Finally a game that most of us can watch on TV... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finally a game that most of us can watch on TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I grew up in Northeastern CT and got to see a lot of UConn games live at Storrs. Moved to Poughkeepsie NY and was able to go to NYC to MSG to see them beat the Johnnies. Then, on to Maryland and got to see the Huskies in DC vs. the Hoyas (when the BE still existed). Sadly, I did see the Huskies lose to George Mason in DC.

Last year, in a freak snow storm in late March, I lost my DirecTV reception in the middle of the Mich St. Elite 8 game. So, long story short I got the CBS radio broadcast and listened to one of the greatest UConn games ever!

Which brings me to this question: How many people follow the Huskies on the radio via WTIC, with Joe D?

I really enjoy listening to the game on the radio and hearing Joe D call out a made 3 pointer, Good!!!!

And, I do recommend DirecTV with the extra Sports Channel programming. You get ESPNU, CBS Network, and SNY. Comcast and Dish don't carry all of these channels.

If you're a Huskies fan, you'll find a way to follow the team!

Reaction Score
I have Optimum in Woodbridge, and I paid an extra $9 a month to get the highest level sports package, which includes the all of the ESPN channels, SEC Network, CBSSN, FS1, MLB Network, NBA Network, NHL Network, Redzone Channel, Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A among other miscellaneous sports and wildlife channels. Regardless of whether UConn had games on CBSSN, I still would have spent the extra money to get all of these channels anyways.

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is why in 2015 CBS Sports Network can't stream their games online like ESPN? I'm pretty fortunate that even though I live outside the country I'm able to see just about every UConn game in HD thanks to ESPN and apple tv.

Why can't CBS provide the same service and stream the games? It doesn't make any sense.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I grew up in Northeastern CT and got to see a lot of UConn games live at Storrs. Moved to Poughkeepsie NY and was able to go to NYC to MSG to see them beat the Johnnies. Then, on to Maryland and got to see the Huskies in DC vs. the Hoyas (when the BE still existed). Sadly, I did see the Huskies lose to George Mason in DC.

Last year, in a freak snow storm in late March, I lost my DirecTV reception in the middle of the Mich St. Elite 8 game. So, long story short I got the CBS radio broadcast and listened to one of the greatest UConn games ever!

Which brings me to this question: How many people follow the Huskies on the radio via WTIC, with Joe D?

I really enjoy listening to the game on the radio and hearing Joe D call out a made 3 pointer, Good!!!!

And, I do recommend DirecTV with the extra Sports Channel programming. You get ESPNU, CBS Network, and SNY. Comcast and Dish don't carry all of these channels.

If you're a Huskies fan, you'll find a way to follow the team!
I listen to WTIC whenever I'm driving during a game or the rare times a game is not on TV (or my TV) But basketball on radio is hard for me. Strangely, I like Joe D's little "they are going left to right" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom