First day of practice wagering... | The Boneyard

First day of practice wagering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) First the Kenyans and now the Ghanaians. Even the really, really tall guys can fly.

2) I like we're bringing in another front court player, but I prefer that our centers be taller than I am. Here is a more accurate bit from George Washington's website. (Edit - Was on the roster last year in the second semester?) Looks like a solid practice player.

3) With the Husky Run wagering out of the and the 'who gained 27 pounds of muscle in the offseason' articles still a few days away, we move to the second rite of October...who throws up during the first practice.

I was torn between Hamilton and Lubin, but I think I'm going with the Californian.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ill put my money on Lubin over Hamilton for first to throw up

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lubin is the obvious choice, but the tough ones are rarely the ones to give out - the skinny ones tend to go first.

Of course, it's been a few years since we've anyone who wasn't skinny, so perhaps the recent results are skewed.

I believe Facey was last year's winner.

Reaction Score
dguest is a pg played under hobbs. ct native

Reaction Score
You know what autumn tradition I really miss? When we'd play some club team like Marathon Oil and "only" win by 15 pts and Calhoun would overact his disappointment in the post game quotes. "We're not anywhere close to where we need to be", "This team has a lot of work to do", etc.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You know what autumn tradition I really miss? When we'd play some club team like Marathon Oil and "only" win by 15 pts and Calhoun would overact his disappointment in the post game quotes. "We're not anywhere close to where we need to be", "This team has a lot of work to do", etc.

And then say something Pat Linehan is about the only one playing well and he might be taking minutes from the Boatshow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the Husky Run someone pointed out Purvis finished tied for ninth and that made him a good dark horse for 1st to puke. Wasn't it the box out drill that triggered the barfing under Calhoun? The Rock's size might just give him an advantage.

Reaction Score
I'm taking a sleeper in the First Practice Hurl wager.
Sam Cassell Jr. 6'4", 180 and he puts up 25:38 in the run? That's 5 minutes slower than KO and only 8 seconds better than Phil Nolan who is 6'10" and threw on 25 lbs this summer.
I'm betting on KO to take the guy who's Dad played in the NBA and make an example of him on Day 1.

Reaction Score
1) First the Kenyans and now the Ghanaians. Even the really, really tall guys can fly.

2) I like we're bringing in another front court player, but I prefer that our centers be taller than I am. Here is a more accurate bit from George Washington's website. Looks like a solid practice player.

3) With the Husky Run wagering out of the and the 'who gained 27 pounds of muscle in the offseason' articles still a few days away, we move to the second rite of October...who throws up during the first practice.

I was torn between Hamilton and Lubin, but I think I'm going with the Californian.
First choice would be Lubin but I try not to bet chalk. My second choice was Hamilton but changed my mind.
I'm going for Sam Jr. to be the first to decorate his sneakers with the contents of his stomach.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And then freescooter comes out of his annual hibernation to extoll the 'virtues' of this years team.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No one will puke this year. Book it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm wagering that when the first day of practice arrives I'm going to be crawling out of my skin waiting until the first game begins. Of course I'm already at that point.

I don't know who will be first to heave but I hope it doesn't project to be in the Roscoe range.

Reaction Score
“@AmoreCourant: Everybody got through practice in good shape, vets were impressed by newcomers determination #uconn”

Reaction Score
“@NeillOstrout: FWIW (next to nothing) the first team at the end of practice was Boatright, Calhoun, Samuel, Facey, Nolan.”

“@NeillOstrout: With the second team Purvis, Cassell, Hamilton, Lubin, Brimah.”

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
“@NeillOstrout: FWIW (next to nothing) the first team at the end of practice was Boatright, Calhoun, Samuel, Facey, Nolan.”

“@NeillOstrout: With the second team Purvis, Cassell, Hamilton, Lubin, Brimah.”

The upper class man at each position.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Any word on regurgitation? I want to know if my "no one will puke this year" held up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom