FIRED UP for the game today (10 reasons you should be too) | The Boneyard

FIRED UP for the game today (10 reasons you should be too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sick of all the apathy on this board. We have a chance to go INTO Memphis and spoil their opportunity for a conference championship and people aren't excited?! These are the kinds of games where we sack up, despite all the adversity, and we pull out a shocking win on the road against arguably the best team in the conference. Remember Louisville on the road two years ago? Why can't we do the same thing today?

Ten reasons you should be fired up for this:

1. Whiskey at 4pm- and its acceptable!
2. You don't have to talk to in-laws but can watch the football team instead
3. The Tim Boyle show
4. There's only two games left this season and we have to make the most of what we have left
5. Because the defense is going to atone for their efforts against Cincinnati last weekend by making life absolute HELL for whoever their QB is
6. Nobody on here actually likes Memphis. And they have some respect from our fans for the basketball team.
7. We swept Memphis in football and basketball last year and I don't plan on starting to lose to them now
8. Support the home grown kids. Boyle, Newsome, Stewart, etc
9. This is Memphis' biggest game in years and WE CAN RUIN IT FOR THEM
10. To see our first road W of the year as well as our best performance since UCF

UConn 31 Memphis 20. Book it.

Reaction Score
Man, you almost got me fired up...then it fizzled.
This season has just been brutal on me after enduring the last few.
OK, 4 pm I'll be watching AND excited. Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Sick of all the apathy on this board. We have a chance to go INTO Memphis and spoil their opportunity for a conference championship and people aren't excited?! These are the kinds of games where we sack up, despite all the adversity, and we pull out a shocking win on the road against arguably the best team in the conference. Remember Louisville on the road two years ago? Why can't we do the same thing today?

3. The Tim Boyle show
4. There's only two games left this season and we have to make the most of what we have left
5. Because the defense is going to atone for their efforts against Cincinnati last weekend by making life absolute HELL for whoever their QB is
6. Nobody on here actually likes Memphis. And they have some respect from our fans for the basketball team.
7. We swept Memphis in football and basketball last year and I don't plan on starting to lose to them now
10. To see our first road W of the year as well as our best performance since UCF

Because this is a good start to tomorrow's bball game bs Texas

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

3. The Tim Boyle show

Wow, we have to wait until kickoff to start chuggin' the John Daniels? I'm way ahead of that schedule. You have to be to endure watching any of our games this season.

Our football team has probably caused an upsurge in Conn. AA membership.

Reaction Score
weyuo said:
REASON 11: It's one game closer to the beginning of next season.

Is that good? I think the the best part of being a UConn football fan is the period from the spring game to late August when we are filled with false hope and optimism. Oh, the memories.

Reaction Score
I agree Drew. If Michigan can scare an Ohio State team on the road that's looking to impress the playoff committee, we can beat a tight Memphis team on the road to deny them their conference title. Why can't this be the coming out party for Tim Boyle? I say it can. Time to get psyched. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
It's the Huskies. I support them win, lose or draw. I watch to the last minute even if we're down 41-0. Even in the worst loses, some guys are going to make a good play her or there. Being part of the Huskies football experience is one of my favorite things to do even when they are driving me batsh&t crazy.

And I am stupid enough to expect a victory every tine they take the field. That included last week and this week.

Reaction Score
Is that good? I think the the best part of being a UConn football fan is the period from the spring game to late August when we are filled with false hope and optimism. Oh, the memories.
I believe the bad luck spree is coming to a close. Lets face it, the last few years if the ball could bounce the wrong way for the Huskies it did. from the Big East implosion to opening season fumbles, absolutely the worst possible time interceptions, dropped passes, ect, ect, the last few years have been a hi-light reel of "if it can go wrong it will". Well that can't go on forever so GO HUSKIES!! Turn this shi(t)p around in Memphis...... 2015 starts now!

Reaction Score
Its been tough to be a husky fan the last two years. Basically one prolonged kick in the sack, yet like the rest of you here, I'll be tuned in to ESPNNEWS hoping for positives. This team has one more unexpected performance in them. UCF was one, we need one on the road against a decent team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL you should have posted on Memphis board. There are like 8,000 people there.

Reaction Score
IF we are in it at halftime I'll be happy. On offense someone needs to be a playmaker. Will Boyle finally start to look comfortable at his position? Can our DB's cover the deep throws and not have their back to the ball the whole time and have no idea if the pass is coming? Can we generate a pass rush? Let's go!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Why do people care where the players are from? Who gives a crap?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It shows :)

That was a joke from the movie "Scent of a Woman".

"Didn't you mean Jack?" "When you've known him as long as I have, it's John."

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
IF we are in it at halftime I'll be happy. On offense someone needs to be a playmaker. Will Boyle finally start to look comfortable at his position? Can our DB's cover the deep throws and not have their back to the ball the whole time and have no idea if the pass is coming? Can we generate a pass rush? Let's go!
Is 13-0 still in it with this offense??

Reaction Score
We're playing much better today. Noel Thomas is a standout as is Ron Johnson. Our D, which played great, got tired near end of the half. A turnover by the Tigers is coming soon. I see us pulling out the victory as Memphis tightens up in a close 4th quarter.
This outing against us by Memphis, just as much as the one by UCF, has Cincinnati looking like the best team in the AAC by far.

Reaction Score

3. The Tim Boyle show

You lost me with number 3. It's a joke that we're playing someone who is so obviously inferior to our well below average real #1.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Wow.
Pull the football away again, Lucy.

Hope your whiskey was better than the Diaco kool-aid. ;)

Reaction Score

3. The Tim Boyle show

We tried dude, we really tried to get fired up for this game. However, if the team we support is going to put this trash on the field, how fired up can you expect any fan to be lol? Apathy from the fan base is what this team will get moving forward based on the piss poor performance of the entire football department from the top on down. If this team wants its fans excited to watch, root, go to the games, it's going to have to earn us back. No more blind allegiance to this program from me. I'll still watch and follow to a point, but the level of giving a sh@t is 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom