First game stats are in the can... | The Boneyard

First game stats are in the can...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
...to use a very old phraseology.

Per-40-minute spreadsheet with today's game stats included can be downloaded here.

Well...what to say?
--79% of FG were assisted. (Thanks to Lou)
--85% FT (Thanks to Gabby(!))
--62.3% FG
--50% 3FG (Thanks to Kia & Crystal)
--3.4 A/TO for the entire team
--Natalie is a beast on the boards.
--Kyla is a shooter. She & Nat haven't missed a shot in the tournament ;-P
--Team is up to 79% FT for the year -- 4 players over 80%
--5 Players have more than 100 assists (for the third time in UConn history. 4 more for Crystal & they can claim 2nd place.)

Too many weapons, too much versatility, too much focus. The only thing that stops this train is (knock on wood) injury or out-of-control zebras.

Thanks again, ladies.

Reaction Score
I was so happy for Natalie in 2nd half. First half I thought she was bad. In the 2nd half loved seeing her pull down boards in traffic and ofc offensively converting. When Natalie is a rebounder in traffic- I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great points about your train. !!!!

Reaction Score
I was so happy for Natalie in 2nd half. First half I thought she was bad. In the 2nd half loved seeing her pull down boards in traffic and ofc offensively converting. When Natalie is a rebounder in traffic- I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dream of the day Natalie catches the ball and DOESN'T PULL THE BALL DOWN TO HER CHEST where EVERYONE ELSE CAN REACH IT, but instead keeps the ball high over her head, WHERE NO ONE CAN REACH IT!

DON'T DRIBBLE! EVER!

Saturday's game was the closest I've ever seen her play like my dream. She can be an ABSOLUTE BEAST if she doesn't give EVERY TINY PLAYER a chance to take the ball out of her hands, tie her up or force her into a walk. She made four or five of the best plays I've ever seen her make.

She just needs to protect the ball by KEEPING IT UP HIGH!

Reaction Score
I thought I would ask the stats poster a stats Q as, opposed to starting a new thread.

Do you know of any data comparing total team tourney minutes played versus team winning?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I thought I would ask the stats poster a stats Q as, opposed to starting a new thread.

Do you know of any data comparing total team tourney minutes played versus team winning?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question...reading it literally would get the reply (200 min/game) * (games-won + 1) -- +1 for the lost game, unless games-won is 6.

But I doubt that's what you mean.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid I don't understand the question...reading it literally would get the reply (200 min/game) * (games-won + 1) -- +1 for the lost game, unless games-won is 6.

But I doubt that's what you mean.

I meant to say total tourney player minutes for current team.

So it is possible for a sophmore who went to the FF to have played more tourney minutes thana senior from another team who been to last 3 years but lost in the 1st round.

So is experience a good predicter of who will win?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I meant to say total tourney player minutes for current team.

So it is possible for a sophmore who went to the FF to have played more tourney minutes thana senior from another team who been to last 3 years but lost in the 1st round.

So is experience a good predicter of who will win?

Sorry, I'm not aware of any compilation of player minutes in the tourney only.

Reaction Score

Seems like Natalie needs about five minutes or so in a game before she hits her stride. Might be the adrenaline rush of getting into the game for the first time. She almost always improves after the first few minutes on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom