Finally an upset | The Boneyard

Finally an upset

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wright State up 14 points with 3 minutes left in 1st half 33-19. over 4th seed Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Rutgers loses to BYU
You are stretching it a bit to call this an upset. I saw BYU lose to Gonzaga in their conference championship, and they are not great. Nor is Rutgers. But an 11 beating a 6 is meaningful, I agree.

The potential for a real upset was to see Drexel 25-25 with Georgia at the half. But I knew it would not last, and it didn't. Also Stephen F. Austin had a 48-42 lead on Georgia Tech in the 4th quarter, but decided not to score any more . ( i know, they got a few points. But they basically went ice cold ) and lost in OT ).

I am with you on wanting to see some upsets, as indicators of how far the women's game has come. On the men's side, for example, a 15 ( Oral Roberts ) has beaten a 2 seed ( Ohio State ), and now advanced to the sweet 16, after beating Florida. No such action is going to happen in the women's draw. Not yet. Some of these lower seeded teams have an excellent player, or two. But rarely seven eight, as the top teams have. But there is progress.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Anyone watching Wright State vs Arkansas...fun game too early to tell the outcome
WS playing great defense. Arkansas banging and pushing as usual. Refs are helping the Hogs stay in the game. 17 of their 49 points are FTs. WS up in 4th but in foul trouble all around.

Reaction Score
is this like our game, Arkansas pushing off and then they get awarded free throws. I am not watching, at work, so I don't know. You would think at some point after calling so many fouls the refs would be embarrassed. When you talk about the refs, it means the refs became the game, and that is not good for them. Looks like lead now down to 1 for WS.

Reaction Score
Wright State is getting sucked into some of those fouls but Arkansas is professional on how to sell something as being a foul. 2 point game with 2 minutes left and WS in in serious foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Do you think Arkansas would trade their win over UConn for another shot at Wright St.?

Maybe not.

Reaction Score
I thought Wright State vs Arkansas was an UGLY game. Yes, Ark "drew fouls" from Wright State and shot a lot of FTs... but more often than not, they were on out of control drives to the basket where they were almost falling down, fore arm push offs of their defender, and so on. Ark shooting percentage was terrible. The game was a mess...hard to watch. But it's always fun to see an upset. ?

Reaction Score
I can't believe that the same Arkansas team that shot the lights out against us, just got Ko'ed
Dribble drive- pitch, dribble-drive pitch. It's not a real offense. You are not running plays or a motion to get easy shots. If the drive is stopped, the shots are challenged, and/or the shots aren't falling, you lose. Ask most high school teams in America. It's a high school offense. (it burned us though. love to play them now)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom