Fire HCPP T Shirts? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fire HCPP T Shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone up for creating some fire Pasqualoni shirts or have any ideas? Would love to wear a blue and white one to the game next weekend.

I am as upset an embarrassed as anyone following the Towson take down. Things have to change. UCONN is losing fans. Towson proved they are for real as demonstrated in last season’s tough strong showing agains #3 LSU in Baton Rouge. Coach P saying Chandler Whitmer had the Jitter’s the same way he did last year against UMASS really bothered me. Jitters against Michigan I can buy but an FCS opponents? uh, uh! Fans need to see some rotation at QB. Although Chandler Whitmer at times has shown a good arm, he doesn't appear to have control, height, body language or the command to lead this team. Give me a break. Lets see what Casey Cochran has, although I am concerned about his height too!. Freshman Kivon Taylor (6'4"), appears to be a duel threat. Tim Boyle, 6'4" lead Xavier to three straight Ct state championships. We need to use every tool in the belt! Whether a coaching or QB change is made or not, UCONN has to win. But before we slash and burn Coach P, let's put some perspective on the situation. In PP's first 5-7 year, after blowing out FCS Fordham, UCONN lost by a total of 7 points to Vanderbuilt (SEC) and Iowa State (Big 12). Next they got beat up by West Virginia after a close first half. They lost their first of two to Western Michigan, 38-31. In that game Alex Carder passed for 479 yards and 5 TD's. Fact is PP didn't fumble the ball at WMU's 13 yard line with 45 seconds left, Ryan Giffin (Texas Titan's) did. They lost two other close ones USF, 16-10 and Cincy, 35-27. UCONN got soundly beaten in 3 games, WVU, 43-16, Pitt, 35-20 and Ville, 34-20. But in 4 games, Vandy, Iowa, WMU and USF, UConn lost by a total of 20 points. If those 4 games got turned around UCONN is 9-3 on the season. 24 more points, brand new coach and quarterback and UCONN goes 9-3 in 2011. Last year if Blidi Wreh Wilson doesn't leave the game we beat NC State and if Chad Christianson doesn’t blow 4 consecutive field goals against Temple. UCONN is 7-5 and going bowling. As stated, UCONN lost another close one to Alex Carder and WMU, 34-20. In 2012 they got beat significantly by Syracuse, Rutgers and Louisville but again lost a close one to USF 13-6. 14 more points together with a Temple and NC State win and UCONN is 9-3. Once again, in 2012 UCONN was 20 points away from a great year. 45 points separates UCONN from being 18-6 over the past two years rather than 10-14!
As a NY Giant fan I have watched schizophrenic Giant fans praise Tom Coughlin up and down one year and then call for his head in another. Coach P and Tom Coughlin are cut from the same mold.

Coach P is not an electric figure but he has done an admirable job recruiting and as he stated, real and effective change takes some time. I say let’s give him a little rope for the Maryland game. Another win against Randy Edsall will at least prove that Coach P can prepare, motivate and rally his team after a VERY difficult loss. Who knows as steep a slope as Michigan is, with a Maryland win, perhaps we can carry that momentum into the Michigan game and do something really special. As RGIII says the Rent is one of the loudest stadiums he’s played in. After all that is what UCONN does. Just when you have given up on them, they go and so something foolish like winning 8 games in a row towards a third National Championship in Basketball. Or beat Notre Dame in South Bend in football and SEC, South Carolina in the Papa John’s bowl!

We are all frustrated and angry as are the administration, Coaching staff and players. Let’s all channel that anger into a winning resolve and kick the Terps AXXes! One loss even against an FCS opponent is too early to give up. Much too early!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Let's show some class. What good does it do to humiliate the guy. I am sure that he sees the writing on the wall.

A - It does absolutely zero good (beyond providing a quick surge of satisfaction among a handful of irate fans).
B - It makes us the bad guy in terms of public perception.
C - It may lead to a quality candidate or two to say 'thanks but no thanks'.
D - It may turn McHugh into an enemy of the program, something that would be sufficient in destroying it completely.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
A - It does absolutely zero good (beyond providing a quick surge of satisfaction among a handful of irate fans).
D - It may turn McHugh into an enemy of the program, something that would be sufficient in destroying it completely.

I agree 100% with every reason you list, FFCF. There are discreet ways to get our point across without booing or making t-shirts with our head coach's face on them. If you want to make a subtle "Fire PP" statement then I'd suggest a t-shirt with this on the front:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Why can't the dudes who sell $5.00 UConn caps in the parking lot make a cap that states Fire P'? Seems easy enough.
And on another point, some of these posts seem to go soft and sympathetic towards Dracula.
Way to go and think Boneyard. Nothing says small time like keeping an incompetent coach.
The CT HS coaches thank you.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

Are you kidding me? D? Did you go there? McHugh is one of the reasons we have this retread unimaginative program killer.

Reaction Score
I guess this works since its not a sign, right?
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll have some of whatever Confident Carl is drinking.

I didn't know PP knew how to post

That post is so full of half-truths, untruths and misinformation it's not worth the time to rebut it. And to the other pollyannas -- gee it's awful that there's a scoreboard -- can't we just play for the beauty of the game??

All of a sudden PP is a freaking victim????? Are you kidding me???

I think there's nothing wrong with a PRE-game gesture in the lot before the game to show displeasure. A plane with a banner wouldn't be out of line, IMO. Something on your car. A button.

And when there are major coaching fails -- taking 2 minutes to get a first-down play in after the defense forces a 4th down stop, or when there's an illegal substitution on 3rd and inches -- there's nothing wrong with booing, either.

Reaction Score
45 points separates UCONN from being 18-6 over the past two years rather than 10-14!!

Well when you put it that way, how the hell did the guy get passed over for National Coach of the Year? Twice! Should we hang our 'Only 45 points away from 18-6' banner to the right or left of our Fiesta Bowl banner?

Get this guy to the marketing department stat. "UConn: Almost Winning" No way the B!G will be able to resist us after that.

Reaction Score
I didn't know PP knew how to post

That post is so full of half-truths, untruths and misinformation it's not worth the time to rebut it. And to the other pollyannas -- gee it's awful that there's a scoreboard -- can't we just play for the beauty of the game??

All of a sudden PP is a freaking victim????? Are you kidding me???

I think there's nothing wrong with a PRE-game gesture in the lot before the game to show displeasure. A plane with a banner wouldn't be out of line, IMO. Something on your car. A button.

And when there are major coaching fails -- taking 2 minutes to get a first-down play in after the defense forces a 4th down stop, or when there's an illegal substitution on 3rd and inches -- there's nothing wrong with booing, either.

Those stupid substitution penalties and the complete failure to get a play in should have been grounds for a firing on the spot.

No excuse for that.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? D? Did you go there? McHugh is one of the reasons we have this retread unimaginative program killer.

Yes he is, he absolutely loves our incompetent HC. He also holds a very important position within the political structure of our university and is a key influence peddler between the school's administration and the state politico's.

It sucks for our program that we need to go through this. If this season (on field performance aside) proceeds in a respectable, dignified manner, McHugh will know what the right move is and possibly show some appreciation for how it was handled. If things turn ugly (and embarrass P), McHugh may place some blame in the wrong places and become very difficult to work with. In the big picture, embarrassing P may do little more than cut off our nose to spite our face.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well when you put it that way, how the hell did the guy get passed over for National Coach of the Year? Twice! Should we hang our 'Only 45 points away from 18-6' banner to the right or left of our Fiesta Bowl banner?

Get this guy to the marketing department stat. "UConn: Almost Winning" No way the B!G will be able to resist us after that.
Hilarious post.

Reaction Score
If this season (on field performance aside) proceeds in a respectable, dignified manner, McHugh will know what the right move is and possibly show some appreciation for how it was handled. If things turn ugly (and embarrass P), McHugh may place some blame in the wrong places and become very difficult to work with. In the big picture, embarrassing P may do little more than cut off our nose to spite our face.

I don't understand the rationale here.. When PP gets fired, who is Larry going to be blaming? Who will then find it difficult to work with him? Warde? The next football coach? He's going to withhold funding of the football program?

As far as 'respectable & dignified' . . . sorry, this isn't the Ivy League. If UConn wants to compete in big-boy college football, one of things that goes with it is an angry fan base its failing coach loses to a team that has 22 fewer scholarships. If Larry wants fans to be easier on P, too bad. He should have recused himself from the hiring process two years ago and definitely leave it to others the next time around.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
One of the major knocks against us has been that our fanbase is lacking and does not understand college football.

One of the major obstacles all of our athletic programs have had to face (from basically the beginning of time forward) is an in-state political structure that barely understands the benefit of major athletic programs and for the most part does not view it as a need.

If McHugh's buddy gets embarrassed by the fan base, he could well take the stance "why should I lobby for anything football related as the fan base doesn't deserve a football team?!".

This may be nothing but I see it as a case where discretion would be the better part of valor so to speak. It won't hurt us if P's departure does not include being tarred and feathered.

Reaction Score
One of the major knocks against us has been that our fanbase is lacking and does not understand college football.

One of the major obstacles all of our athletic programs have had to face (from basically the beginning of time forward) is an in-state political structure that barely understands the benefit of major athletic programs and for the most part does not view it as a need.

If McHugh's buddy gets embarrassed by the fan base, he could well take the stance "why should I lobby for anything football related as the fan base doesn't deserve a football team?!".

This may be nothing but I see it as a case where discretion would be the better part of valor so to speak. It won't hurt us if P's departure does not include being tarred and feathered.

The financial malfeasance and malpractice of such a petty "payback" would be mind-boggling, borderline criminal and warrant his removal from the board. $150 million-plus of state money was invested in infrastructure for big-time football (a fact people should remember when considering PP). I've seen just about everything in this state, but the head of the board of trustees withholding resources to the football program because he's mad his underperforming buddy got pushed out? That would top anything Rowland, Perez or Ganim did.

Reaction Score
It's a joke people....relax...but I can still get those shirts! hahaha

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I am as upset an embarrassed as anyone following the Towson take down. Things have to change. UCONN is losing fans. Towson proved they are for real as demonstrated in last season’s tough strong showing agains #3 LSU in Baton Rouge. Coach P saying Chandler Whitmer had the Jitter’s the same way he did last year against UMASS really bothered me. Jitters against Michigan I can buy but an FCS opponents? uh, uh! Fans need to see some rotation at QB. Although Chandler Whitmer at times has shown a good arm, he doesn't appear to have control, height, body language or the command to lead this team. Give me a break. Lets see what Casey Cochran has, although I am concerned about his height too!. Freshman Kivon Taylor (6'4"), appears to be a duel threat. Tim Boyle, 6'4" lead Xavier to three straight Ct state championships. We need to use every tool in the belt! Whether a coaching or QB change is made or not, UCONN has to win. But before we slash and burn Coach P, let's put some perspective on the situation. In PP's first 5-7 year, after blowing out FCS Fordham, UCONN lost by a total of 7 points to Vanderbuilt (SEC) and Iowa State (Big 12). Next they got beat up by West Virginia after a close first half. They lost their first of two to Western Michigan, 38-31. In that game Alex Carder passed for 479 yards and 5 TD's. Fact is PP didn't fumble the ball at WMU's 13 yard line with 45 seconds left, Ryan Giffin (Texas Titan's) did.
Horseshoes and hand grenades. Tough luck losses to perceived inferior opponents doesn't put a program in bowl games. You almost lost me when you stated that Ryan Griffin plays for the Texas Titans. Such a strange way to include the nicknames of two team, albeit they both play(ed) in Houston at one point. (Houston Texans/Tennessee Titans). But I kept on reading...
They lost two other close ones USF, 16-10 and Cincy, 35-27. UCONN got soundly beaten in 3 games, WVU, 43-16, Pitt, 35-20 and Ville, 34-20. But in 4 games, Vandy, Iowa, WMU and USF, UConn lost by a total of 20 points. If those 4 games got turned around UCONN is 9-3 on the season. 24 more points, brand new coach and quarterback and UCONN goes 9-3 in 2011. Last year if Blidi Wreh Wilson doesn't leave the game we beat NC State and if Chad Christianson doesn’t blow 4 consecutive field goals against Temple. UCONN is 7-5 and going bowling. As stated, UCONN lost another close one to Alex Carder and WMU, 34-20. In 2012 they got beat significantly by Syracuse, Rutgers and Louisville but again lost a close one to USF 13-6. 14 more points together with a Temple and NC State win and UCONN is 9-3. Once again, in 2012 UCONN was 20 points away from a great year. 45 points separates UCONN from being 18-6 over the past two years rather than 10-14!

"Coach" Pasqualoni knows all to well that woulda, shoulda, and coulda does not change the score when the clocks shows 0:00 and Christianson should have never had been in position to miss all those kicks. "Coaches" Pasqualoni and Deleone took their foot off the accelerator. Plain and simple.

As a NY Giant fan I have watched schizophrenic Giant fans praise Tom Coughlin up and down one year and then call for his head in another. Coach P and Tom Coughlin are cut from the same mold.

How can you type that with a straight face? As a Redskins fan, I think John Mara and the entire Giants' organization can suck a pole, but to say that "Coach" Pasqualoni and Coach Coughlin are cut from the same cloth is foolhardy at best. The Giants have won two Super Bowls in the last 5 seasons. Coughlin's staff designed and executed adjustments vs. the most prolific offense in the modern game. They can prepare for artic Green Bay weather and come away with a win. "Coach" Pasqualoni can put his team in position to win consecutive games exactly once in two plus seasons.

Coach P is not an electric figure but he has done an admirable job recruiting and as he stated, real and effective change takes some time.

Well, as long as he's said it, then it must be true. Really? By what standard has he proven the improvement in recruiting? Rivals' Stars? Scouts' Stars? It sure is not showing up on the field.

I say let’s give him a little rope for the Maryland game. Another win against Randy Edsall will at least prove that Coach P can prepare, motivate and rally his team after a VERY difficult loss. Who knows as steep a slope as Michigan is, with a Maryland win, perhaps we can carry that momentum into the Michigan game and do something really special. As RGIII says the Rent is one of the loudest stadiums he’s played in. After all that is what UCONN does. Just when you have given up on them, they go and so something foolish like winning 8 games in a row towards a third National Championship in Basketball. Or beat Notre Dame in South Bend in football and SEC, South Carolina in the Papa John’s bowl!

Most here think he's had all the rope he needs and then some, but the fanbase has no choice but to give even more rope vs. UMD and UM. A move is probably not imminent in the next eight days. Who knows maybe he will exceed expectations. On the other hand, my expectations have been adjusted to the point where it won't take a tremendous effort on his part to meet, but it will take effort. "Coach" Pasqualoni has shown me very little effort thus far. Also, the Men's team won 11 games in a row (5 BE tournament, 6 NCAA Tournament).

We are all frustrated and angry as are the administration,oaching staff and players. Let’s all channel that anger into a winning resolve and kick the Terps AXXes! One loss even against an FCS opponent is too early to give up. Much too early!

That is what the "Coach" Pasqualoni supporters don't get. It hasn't been 1 loss. It's been 15 and exactly 1 instance of 2 consecutive wins over the course of 2 plus seasons. If you think about it, that would be reasonable if there weren't multiple incidences of 2 consecutive losses. 6-6 (i.e. mediocrity) gets a program to a bowl game.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
PP No Hope.jpg
Let's get shirts made with this on the back and "Connecticut Football- Under New Management in 2014" on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom