Fine Article About/With Batouly Camara | The Boneyard

Fine Article About/With Batouly Camara

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Super articulate. A sad succession of injuries.

“Some injuries are physical and some are mental, and some are emotional. My teammates show up every game and we’ll play an amazing game. Someone will say to me, ‘You didn’t play.’ And I’ll say, ‘But did you see the girls that did? Did you see the work they did?’ That’s what it’s all about. Whatever happens to me, I’m not going to let it be a negative with my teammates. I’m not going to be the energy vampire. I’m an energy giver. It’s about leaving a place better than how you found it any way you can.”

Reaction Score
Even though she never reached her potential on the court, she is certainly an asset for the program and should be celebrated as a Husky.

It is also a good reflection on the program that they have continued to support her through her struggles although she is limited to what she can do on the court.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Super articulate. A sad succession of injuries.

“Some injuries are physical and some are mental, and some are emotional. My teammates show up every game and we’ll play an amazing game. Someone will say to me, ‘You didn’t play.’ And I’ll say, ‘But did you see the girls that did? Did you see the work they did?’ That’s what it’s all about. Whatever happens to me, I’m not going to let it be a negative with my teammates. I’m not going to be the energy vampire. I’m an energy giver. It’s about leaving a place better than how you found it any way you can.”
Glad that she chose UConn when she transferred. She is another "non" star player, along with Kyla, Molly, Evelyn, Natalie, Briana and Tierney (probably many more), that have been nothing short of Amazing Teammates!!!

Reaction Score
She is a wonderful example of a true teammate and person. I saw her play freshman year at Kentucky and she was quite good physically with her moves and her ability to battle down low. So unfortunate to see her body break down.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
" I’m not going to be the energy vampire. I’m an energy giver."

How many other 23 year old young adult says stuff like this? Batouly will look back at her injury-plagued basketball career as a building block to the ultra-successful person that she will no doubt become. She has a gift and she seems willing to share it. Lucky us.

Reaction Score
Glad that she chose UConn when she transferred. She is another "non" star player, along with Kyla, Molly, Evelyn, Natalie, Briana and Tierney (probably many more), that have been nothing short of Amazing Teammates!!!
Don't forget Pulido, one of my favorites.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think she is very reminiscent of Brittany Hunter (although BH DID get to play a little).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fantastic article. Thanks for sharing, Rocky!

I just LOVE her. I'm so glad she's here and I'm sad that she's not been able to play consistently. She has a tremendous attitude. I wish her every good thing in her future endeavors!
I said this about another player the other day, but it's also true about Batouly: There's absolutely nothing not to love about her.

Batouly is a bright light. I only wish that her physical health had allowed her to take greater advantage of the platform that college basketball might have offered her. A bright light like hers deserves a big platform.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Such a beautiful soul revealed through hardship. I hope her life is filled with many more successes.

Well, one success tonight. Nice bull rush shot for a bucket. Defender bounced off. Can still see her raw power.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom