Finally | The Boneyard

Finally

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Finally were passing and not dribbleing so much. Were not looking to create a shot were looking for a teammate who is open. Last nite some very good passing. Anna shot the ball and shot it well. Liv is really much improved. Griff is amazin. We are in a good place right now. We're peaking at the right time. It looks like the hard work is paying off. Alot less dribbleing and a lot more passing. Meg another good nite. Now weve seen this before with our very young team. We now know we can do it. We just gotta keep doin it. I am pleasantly surprised and happy that it is happening now. Tournament time is right around the corner and we continue to improve individually and as a team. Watching the scores of other teams alot of them are stumbling. UConn seems to be gaining confidence and last nite did alot for this team. The important thing is were moving forward.

Saturday Im looking for another step forward in execution and passing. No more one on one. More Damm Passing. Passing is what keeps us moving and moving is what keeps us going. I really beleive we heading in the right direction and we're moving and passing our way to the top again. When we've got 4 players scoring and 5 playing defense we are gonna be a really tuff out.

Reaction Score
I agree with pretty much everything Tonyc said.... but must caution that this "performance" was against a very weak team. We've seen this before -- UConn looking great against inferior competition (see Memphis). Of course, we've also played some partial game stinkers against inferior comp. We really won't know anything for sure until the Tournament and we go up against good (or great) teams again. I remain hopeful.... but cautious!

Reaction Score
And we won all four quarters. Recognizing the level of competition, yep. But still 15-5 in Q3 and again in Q4 is quite refreshing.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I agree with pretty much everything Tonyc said.... but must caution that this "performance" was against a very weak team. We've seen this before -- UConn looking great against inferior competition (see Memphis). Of course, we've also played some partial game stinkers against inferior comp. We really won't know anything for sure until the Tournament and we go up against good (or great) teams again. I remain hopeful.... but cautious!
I could not agree more.....do this against the top 3 teams, and it is something to talk about!

Reaction Score
According to Massey, we beat the line by 10 points and we held Tulane 12 points below expected. I too would like to see these numbers against Baylor, SC and Oregon but Massey takes into account the level of competition in its predictions.

So I feel we already have something to talk about: as TonyC said, we heading in the right direction. But the funny thing about progress is that it is often non-linear. That can either be the fun or the reason to pull ones hair out.

Reaction Score
I think there was a big difference in the team and individual defense and that to me is of overriding importance. Our defense has been good at various times but against Tulane it was great. It was the switches at screens, the movement, the denials, the deflections, the boxing out, and the steals and that coupled with the ball not touching the floor at times on offense, maybe partly because of the defense, gave the team a different optic. If it continues through the rest of the regular season and the AAC tourney, we will have become a different team. We seemed more unselfish on offense against Tulane as well. As I said earlier, this new defensive dedication can become the team's collective identity we have all been waiting for this year. When you think about it, it's true that our passes were crisper and there was less dribbling and more movement on offense but defense leads to offense at UConn as it always has so maybe they have found the team "groove" after all. Let's see on Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom