Finals week interlude - UConn Culture then and now | The Boneyard

Finals week interlude - UConn Culture then and now

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Since it’s finals week, and no game until Saturday, I’ve been thinking about a recent post on UConn & longevity after I posted about Swin, Asjha, and Evina at the PK finals in Nov. On one side of the spectrum, Swin & Asjha were part of the most dynamic recruiting class, and the other, Evina, a TN transfer that came in with another program’s culture, and completely adapted and embraced the whole bleed blue family.

I made a list on twitter of any UCWBB players I could find to see what they post. Of course, there won’t be much if at any post from current players based on rules during the season. It’s interesting who they retweet, how they react to the current team (Sue giving Nike props for assists), and it got me wondering about other teams connection between past and present. For those of you fans of Tenn, Stanford, South Carolina, and other top programs, do you see the same level of engagement on social media between alumnae and current players, or alumnae at games? Last year, there was a considerable number of both UC and SC alums at the final, however is that normal for other high profile programs?

I’d love other team fans to chime in on what they see re the relationships between alums and current players.

Reaction Score
Since it’s finals week, and no game until Saturday, I’ve been thinking about a recent post on UConn & longevity after I posted about Swin, Asjha, and Evina at the PK finals in Nov. On one side of the spectrum, Swin & Asjha were part of the most dynamic recruiting class, and the other, Evina, a TN transfer that came in with another program’s culture, and completely adapted and embraced the whole bleed blue family.

I made a list on twitter of any UCWBB players I could find to see what they post. Of course, there won’t be much if at any post from current players based on rules during the season. It’s interesting who they retweet, how they react to the current team (Sue giving Nike props for assists), and it got me wondering about other teams connection between past and present. For those of you fans of Tenn, Stanford, South Carolina, and other top programs, do you see the same level of engagement on social media between alumnae and current players, or alumnae at games? Last year, there was a considerable number of both UC and SC alums at the final, however is that normal for other high profile programs?

I’d love other team fans to chime in on what they see re the relationships between alums and current players.
I think the Samuelson sisters showed a huge tie to Stanford minus 1. Lawson, showed a strong tie to Tenn/Pat. I'm not sure Uconn Women generation to generation are significantly different than top successful teams. I too would like to know about Tenn, Stanford, ND, player to player/ generational interactions.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Our next game is Sunday at 1PM against Florida State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom