Finally Got Up The Nerve to Watch | The Boneyard

Finally Got Up The Nerve to Watch

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The final HBO episode. Just me. If I don't watch it didn't happen kind of logic.... Anyway, once more I was struck by the absence of Phee in this drama. Gabby get's up and retreats to the rear of the locker room to break something (apparently) and we have a fair to middlin' bunch of emotion all around. Phee, a quick silhouette. The Ice Woman huh?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The final HBO episode. Just me. If I don't watch it didn't happen kind of logic.... Anyway, once more I was struck by the absence of Phee in this drama. Gabby get's up and retreats to the rear of the locker room to break something (apparently) and we have a fair to middlin' bunch of emotion all around. Phee, a quick silhouette. The Ice Woman huh?

Defeat is a very bitter pill to swallow, especially when you only do it once every two years. Each player will handle it differently. i.e, some can hold back the tears while still on the floor (until they get to the locker room), some can't, especially a huge game as this at the end of the season. This loss would have served them better had it come earlier in the season, like the Stanford loss did in 2014.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I still haven't been able to watch and my wife keeps asking when she can delete it...maybe on Cinco de Mayo...:confused:

Reaction Score
I'm not only a member of the 'If I Don't Watch It, It Didn't Happen Club', I'm also the president.

Therefore, not only have I not watched it, I won't watch it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Took you long enough.... perhaps you should change your avatar from the Bald Eagle to

chick.png

:p ;) :cool: :D :p

Reaction Score
I saw the hbo show when it came out. I am sure if I see it now my perspective will be different. Still disappointed but may be the pain will be little less acute.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the series. I am curious as to what this board thinks about what effect, if any, it will have on recruiting. I tend to think it will have a positive effect.

My favorite part was HCGA going nuts on Dangerfield in the huddle during the Notre Dame game. Great stuff. "You can't play in this game because you're scared s***less!" Second favorite moment was AHCCD cluing HCGA in as to the fact that Dangerfield doesn't pick up full court in practice. "Hey, Crystal...why don't you pick up full court. We had someone here who picked up full court every practice for four years." Tremendous.

Reaction Score
Luckily I do not have HBO so not a concern. I have not re-watched the game however. Not sure since next year is like starting all over what will be gained except frustration and disappointment. My current memory will suffice:

- Gabby is a gamer and carried team while the rest looked overwhelmed. (She also changed my overall impression about being the best player despite limited range on shot.)
- Lou showed up in second half and at least showed fight.
- Pheese I can not explain.
- I have no idea why SC started to drive to the basket with so much time left instead of taking last shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the series. I am curious as to what this board thinks about what effect, if any, it will have on recruiting. I tend to think it will have a positive effect.

My favorite part was HCGA going nuts on Dangerfield in the huddle during the Notre Dame game. Great stuff. "You can't play in this game because you're scared s***less!" Second favorite moment was AHCCD cluing HCGA in as to the fact that Dangerfield doesn't pick up full court in practice. "Hey, Crystal...why don't you pick up full court. We had someone here who picked up full court every practice for four years." Tremendous.

This year, we saw "freshman" Crystal Dangerfield. She came in w-i-d-e eyed, not knowing what to expect, trying hard to please Geno, and learn the system. Seeing if she could play at this level, and trying to stay out of (as referred to by Kara Wolters) Geno's "Chateau de' bow wow". This year, I expect to see a new and improved sophomore Crystal Dangerfield. The time she spends this summer on the USA U19 team will help.

Accepting invitations to attend the USA U19 World Cup Team trials were: Janelle Bailey (Providence Day School/Matthews, N.C.); Jeannie Boehm (Harvard/Winnetka, Ill.); Chennedy Carter (Timberview H.S./Arlington, Texas); Charli Collier (Barbers Hill H.S./Baytown, Texas); Sidney Cooks (Saint Joseph H.S./Kenosha, Wis.); Mikayla Coombs (Wesleyan School/Norcross, Ga.); Gabby Cooper (Syracuse/Lansing, Ill.); Crystal Dangerfield (Connecticut/Murfreesboro, Tenn.); Shug Dickson (Tulsa/St. Louis, Mo.); Kathleen Doyle (Iowa/LaGrange Park, Ill.); Dana Evans (West Side H.S./Gary, Ind.); Nadia Fingall (Stanford/Navarre, Fla); Tyasha Harris (South Carolina/Noblesville, Ind.); Ruthy Hebard (Oregon/Fairbanks, Alaska); Tamara Henshaw (South Florida/Palm Coast, Fla.); Becca Hittner (Drake/Urbandale, Iowa); Joyner Holmes (Texas/Cedar Hill, Texas); Stephanie Jones (Maryland/Havre de Grace, Md.); Jordan Lewis (Alabama/Windermere, Fla.); Tori McCoy (transfer TBD/Champaign, Ill.); Aarion McDonald (Washington/Fresno, Calif.); Minyon Moore (Southern California/Hercules, Calif.); Kayla Overbeck (Vanderbilt/Newbury Park, Calif.); Sedona Prince (Liberty Hill H.S./Liberty Hill, Texas); Reili Richardson (Arizona State/Brea, Calif.); Kylee Shook (Louisville/Colorado Springs, Colo.); Amber Smith (Missouri/Shreveport, La.); Alecia Sutton (Texas/St. Louis, Mo.); Megan Walker (Monacan H.S./Chesterfield, Va.); Evina Westbrook (South Salem H.S./Salem, Ore.); Christyn Williams (Central Arkansas Christian School/Little Rock, Ark.); Jocelyn Willoughby (Virginia/East Orange, N.J.) and Aaliyah Wilson (Arkansas/Muskogee, Okla)

Should Dangerfield and her UConn teammates make the cut, they (except for Collier) will be traveling to Italy twice this summer, as the U19 games will be held July 22-30 in Cividale del Friuli and Udine, Italy.

The team will tour Italy August 12-23.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom