First Night Details: Scrimmage, 3-Point Contest, Banner Unveiling | The Boneyard

First Night Details: Scrimmage, 3-Point Contest, Banner Unveiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/100114aaa.html

This year’s show will once again be headlined by an inter-squad scrimmage with one team coached by head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma and the other coached by head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The night will feature many other highlights, including a 3-point shooting contest, performances by the Pep Band, prize giveaways, special recognition of all 13 men’s and women’s basketball national championships, and the unveiling of the 2014 National Championship banners.

2014 First Night will be broadcast in its entirety on ESPN3 while ESPNU will broadcast parts of the night’s festivities from Storrs, Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, Gonzaga and San Diego State.

3 p.m. – Fan Fest on Fairfield Way
5 p.m. – Doors Open
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 PM– Autograph Session
6 p.m. – Pre-event begins
7 p.m. – Showtime

Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright is 'The Man'. The new Alpha Dawg representing the new version of Hungry Huskies. Boatright takes UConn to the Promised Land. Boat waited his turn and now the kid with the heart of a LION pounces on college basketball with the force and power of a true assassin.

"Be a King When Kingdom Comes..." (Ryan Boatright 2014-15)

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright is 'The Man'. The new Alpha Dawg representing the new version of Hungry Huskies. Boatright takes UConn to the Promised Land. Boat waited his turn and now the kid with the heart of a LION pounces on college basketball with the force and power of a true assassin.

"Be a King When Kingdom Comes..." (Ryan Boatright 2014-15)

Great video of Ryan. Wonderful for recruitment as well.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That Aloe Blacc song has been played to death and run over by a truck which then backed up and then ran over it again.

Reaction Score
Fine, I'll be that guy. What happened to unveiling the banner at opening night before the new season tips off?

I geuss they want to do both banners at the same time. Just answered my own question. Dammit

Reaction Score
Fine, I'll be that guy. What happened to unveiling the banner at opening night before the new season tips off?

I geuss they want to do both banners at the same time. Just answered my own question. Dammit
I agree with you. I would rather have it before the first regular season game

D

Deleted member 3149

Let's see that banner. Four of those bad boys -- FOUR!!!!
UConn Banners.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul