First game. I wouldn't take too much from it. | The Boneyard

First game. I wouldn't take too much from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke won by 1. UCLA lost. UConn won by double digits. Bigs sometimes struggle against smaller teams. This was the case here.

Oriakhi and Drummond didn't particularly play well, ok they were horrible and we had a walk-on freshman on the floor for 5 minutes yet the game was never in doubt.

Everyone signs Olander's praises, but he played 36 minutes and had 8 boards and 7 points. Drummond had 4 boards in just 12 minutes of action. Let's just agree that none of the bigs played particularly well.

As long as we get Boatright back before FSU we'll be all right.

Reaction Score
Everyone signs Olander's praises, but he played 36 minutes and had 8 boards and 7 points. Drummond had 4 boards in just 12 minutes of action.
To be clear - I sing Olander's praises because I compare him to how he was in March of 2011, not to how is versus Andre ManChild Drummond.
Point is, knowing where Olander was in March, and realizing that it's a scant 7 months later (yes, the off season was not the year and a half that it seemed), I'm not sure how any reasonable person could be less than impressed with the young lad.

Reaction Score
I thought TO was really active and played his best game in a Husky uniform

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On Oriakhi and Drummond, slightly off topic but there is no way in hell that Drummond has 30 lbs on Oriakhi (as the roster on UConn's website claims).

Reaction Score
Everyone signs Olander's praises, but he played 36 minutes and had 8 boards and 7 points. Drummond had 4 boards in just 12 minutes of action. Let's just agree that none of the bigs played particularly well.

That means Drummond would have had 4 more boards had he played the same minutes. Also, 9 fouls.

Reaction Score
I thought TO was really active and played his best game in a Husky uniform

Agreed. That kid was busting his ass up and down the court every posession.

Reaction Score
I think in early games like this Calhoun is simply looking for 100 %effort. Consistent production takes time but effort doesn't.

Reaction Score
"Everyone signs Olander's praises, but he played 36 minutes and had 8 boards and 7 points. Drummond had 4 boards in just 12 minutes of action. Let's just agree that none of the bigs played particularly well"

if TO can avg that for the season as our starting PF id be thrilled!!! he had a great game. i respectfully disagree with you.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Everyone signs Olander's praises, but he played 36 minutes and had 8 boards and 7 points. Drummond had 4 boards in just 12 minutes of action. Let's just agree that none of the bigs played particularly well"

if TO can avg that for the season as our starting PF id be thrilled!!! he had a great game. i respectfully disagree with you.
Add me to that list. He was doing a lot of things very well that don't show up in the stats, things that AD and AO failed to do.

Reaction Score
TO played very well last night. Lots of energy and not afraid to bang down low. Great put back dunk and nice jump shot too. He has become a solid contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom