First Night festivities set for Friday Oct. 14 | The Boneyard

First Night festivities set for Friday Oct. 14

Reaction Score
After last year, I presume the procedural details will be checked and rechecked to make sure this year runs smoothly. Something like last year should only happen once.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn basketball teams' First Night festivities set for Oct. 14

It would be nice if they have some innovative stuff.
While you want to be innovative and feature events that are original, fun and appealing for both the players and fans, if your "think tank" is devoid of original ideas and concepts, then you're forced to send a team from your marketing department out to other school's Midnight Madness events. Take notes, take videos on your phone, report back, go over everything each team member saw, put the best ideas or features that would work at your first night event.

The bottom line is you enhance YOUR program and make it fun and appealing to YOUR fans and players. Who cares if the concepts for the best features or elements of your show are not yours? :eek: You should seek to keep reinventing yourself (program). Keep it fresh, fun and appealing to the players, fans and the media.

Reaction Score
After last year, I presume the procedural details will be checked and rechecked to make sure this year runs smoothly. Something like last year should only happen once.
I think I read that the event last year wasn't planned or executed by the Athletic Dept. and while those who did run it knew how to stage an event they came up short in the execution. I imagine Geno went ballistic in private. It would be like organizing an October Fest and forgetting the beer.

Reaction Score
maybe they should organize it as an oktoberfest and they can come out in new husky blue uniforms :)

Reaction Score
1663285030728.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think I read that the event last year wasn't planned or executed by the Athletic Dept. and while those who did run it knew how to stage an event they came up short in the execution. I imagine Geno went ballistic in private. It would be like organizing an October Fest and forgetting the beer.
You would have riots in the streets if that happened at Munich's Oktoberfest. Went to it in 78 while I was at the NCO Academy, we got a weekend off to go.

Reaction Score
While you want to be innovative and feature events that are original, fun and appealing for both the players and fans, if your "think tank" is devoid of original ideas and concepts, then you're forced to send a team from your marketing department out to other school's Midnight Madness events. Take notes, take videos on your phone, report back, go over everything each team member saw, put the best ideas or features that would work at your first night event.

The bottom line is you enhance YOUR program and make it fun and appealing to YOUR fans and players. Who cares if the concepts for the best features or elements of your show are not yours? :eek: You should seek to keep reinventing yourself (program). Keep it fresh, fun and appealing to the players, fans and the media.
IMHO the worst idea for 1st night at UCONN was putting WBB with MBB!
Previously they'd have an autograph session on posters handed out for just the girls for an hour,
Then go find a seat.
There were no 3-legged races or baby bike races, all BB things!
I loved the women alone where they'd practice for 45 minutes and scrimmage with practice guys for about 30 minutes.
Geno would then talk to the fans and answer any questions for 20 to 30 minutes, they'd have a raffle of BB stuff and then clear Gampel and the guys came in!
I'm only interested in the girls not men's BB!

Reaction Score
Hopefully, Ice comes out to the Ice Ice Baby as she throws ice cubes at the crowd as Patterson Dunks while the music plays then have Azzi CD and Lou draining 3's off of passes from Ines and Nika now that would be creative and different and have an all-star game atmosphere!!!

Reaction Score
Hopefully, Ice comes out to the Ice Ice Baby as she throws ice cubes at the crowd as Patterson Dunks while the music plays then have Azzi CD and Lou draining 3's off of passes from Ines and Nika now that would be creative and different and have an all-star game atmosphere!!!
Hopefully no one sues after being hit by flying ice cubes.

Reaction Score
HOW can we see First Night. TV or Streaming ??????????????????

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
HOW can we see First Night. TV or Streaming ??????????????????
I sawm this

For the second straight year, First Night will be limited only to students and season ticket-holders, who will be able to claim a select number of tickets to the event. First Night will stream free? through FloSports.

But is not FloSports a pay service? :confused:

Reaction Score
Or, they could take a page out of my book. For example, I never make the same mistake once.

Reaction Score
I sawm this

For the second straight year, First Night will be limited only to students and season ticket-holders, who will be able to claim a select number of tickets to the event. First Night will stream free? through FloSports.

I'll be curios whether FloSports will broadcast First Night Live for "FREE". I do have an account with them but dormant at this time. Hopefully once I login with my credentials (or if any credentials are even required) I'll be able to watch...time will tell.

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Reaction Score
I sawm this

I believe FloSorts is a pay service.

Reaction Score

I’ll save your “think tank” some trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom