Finally have a president committed to football? | The Boneyard

Finally have a president committed to football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Virginia provost Katsouleas appointed UConn president

>>Katsouleas said he also understands the importance of UConn as an athletic institution and said he’s committed to keeping the Huskies as a major player in college sports.

“Yes, I’m committed to football,” he said. “I think it’s part of the identity of who we are as a major, broad-context university and I don’t think savings from cutting it are as great as people think.”

He said he’s also committed to building the American Athletic Conference and has no plans to try and move the school into a different one.<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really hope this means that we will finally properly fund football to a competitive FBS level and that our head coach doesn't have to hold bake sales to pay for assistant coaches raises.

Reaction Score
The last president claimed to care about sports too - I’ll probably wait and see what this one does.
I'm on board if he can figure out how to fund it better

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm on board if he can figure out how to fund it better

He knows 1% of what we know on the topic. He doesn’t have a magical way to fund it short of eliminating other sports.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He knows 1% of what we know on the topic. He doesn’t have a magical way to fund it short of eliminating other sports.

I believe in :

1549396366708.png

https://impactalpha.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/i2xmhay.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
i’ll give the guy a chance. what he says doesnt much matter. at least he likes swimming and not lacrosse

I thought you would've pegged water polo a step or two below lacrosse.

Reaction Score
One thing about UVA, it is largely funded by private and non-state sources. If the new president can lessen UConn's reliance on state government funds, athletics and other areas would benefit.

Looking in the way back machine wasn't it Lou Perkins who first was given the task of finding a way to fund the Athletic Dept. with no state funds? With the largess of the AD right now this has been lost along the way.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Shame that he’s committed to the AAC tho.

Reaction Score

He’s not. They all say that. Getting out can’t be a public goal, it isn’t good for anyone. Once he’s off the radar a little he’ll say something about being “committed to competing at the highest possible level” to appease us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What else is he going to say publically though? "We're stuck in an underpaid halfway decent conference that'll never get paid as much as others, but we are actively trying to leave"?

If he's stuck here then might as well invest and try to make it the beat he can until the invite does come

Reaction Score
It's already public knowledge everyone wants to leave. Even ECU. Remember the Big 12 expansion attempt? The man said GROW the AAC. That means grow the freaking brands in the conference.

God Almighty.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

What is suppose to say, seriously? You dance with who you bring to the dance, but if a better offer comes, then you leave with them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What is suppose to say, seriously? You dance with who you bring to the dance, but if a better offer comes, then you leave with them.

I’d have a lot more respect for anyone in Storrs who has the guts to say our University and our fans deserve better than the AAC and I’m going work my rear off until that happens.

But everyone in storrs is an overpaid loser who only cares about their next job and not where UConn lands yet everyone pats them on the back for ‘saying the right thing’.

then tomorrow the football class is filled with d-ii transfers and the enablers will be like this is awesome

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I’d have a lot more respect for anyone in Storrs who has the guts to say our University and our fans deserve better than the AAC and I’m going work my rear off until that happens.

But everyone in storrs is an overpaid loser who only cares about their next job and not where UConn lands yet everyone pats them on the back for ‘saying the right thing’.

then tomorrow the football class is filled with d-ii transfers and the enablers will be like this is awesome

I want out of the AAC as much as anyone, but at the same time you have to deal with the cards your dealt, or don't you get that?

He is something to look at about D-II playing in the NFL
Not saying this young man is going to be a pro, but to dismiss him because he played D-II ball shows a lack of knowledge of the sport. Sorry but blanket statements are just ignorant.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I get what he has to say publicly... my comment was tongue in cheek.

Would have been funnier if he was honest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom