First Night festivities set for Friday Oct. 14 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Night festivities set for Friday Oct. 14

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Paige was the last player introduced on either the men's or women's team. She walked across the stage in a natural gait, seemingly unhampered by the injury, and with no brace, bandage, or anything else on her leg.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Lou's jump shot in the 3-point contest was a bit unusual -- a high-effort affair with a very pronounced jump. The release point is high (good) but it seems slow to release. It was quite accurate, however.

In the same contest, Aubrey was a contestant -- a surprise in itself. Her jump shot has improved in both form and accuracy from what we remember from two years ago. If her shooting tonight is at all indicative of what she will do in games, she is very credible as a small forward.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou's jump shot in the 3-point contest was a bit unusual -- a high-effort affair with a very pronounced jump. The release point is high (good) but it seems slow to release. It was quite accurate, however.

In the same contest, Aubrey was a contestant -- a surprise in itself. Her jump shot has improved in both form and accuracy from what we remember from two years ago. If her shooting tonight is at all indicative of what she will do in games, she is very credible as a small forward.
I thought Lou was excellent and really nailed the tough top of key rack. Aubrey was pretty good but very deliberate so she would need to speed that puppy up.

Azzi is Azzi but Caroline was a little off which I think is due to her going first.

Except for #4 with that weird to the left release, the guys did not light it up.

The dunk contest was not good and at least for me, it is hard to get into it when you see the NBA dunks all the time

Reaction Score

I thought Lou was excellent and really nailed the tough top of key rack. Aubrey was pretty good but very deliberate so she would need to speed that puppy up.

Azzi is Azzi but Caroline was a little off which I think is due to her going first.

Except for #4 with that weird to the left release, the guys did not light it up.

The dunk contest was not good and at least for me, it is hard to get into it when you see the NBA dunks all the time
Very positive about Aubrey and Lou Lopez.... let the games begin!

Reaction Score
Paige was the last player introduced on either the men's or women's team. She walked across the stage in a natural gait, seemingly unhampered by the injury, and with no brace, bandage, or anything else on her leg.
A little over 2 months in, that is normal. Right on schedule. At about 3 months she'll probably start a jog program.

Reaction Score
Didnt get to see the 3 point contest how did Ice and Amari do?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Looks like Lou will be a shooter...I like it.
As Geno said yesterday, sorta maybe tongue in cheek, given the way she was used at Fairfield (every play designed for her) there are a couple of things she has to learn, passing and ah I forgot the second. There was a second. Really.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
As Geno said yesterday, sorta maybe tongue in cheek, given the way she was used at Fairfield (every play designed for her) there are a couple of things she has to learn, passing and ah I forgot the second. There was a second. Really.
*and handling the ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom