Fire Glen Miller | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fire Glen Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's more than just Glen Miller... Post-play is just not a part of the philosophy on offense. Which is a big mistake, because when baskets are hard to come by, this is the type of game where you dump it down and use your physical advantage to get easy buckets.

Throughout the whole game, I was thinking they should plant Brimah under the basket and just throw him passes for layups or dunks, considering Wagner had nobody that was anywhere near tall enough to guard him. We either score layups at will or Aaman and the rest of their front line starters would have all fouled out.

Of course, this strategy presupposes that Brimah would have caught the passes and been able to do something with the ball, both of which I will acknowledge are incredibly big ifs, but why not at least give it a try? All we were doing is jacking up a bunch of perimeter Js that weren't going in. We made ourselves a smaller team than Wagner.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I would like to see one big crash the offensive glass.

Reaction Score
I would like to see one big crash the offensive glass.
I didn't see any big near the offensive glass. Maybe they're told to head the other way when a shot goes up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If it's all on Miller, why doesn't he get any credit for Deandre Daniels? That kid improved over the course of his career, and became superlative in his final NCAA Tournament.

Notice Ollie/Miller haven't had a big since with the requisite skills/tools to work with. Hopefully, Durham will be that guy.

Anybody remember Chuck Okwandu? JC couldn't develop him into anything more than the smallest role player. That's the type of guy we are working with here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Faced and Enoch were terds too?
If it is not coaching, then it is recruiting.
There has to be some accountability for an annual problem.

Facey is one that I'm confused by. I think it is on somewhat on the staff for that one. I would have hoped for him to be a Gavin Edwards type by this year.

I'm throwing my hat firmly in the recruiting pile. Give me a Jeff Adrien/Thabeet/Emeka/Charlie V or whomever, and you'll see some post play.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I didn't see any big near the offensive glass. Maybe they're told to head the other way when a shot goes up.

I hope that's it and not the fact that they just can't physically get near it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Facey is one that I'm confused by. I think it is on somewhat on the staff for that one. I would have hoped for him to be a Gavin Edwards type by this year.
As @Thirty Three points out, "hey mon," whenever Facey does something, he is kind of laid back when he needs to be Adrien-intense to make a mark. I thought that Facey was the best in slowing down the Lumberjack guy from Wagner in the first half, but just has not been able to become a force at his position. Hope he finds his inner wild man because we could use him.

Reaction Score
KO put too much faith in AB becoming the player he envisioned
AB has gotten worse every year
The guy has no hands, no sense on how to rebound and zero offensive skills - I don't care if Daffy Duck is coaching him, in 4 years anyone improves just by playing and osmosis
Yeah AB is a presence on the defensive end but at 7' I could be one
The experiment is over, as bad as SE looked - I would give him the chance and pray Durham gets stronger
Is Miller the "official" big man coach? Don't you think KF has been trying to work with these guys? I just think they are not very good
REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND

He was atrocious. He made Brimah look like Hakeem Olajuwon. Didn't he throw up a 10 ft hook shot, and it was an airball???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom