Finally-relevant games tonight... | The Boneyard

Finally-relevant games tonight...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
After 3 days of nothing, we have a few good matchups and some other interesting games among the elite:
1. UConn at SC in the mad house. There's a thread on it so my terse comment is UConn by 15 (82-67)
2. Miss St vs. Mizzou at Mizzou. 8:30 game, so if you have SEC access you can flip over. There's a thread on that one as well and I voted MSU though Mizzou could surprise at home, they are gritty and have decent post play.
3. Texas A&M at Tennessee. Last game was a loss for Tenn during their 4 game challenge w/ND, SC, MSU. This game starts at 6:30 so there should be some indications of how it's going. I think Tenn at home wins. Rooting for Texas A&M but head is on the LadyVols
4. Notre Dame vs. NC. Is it a 30 point win, 40 point win? This could get ugly quick and will continue to prove the point that father time is undefeated. As Bob Hope's signature song-Thanks for the memories...
5. Virginia at Louisville. Both are 8-1 in conference play, however Louisville has played the brunt of the tougher teams and VA has Lou, FSU, VT, ND, Miami, Lou for a tough 6 game stretch. Boyle is on the hot seat and if they go 0-6 that leaves them 15-13. Could they really keep her? Lou by 20.
6. FSU vs. NC State. While this should be FSU, NC State is 6-3 and is at home. Wes usually has the team ready for home. FSU wins in a close game
7. Rutgers at Maryland. 10 years ago this was a must see. With the skid Rutgers is on, who knows. I am rooting for CVS but on the road, I am taking MD.
8. Georgia at LSU. 8 PM game. Georgia is ranked 17 now and has flown under the radar all year. LSU just beat the struggling Tenn team at home. I will take Georgia here mostly to see them get success after Landers left the cupboard bare by overstaying his time (see NC above).
9.Purdue at Mich. Mildly interesting to me. The Big10 has too many teams that are mediocre with MD being the best of the lot and I don't view them any better than 15/16 in the country so what's to get excited about?
10. Green Bay vs. Northern Kentucky. I saw GB early on and liked them but who knows what they really have.

I have real interest in 4 games tonight-MSU/Mizzou; Georgia/LSU; Texas A&M/Tenn and of course UConn/SC.

Mild interest in FSU/NCSt and glee optimism with ND/NC...

Reaction Score
Don't tell me tonight game against SC is on SNY. SNY is blocked out where I live. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thank you, thank you very much! That's really good news! I'm starting to dislike SNY.
Do you have a smart TV? If so, you can download the ESPN360 app on your smart TV and catch the game there. Actually, I have a PS4 and have it downloaded on that along with Hulu, Netflix, Amazonprime, etc etc. But I think it will still work on a smart tv...

Reaction Score
After 3 days of nothing, we have a few good matchups and some other interesting games among the elite:
1. UConn at SC in the mad house. There's a thread on it so my terse comment is UConn by 15 (82-67)
2. Miss St vs. Mizzou at Mizzou. 8:30 game, so if you have SEC access you can flip over. There's a thread on that one as well and I voted MSU though Mizzou could surprise at home, they are gritty and have decent post play.
3. Texas A&M at Tennessee. Last game was a loss for Tenn during their 4 game challenge w/ND, SC, MSU. This game starts at 6:30 so there should be some indications of how it's going. I think Tenn at home wins. Rooting for Texas A&M but head is on the LadyVols
4. Notre Dame vs. NC. Is it a 30 point win, 40 point win? This could get ugly quick and will continue to prove the point that father time is undefeated. As Bob Hope's signature song-Thanks for the memories...
5. Virginia at Louisville. Both are 8-1 in conference play, however Louisville has played the brunt of the tougher teams and VA has Lou, FSU, VT, ND, Miami, Lou for a tough 6 game stretch. Boyle is on the hot seat and if they go 0-6 that leaves them 15-13. Could they really keep her? Lou by 20.
6. FSU vs. NC State. While this should be FSU, NC State is 6-3 and is at home. Wes usually has the team ready for home. FSU wins in a close game
7. Rutgers at Maryland. 10 years ago this was a must see. With the skid Rutgers is on, who knows. I am rooting for CVS but on the road, I am taking MD.
8. Georgia at LSU. 8 PM game. Georgia is ranked 17 now and has flown under the radar all year. LSU just beat the struggling Tenn team at home. I will take Georgia here mostly to see them get success after Landers left the cupboard bare by overstaying his time (see NC above).
9.Purdue at Mich. Mildly interesting to me. The Big10 has too many teams that are mediocre with MD being the best of the lot and I don't view them any better than 15/16 in the country so what's to get excited about?
10. Green Bay vs. Northern Kentucky. I saw GB early on and liked them but who knows what they really have.

I have real interest in 4 games tonight-MSU/Mizzou; Georgia/LSU; Texas A&M/Tenn and of course UConn/SC.

Actually the UVA/Louisville game is at UVA - I’m going to be there. Louisville likely to win easily, but sometimes UVA’s style of play gives them difficulty. Not likely UVA finishes 0-6. This team is very together and playing hard. But if they do, Boyle s/b gone. I’ll be happy though, ‘cause I’m predicting they hire Shea!

Reaction Score
Do you have a smart TV? If so, you can download the ESPN360 app on your smart TV and catch the game there. Actually, I have a PS4 and have it downloaded on that along with Hulu, Netflix, Amazonprime, etc etc. But I think it will still work on a smart tv...
Eric, I have SlingTV which has espn, espn2 and espn3. But if the game is covered by SNY/ESPN3 then I'm doomed because I live in NY it will blacked out, because SNY is in NY.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louisville-UVa was 31-27 at halftime. The Cardinals have outscored the Cavs 44-12 in the 2nd half. Wow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida St. is about to go down against NC State, trailing by 8 w/ about 30 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LSU making some noise. Fresh off beating Tennessee they took out Georgia 71-60. Purdue beat Michigan by 2 in OT.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
LSU making some noise. Fresh off beating Tennessee they took out Georgia 71-60. Purdue beat Michigan by 2 in OT.
Yes, I agree and am pleasantly surprised.
Instead of going to my daughters swim meet tonight, I should have driven up to Foxwoods and place bets! I would have lost the LSU and FSU games but was right in NCSt giving them a good game and Lou blowing out VA...

Reaction Score
Don't tell me tonight game against SC is on SNY. SNY is blocked out where I live. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't even get me started on SNY. I got SNY as an extra on DirecTV. Because I don't have a TV, I stream games, through the NBC Sports app. Guess what? I kept getting blacked out, even though I was paying for SNY. Buh-bye, SNY.

Reaction Score
Eric, I have SlingTV which has espn, espn2 and espn3. But if the game is covered by SNY/ESPN3 then I'm doomed because I live in NY it will blacked out, because SNY is in NY.
Which means you can't get any of the UConn games that aren't covered by ESPN or ESPN2. NYer here as well. Grrr!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Florida St. is about to go down against NC State, trailing by 8 w/ about 30 seconds left.

Wolfpack Women take a 65-56 victory over Florida State. At 18-5, 7-3 ACC, I will be shocked if NC State doesn't crack the national rankings next week if they take care of business Sunday against Boston College.

I really was expecting a rebuilding year, after losing so much from last year's excellent team but this year's version has steadily and quietly improved. The victory over FSU was our first signature win of the season, after coming close against Louisville, giving up a double-digit lead in a loss to Rutgers and not shooting well in losses to Virginia and Duke.

This is my first post on the Boneyard this season, after being a fairly regular contributor last season. I didn't think I would have much positive stuff to post about this season.

Reaction Score

Awesome rundown. I especially agree with #9. While LSU has taken down Tennessee and now Georgia, LSU now deserves some props, but it also tells me that ranking teams beyond the top 5, is a difficult challenge this year. I have watched Tennessee on television 4 times this year, and, come tournament time, they will be going home early if they play a lock down defensive competitor. I just cannot see Tennessee as a top 15 team? Very undisciplined, and, not improving in my view.

Reaction Score

I also had SlingTV, after last season ended and this season started. SNY is not a channel any of these live TV streaming services carry. ("they" say SNY can be viewed in the NBCSports app, but I believe one also has to have SNY with their provider to be able to watch it there). Signed up for Comcast, for only the basketball season, will cancel TV portion after season is over again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wolfpack Women take a 65-56 victory over Florida State. At 18-5, 7-3 ACC, I will be shocked if NC State doesn't crack the national rankings next week if they take care of business Sunday against Boston College.

I really was expecting a rebuilding year, after losing so much from last year's excellent team but this year's version has steadily and quietly improved. The victory over FSU was our first signature win of the season, after coming close against Louisville, giving up a double-digit lead in a loss to Rutgers and not shooting well in losses to Virginia and Duke.

This is my first post on the Boneyard this season, after being a fairly regular contributor last season. I didn't think I would have much positive stuff to post about this season.

You guys really have surprised me this season... I pegged yall for around 7-9th in the conference. Shows what I know :oops: Im not sure what CJ's little sister averages for the season.. .. but every time I check the boxscore...... seems like she has around 16-17 pts. That transfer has really worked out well for both her and for State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom