Fire hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fire hurley

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Hot seaters are huge fans. I'm not in that group, but the hot seaters are some of the more visible BY'ers. It's clear they love the program. They just get nervous, that's all. Enjoy
I hear you, and It’s more of a shake my head “god bless their souls” from me, but they have every right to be dunked on this week

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ah, so close. +39. ;)
40 if some idiot blind ref without a clear look at it didn't think Sanogo's toe was on the line, and turn his three into a two.

Reaction Score
Right, because if we won the posters who were so ridiculously hard on him all year would have been calm?

We have won 2 NCAA tournament games with a win margin of +40. Can the nonsense please stop?
Only playing one half. Could be closer to 60. And we would be the clear cut faves to win. Stay out of site but be sure everyone knows you’re there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Calm down and enjoy the win

Season 9 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reaction Score
Nah. Hot seaters are just as bad as the chest puffers. I’ve got room for neither.

Except the chest puffers are smarter and far more accurate. Hot seaters are clueless reactionaries with low basketball IQ's. AKA "freescooters".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The good news for us is there’s morons who believe people wanted Hurley fired so these mojo threads keep popping up after every game.

The next one will be no one wants Hawkins to wear a uniform in the 2nd half because people were critical of his last 2 first halves in the tourney . Lol love these!

Reaction Score
The good news for us is there’s morons who believe people wanted Hurley fired so these mojo threads keep popping up after every game.

The next one will be no one wants Hawkins to wear a uniform in the 2nd half because people were critical of his last 2 first halves in the tourney . Lol love these!

You don't spend much time in the game chat, do you?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He made some of yall "hot seaters" look stupid today.
Why don’t we just cut this crap out.
I am extremely happy that UConn is on to the sweet sixteen and hopefully beyond.
It’s been said a million times - DH isn’t going anywhere. He never was on a hot seat, it’s all hyperbole that gets thrown by some when they are upset after losses. It’s no different when many on the chat start saying things about Hawk - a 19 yo with unlimited potential- he stinks, NBA lol, over rated, he shouldn’t start, etc. If you focus at all on him on the offensive end he is running looking for space to receive the ball, without a teammate setting interference for him and when open Newton or AJ are looking elsewhere.
DH has finally won some NCAA games at UConn and if that puts him in Naismith then I am glad you have that in your heart.
I am glad he has gotten the monkey off his back as I am sure he is also. It will take a significant amount of pressure off of him and he can refocus on doing the things that will make the current team stronger as they proceed in the tournament. I am sure that it is a great relief to him and the staff.
Now he can perhaps draw up some schemes that will free up Hawk on the outside and give AS some more room on the inside at the start of the games. That’s when the opponents are fresh.
DH, the team and the program advanced to the next step. Something that all 3 needed. I am not convinced that it was all due to DH but some portion of the credit he certainly deserves.
I am not a huge DH fan nor am I convinced he was/is the best option out there at the time. However, as long as the team produces at the level expected from this great program, he can sit behind that desk and you get no argument from me about his job security.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@gtcam who was available at the time that has outperformed Hurley?

Jeff capel?
Travis Steele?
Chris Mack?
Penny Hardaway?
Tom Crean?

the rest of your post was questionable but none more than your statement about being the best hire of the year. There is 0 doubt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why don’t we just cut this crap out.
I am extremely happy that UConn is on to the sweet sixteen and hopefully beyond.
It’s been said a million times - DH isn’t going anywhere. He never was on a hot seat, it’s all hyperbole that gets thrown by some when they are upset after losses. It’s no different when many on the chat start saying things about Hawk - a 19 yo with unlimited potential- he stinks, NBA lol, over rated, he shouldn’t start, etc. If you focus at all on him on the offensive end he is running looking for space to receive the ball, without a teammate setting interference for him and when open Newton or AJ are looking elsewhere.
DH has finally won some NCAA games at UConn and if that puts him in Naismith then I am glad you have that in your heart.
I am glad he has gotten the monkey off his back as I am sure he is also. It will take a significant amount of pressure off of him and he can refocus on doing the things that will make the current team stronger as they proceed in the tournament. I am sure that it is a great relief to him and the staff.
Now he can perhaps draw up some schemes that will free up Hawk on the outside and give AS some more room on the inside at the start of the games. That’s when the opponents are fresh.
DH, the team and the program advanced to the next step. Something that all 3 needed. I am not convinced that it was all due to DH but some portion of the credit he certainly deserves.
I am not a huge DH fan nor am I convinced he was/is the best option out there at the time. However, as long as the team produces at the level expected from this great program, he can sit behind that desk and you get no argument from me about his job security.
Well, a month ago you "guaranteed" that we would exit early again. This post is basically a huge backhanded compliment, and as usual you refuse to give DH the credit he's earned.

Reaction Score
Well, a month ago you "guaranteed" that we would exit early again. This post is basically a huge backhanded compliment, and as usual you refuse to give DH the credit he's earned.

He deserves major kudos for an excellent 5 year awakening or maybe small rebuild. Huge it's not, huge is Jim Calhoun maybe the best ever period. But awakening is better stated for a program who has won as many national titles as the blue bloods in the last 25 years with the last one just 9 years ago. But he shouldn't be denied his dues at this point, we asked for him to win a couple after early exits he did just that. And with what seems to be a tremendous recruiting class I would expect we're here to stay for a while.

Well don DH,, doesn't mean I won't bitch when it's time LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom