Finally an upset | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finally an upset

Reaction Score
I can't believe that the same Arkansas team that shot the lights out against us, just got Ko'ed
Too bad. Now they in don’t have a chance to join ND and Rutgers in the “beat UConn twice in the same season” club. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I know the chances were less than 5% of it happening but badly wanted a rematch with Arkansas in the finals. Oh well. Will have to wait until next year if the rematch at Uconn takes place as it is rumored to be. Won't be the same though if Dungee is gone ( I would expect she would be).

Reaction Score
Saw another one of those "push off and get the foul call" calls again last night. These refs are just horrific.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
is this like our game, Arkansas pushing off and then they get awarded free throws. I am not watching, at work, so I don't know. You would think at some point after calling so many fouls the refs would be embarrassed. When you talk about the refs, it means the refs became the game, and that is not good for them. Looks like lead now down to 1 for WS.
The Arkansas team did not invent the fake foul: Notre Dame practiced it to perfection, especially against us. Dribble drive toward the hoop, then suddenly launch and lurch sideways into a defender and toss up a shot and fall dramatically to the floor. Bingo, shooting foul called on Husky defender who couldn't get out of the way . To her "credit," Dungee did add the raised arm/elbow into the defender. I noticed she— alone!—took 18 foul shots in the Wright State game, so if the refs did finally go to school on her, it certainly was not an early recognition of the strategy to draw whistles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am keeping my eye on 10 seed UCF and 7th seed NW. Halftime 30-26 NW but rooting for Nykesha but Diamond Battle UCF injured and out

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I guess the SEC must be REALLY overrated since #4 Arkansas lost to #13 Wright State.
I just think the top 5 teams in the Pac 12 are better than those in the SEC and the top 5 in the SEC are better than those in the B1G.

Reaction Score
The Arkansas team did not invent the fake foul: Notre Dame practiced it to perfection, especially against us. Dribble drive toward the hoop, then suddenly launch and lurch sideways into a defender and toss up a shot and fall dramatically to the floor. Bingo, shooting foul called on Husky defender who couldn't get out of the way . To her "credit," Dungee did add the raised arm/elbow into the defender. I noticed she— alone!—took 18 foul shots in the Wright State game, so if the refs did finally go to school on her, it certainly was not an early recognition of the strategy to draw whistles.
Dungee may pull it off but no one but no one can match Skylar who perfected it into an art form ;)

Reaction Score
Not intending to pile on Dungee but I found it interesting to hear the pre game presser with CD about a high school shooter becoming a college basketball player which obviously didn’t happen down in Arkansas. I think they had the parts but certainly not the coaching or desire to become a team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
You live and die by the 3.

When your hot you upset a #1 seed.

When your not you lose to a #13 seed

Its why Arkansas is so hard to predict how they will do in a tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am keeping my eye on 10 seed UCF and 7th seed NW. Halftime 30-26 NW but rooting for Nykesha but Diamond Battle UCF injured and out
Well, UCF was within 4 a few times in 4Q but Pulliam was the difference 62-51. NW

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't believe that the same Arkansas team that shot the lights out against us, just got Ko'ed
I can. We had the unfortunate luck to catch them on a good day. Dungee had 27 today. If she scores 27 against us, they lose. There was no doubt in my mind that if we played them again this season, we would have won. Dungee was in a "zone" that UConn could not overcome. The game came down to the last shot.
We did not get blown out, and we did not lose to an unranked team. Box score of today's game

I’m not mad they beat us. It was a wake-up call. We needed it. That loss humbled us, and served us well. It left a very sour taste in our team’s mouths. UConn has played much better since. They play with more urgency and purpose now.

That said, I wasn’t sorry to see them lose. I predicted there would be some mild upsets today just as there were in the men‘s tournament. A women's 4 and 5 seed has already been sent home by higher seeds today. :confused:

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's a shame. She was by far their best perimeter defender and gave UCF all their energy. They had little chance without her. Hate seeing injuries affect outcomes and mar the overall experience.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Both games on now are pretty competitive - Troy 15 seed hanging around against TA&M down to 3 point lead and Mich St 10 seed is within 2 of ISU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both games on no are pretty competitive - Troy 15 seed hanging around against TA&M down to 3 point lead and Mich St 10 seed is within 2 of ISU
There is no way that Texas A&M deserved the #5 ranking ahead of Baylor & Maryland. They lost their tournament & lost to 9-13 LSU. They had a great year, but they belong behind the Terps & Bears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom