approach many take now to basketball players so unlike when I grew up. Then it was fun to play against certain college players or pros and you felt good if you played well - and you might even get some refreshments afterwards and they became friends like your other friends. But, this whole celebrity thing - where so many people never played or coached the game except perhaps via video games built basketball into first night entertainment tonight. Have fun but not for me.

I did though watch and enjoy the videos just now - thanks for pulling them together - the new lighting is great! Chief00

I take it you are not a teenager or twenty something college student (i.e. fan). I may be twice their age and can not relate, but I'll be damned if I didn't notice the enjoyment those kids were having that night and probably before and after.

Just saying first night ain't for grown folks. If it was we would have an old timers game consisting of five minutes of basketball (first to score 10 points) and first aid responders on call. Students then would be posting like you are doing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I take it you are not a teenager or twenty something college student (i.e. fan). I may be twice their age and can not relate, but I'll be damned if I didn't notice the enjoyment those kids were having that night and probably before and after.

Just saying first night ain't for grown folks. If it was we would have an old timers game consisting of five minutes of basketball (first to score 10 points) and first aid responders on call. Students then would be posting like you are doing.
it would be as loud as a Notre Dame home game....

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really like the fact that we include the womens team. I think that helps with recruits for both teams. When you talk about the mens program you talk a bit about the womens and vice versa. both teams are always on tv.

C

Chief00

Again you guys are probably right everyone thinks it's great - just not for me but I admit the videos were good.
I also know one old retired coach that saw the value in it but never personally like it.

Reaction Score
Again you guys are probably right everyone thinks it's great - just not for me but I admit the videos were good.
I also know one old retired coach that saw the value in it but never personally like it.

I have zero interest in first night. The co-ed scrimmage doesn't interest me and I don't care about the contests. But what I don't do is try to attribute the fact that I don't really have any interest in a carnival to me being a more serious student of the game. Because that's asinine. But hey, that's what makes you Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom