Finally a game that most of us can watch on TV... | The Boneyard

Finally a game that most of us can watch on TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So Cinci tomorrow night is going to be on ESPN2, all of these CBS SportsNet games are incredibly annoying. I have not had the channel in my package in the area of my last two apartments (Storrs last year, Boston this year), and it isnt even available for purchase in the Storrs area (ridiculous).

There were lots of people preseason saying the AAC isnt going to be that bad in terms of number of network games, CBS SN is NOT a network game. This is life in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Thanks for lifting my depression. I will be working (with internet access) but assumed it was on CBS SN. Its great news for a great game.

Reaction Score
in terms of an actual network game, having a game on CBSSN is no different than all of the ESPN+/3 games over the years that were broadcast locally over the years, first on CT stations and then SNY. Of course it sucks that not every cable/satellite carrier carries that channel but stop acting like having 2 or 3 games bannished to CBSSN is somehow worse from a national perspective compared to the double digit games that were on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
So Cinci tomorrow night is going to be on ESPN2, all of these CBS SportsNet games are incredibly annoying. I have not had the channel in my package in the area of my last two apartments (Storrs last year, Boston this year), and it isnt even available for purchase in the Storrs area (ridiculous).

There were lots of people preseason saying the AAC isnt going to be that bad in terms of number of network games, CBS SN is NOT a network game. This is life in the AAC.
I am in Boston and get it through normal TV package.

We had 9 BE games our last year in the BE on non network TV.

We have 6 AAC games on non network TV this year.

People who complain about the TV package either have short memories or are just complaining to complain.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

Live in Tampa area and I have Direct TV. Every single UConn game is on one station or another, every one.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
As far as the broadcast of the UConn games on CBS SN, I actually like it. There is pre-game talk by several analysts (Rothstein, Cleaves, Gotlieb, Szczerbiak) and game commentators Lappas/Gillen (whom I don't mind)... Also the CBS theme music is the same as played during march madness.

www.cbssportsnetwork.com/bios

Reaction Score
As far as the broadcast of the UConn games on CBS SN, I actually like it. There is pre-game talk by several analysts (Rothstein, Cleaves, Gotlieb, Szczerbiak) and game commentators Lappas/Gillen (whom I don't mind)... Also the CBS theme music is the same as played during march madness.

100 times better than being regulated to SNY, which I know in Boston does not even have HD

Reaction Score

Why do people keep saying this?

UConn is top 10 in the country in terms of exposure on ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS.

If UConn was in the ACC, you'd no doubt see less of UConn than you see now.

This is the whole deal with ESPN. You get exposure, because you agree to play midweek games and agree to play for peanuts.

Reaction Score
Why do people keep saying this?

UConn is top 10 in the country in terms of exposure on ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS.

If UConn was in the ACC, you'd no doubt see less of UConn than you see now.

This is the whole deal with ESPN. You get exposure, because you agree to play midweek games and agree to play for peanuts.
Unless you have NESN...

Reaction Score

The quality of the HD is also better than the ESPN3 games that were fed to SNY imo

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who is having a problem watching games on TV? The only two I couldn't watch on TV so far this season were the exhibition games, for which I bought a Huskyvision subscription for one month.

Sounds more like people who don't have traditional cable service, which is a choice.

Reaction Score
I think the coverage is great. The problem is I don't care about half of the subject matter. The half I'm referring to would be our long list of lousy opposition. Unfortunately, I've been able to see every minute this season.

I hated Syracuse, Georgetown and Villanova, but at least I gave a damn. Now I feel like I am watching preseason NFL football when our basketball team plays UCF or Tulsa. It is sort of surreal, like I am watching to see how we look but I don't actually want to see the game.

If the league could find a way to have 3-5 ranked teams most years things would be better but this season is a real doozy. The league sucks and we are looking pretty rough ourselves. Just a bad year for the AAC.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
My only problem with CBSSports Network is that COX only gets standard def and it's really annoying to watch. You'd think after 2-3 years with a contract with the league UConn was in enough people would complain to cox in order to get them to get the HD feed. When I asked them they said they'd need enough people to ask for it although they seemed confused to what I was asking.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
in terms of an actual network game, having a game on CBSSN is no different than all of the ESPN+/3 games over the years that were broadcast locally over the years, first on CT stations and then SNY. Of course it sucks that not every cable/satellite carrier carries that channel but stop acting like having 2 or 3 games bannished to CBSSN is somehow worse from a national perspective compared to the double digit games that were on ESPN3.
True I guess, but ESPN's line of networks are much more accessible nationally, almost every cable provider has the option to purchase all the ESPN networks, whereas I couldnt even buy CBS SN last year even If I wanted to shell out the extra $10 per month. Also, ESPNU/3 games can be watched live or on-demand/replay for free online in HD with WatchESPN. I usually am working/studying during gametime so I would watch the replay on ESPN3, that option is not available for CBS SN, big factor for me personally.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I am in Boston and get it through normal TV package.

We had 9 BE games our last year in the BE on non network TV.

We have 6 AAC games on non network TV this year.

People who complain about the TV package either have short memories or are just complaining to complain.

You realize there is more than one cable provider in Boston right? I have the Comcast cable+internet bundle that gets me 100 channels but no CBSSN. I cant afford more than the $90 im paying monthly to get that as it is as a grad student. I was referencing Storrs as being unable to purchase the game, if you actually read the post and didnt just jump to complain about what you see as me complaining, ironically. Some of you guys on this board can be insufferable when someone has anything to say other than "Nolan and Cassell were both A++++ effort tonight awesome performance vs Central Arkansas State"

Reaction Score
You realize there is more than one cable provider in Boston right? I have the Comcast cable+internet bundle that gets me 100 channels but no CBSSN. I cant afford more than the $90 im paying monthly to get that as it is as a grad student. I was referencing Storrs as being unable to purchase the game, if you actually read the post and didnt just jump to complain about my complaining, ironically. Some of you guys on this board can be insufferable when someone has anything to say other than "Nolan and Cassell were both A++++ effort tonight awesome performance vs Central Arkansas State"
Sorry you did not like that I used facts to disprove your compliant about being relegated to the AAC.

I will try not to do that again, ignorance is bliss is guess

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I wish cbs would stream more than just games on CBS itself, the quality couldn't be any worse than standard def.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Sorry you did not like that I used facts to disprove your compliant about being relegated to the AAC.

I will try not to do that again, ignorance is bliss is guess
Show me where you got those figures, I want to give it a gander.

BUConn10

Reaction Score

Okay, so I looked over the game coverage from this year and the last year we were in the Big East and NOT banned from the post-season since that would obviously affect how many games the big networks would want to schedule for UConn. I was skeptical but I must concede that you are correct Jerry.

UConn plays 17 games this regular season that are on either ESPN, ESPN2, or CBS which I consider the major CBB networks.
In 2011-2012 we had 14 games on ESPN, ESPN2, or CBS (although there were 3x as many prime time games on the main ESPN network, whereas this year the majority are on ESPN2 and only a couple on ESPN). Regardless I was wrong about the # of network games and I accept that. I may have been mislead since SNY is a default channel for everything but the most basic 12-channel service in almost all of New England, whereas CBSSN isnt so I never went without games in the past.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Thu, Jan 29
8:00 PM Et espn2
Sun, Feb 1
3:00 PM ET CBS Sports Network
Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 4
7:00 PM ET ESPN U
Sat, Feb 7
6:00 PM ET CBS Sports Network
Thu, Feb 12
7:00 PM ET ESPN/ESPN 2
Sat, Feb 14
9:00 PM espn
Thu, Feb 19
9:00 PM ET ESPN/espn2
Sun, Feb 22
4:00 PM ET CBS Sports Network

Wed, Feb 25
7:00 PM ET espnU
Sun, Mar 1
2:00 PM ET CBS
Thu, Mar 5
9:00 PM ET ESPN/espn2
Sat, Mar 7
TBD

Reaction Score
I have RCN in Boston and have no problem seeing every game that isn't on SNY. I can watch the SNY games on the Watch ESPN app. When I had Comcast I also had no problem.

The whining gets old.

Reaction Score
I don't get CBS SN on my Comcast package, but I don't care as it gives me a good excuse for going to O'Brians and having a few beers.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sorry for the people w/o CBS SN BUT
There have been games most of us can watch

Reaction Score
Who is having a problem watching games on TV? The only two I couldn't watch on TV so far this season were the exhibition games, for which I bought a Huskyvision subscription for one month.

Sounds more like people who don't have traditional cable service, which is a choice.
My problem is that I'm at work with internet and a TV with no expended channels. Can watch streamed games all night long however CBS SN doesn't stream reliably. That's not a complaint but a reality.

So some of what's posted is legitimate in respect to CBS SN limitations but only on a personal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom