Finally The Truth About The PAC 12 Network | The Boneyard

Finally The Truth About The PAC 12 Network

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Wow, not sure what is worse, the Pac12 Network financial woes or from the article the following lines:

the Beavers are left with an average of $616,000 per year in net distributions.
To put that figure in context with the cost of doing business in major college athletics consider this
OSU defensive coordinator Tim Tibesar was paid $550,000 last season.

The Beavers have no defense and were 2-10 last season

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So the real concern is there is no alternative options in how to improve this situation. The first item they should address is tossing the commission/media president. The second is to move their HQ out of the expensive real estate area as it does them no service to the bottom line. 3rd is to reach out to any all partners to offer interesting deals-hey hire any Baseball agent to structure unique deals with buyout options for either side to create upside opportunities.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We've discussed this before. Bad deal for everyone but the jerks who sold it to the conference ... follow the money. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So the real concern is there is no alternative options in how to improve this situation. The first item they should address is tossing the commission/media president. The second is to move their HQ out of the expensive real estate area as it does them no service to the bottom line. 3rd is to reach out to any all partners to offer interesting deals-hey hire any Baseball agent to structure unique deals with buyout options for either side to create upside opportunities.

Nope. Negotiate a national deal with a real player and just burn this thing down.

Reaction Score
First, it was Directv who was at fault in dealing with Pack 12 Network, prompting me to add Swing Tv to my subscriptipns. I only stick with Directv to get SNY and UConn games. Before the advent of the Pack 12 Network I could watch only a handful of Colorado games. Now everything is available. I have no interest in the SEC, football programs and athletic departments loosely connected to second rate academic schools. I wish UConn played in a conference as good as Pack 12 instead of current guaranteed win conference. Geno does well to schedule tough non-conference schools but the lack of serious challenges in conference is beginning to tell.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
First, it was Directv who was at fault in dealing with Pack 12 Network, prompting me to add Swing Tv to my subscriptipns. I only stick with Directv to get SNY and UConn games. Before the advent of the Pack 12 Network I could watch only a handful of Colorado games. Now everything is available. I have no interest in the SEC, football programs and athletic departments loosely connected to second rate academic schools. I wish UConn played in a conference as good as Pack 12 instead of current guaranteed win conference. Geno does well to schedule tough non-conference schools but the lack of serious challenges in conference is beginning to tell.
Had you spent some effort in researching your premise that the SEC consists of "second rate schools" you might have learned that many SEC schools are fine and well respected for their academics. And had you spent time learning how to spell, you would know that the PAC 12 is not spelled with a k. The Pacific Athletic Conference has some fine schools, and excellent sports programs, and a lousy network deal. The SEC has some fine schools, excellent sports programs, and a good network deal that allows many fans to watch their teams compete. It is never too late to learn ,Dokey. You should try it.

Reaction Score
Had you spent some effort in researching your premise that the SEC consists of "second rate schools" you might have learned that many SEC schools are fine and well respected for their academics. And had you spent time learning how to spell, you would know that the PAC 12 is not spelled with a k. The Pacific Athletic Conference has some fine schools, and excellent sports programs, and a lousy network deal. The SEC has some fine schools, excellent sports programs, and a good network deal that allows many fans to watch their teams compete. It is never too late to learn ,Dokey. You should try it.
Yes, it is Pac 12. I always forget. I got that wrong. Nothing else.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why does Rocky like so many opposing views? Without name calling and insults we are here for lively discussion are we not? I have a different view of the "like" button than most I guess. You may disagree with my post, but if you make a cogent argument I believe I should throw you a like. Bring some interesting article to the board, I'm going to thank you for that. etc etc etc Not just I agree with you so I hit the like button -

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes, it is Pac 12. I always forget. I got that wrong. Nothing else.
I will fall back on Proverbs 26: 4 and be shed of you. Okey, Dokey?:p

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... Uconn WCBB TV rights are greater than the total net rights package for any of the PAC12 schools at the moment! (Excluding whatever the national networks pay for individual games.)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So ... Uconn WCBB TV rights are greater than the total net rights package for any of the PAC12 schools at the moment! (Excluding whatever the national networks pay for individual games.)

Follow the money that's hard to follow. Only real world explanation for how they did this and felt real good and superior about it for a while. They ain't that dumb now are they? Where is the rhetorical question emotican when a guy needs it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom