Final "Weekend" ~ #23 UConn v. #9 ECU @ J.O.C Field (Thurs. 5/17 @1p & DblHdr Fri. 5/18 @ 11a >>) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Final "Weekend" ~ #23 UConn v. #9 ECU @ J.O.C Field (Thurs. 5/17 @1p & DblHdr Fri. 5/18 @ 11a >>)

Reaction Score
UConn and Cincinnati are scheduled to play Wednesday at 3pm in the AAC tournament. UConn is the 3 seed.

Reaction Score
So the Tourney is looking like this:
5/22
4 ECU v 5 UCF
1 UH v 8 WSU/Tulane

5/23
2 USF v 7 Tulane/WSU
3 UConn v 6 UC

Tulane (9-14) is @ UCF; WSU (8-14-1) is @ Memphis.

Reaction Score
I am really happy that UConn baseball has done so well, but I don't understand something. We have been told for years by boneyarders that the AAC is a bad conference. Yet, it appears that people here are happy that UConn is finishing in third place! A third place finish in basketball would be terrible (not that it has been even a possibility lately). Why are people happy that UConn is finishing in third place in what is supposed to be a terrible conference. Please help me out here. I don't understand the joy. It's like chanting "We're number 3, we're number 3 etc.!

I'm guessing you do not follow college baseball. There are exceptions for everything, and for the AAC the big exception is baseball. In terms of competition and quality teams, baseball is the one sport at UConn to benefit from moving from the Big East to the AAC. For baseball, the AAC is now always one one of the top conferences in the country. This season the AAC currently ranks 4th in the RPI, with 8 of 9 AAC teams lodged in the RPI top 100, and with 5 teams in the RPI top 50. The AAC in its few years has always gotten multiple bids to the NCAA baseball tourney. For the upcoming NCAA baseball tourney, expect to see the AAC to get 4 or 5 teams into the tourney, not a bad number when you are not the SEC or the ACC. Also, if UConn does well in the AAC tourney (getting to the finals or winning the tourney), there is a real chance that the Huskies could be selected as one of the 16 host seeds for the NCAA tournament. That despite having the No. 3 seed in the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that UConn won at Coastal Carolina and is 2-0 vs. the ACC (which the AAC has a winning record against).

For people who don't follow college baseball, Coastal Carolina won the national championship a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score
UCF, UConn and USF clinch conference series finales on Friday

>>Six teams solidified their seeds for the 2018 American Athletic Conference Baseball Championship presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater from May 22-27, following the league’s final Friday of conference play. After No. 20 Houston (16-8) clinched the outright regular season title and top seed on Thursday, USF (14-9-1) took two of three at Cincinnati (12-12) to capture the No. 2 seed. No. 22 UConn (14-10) defeated No. 9 ECU (14-10) in a doubleheader and finished third in the regular season standings, while the Pirates tied for third and took the No. 4 seed. UCF (13-10) took the No. 5 seed after a doubleheader sweep of Tulane, while the Bearcats finished in sixth place in the conference standings.

The final two seeds will be determined in The American’s last two conference games of 2018 on Saturday. Tulane and Wichita State will be battling of the seventh seed, as the Shockers take on Memphis at 2 p.m. ET and the Green Wave faces UCF at 1 p.m. ET.<<

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you do not follow college baseball. There are exceptions for everything, and for the AAC the big exception is baseball. In terms of competition and quality teams, baseball is the one sport at UConn to benefit from moving from the Big East to the AAC. For baseball, the AAC is now always one one of the top conferences in the country. This season the AAC currently ranks 4th in the RPI, with 8 of 9 AAC teams lodged in the RPI top 100, and with 5 teams in the RPI top 50. The AAC in its few years has always gotten multiple bids to the NCAA baseball tourney. For the upcoming NCAA baseball tourney, expect to see the AAC to get 4 or 5 teams into the tourney, not a bad number when you are not the SEC or the ACC. Also, if UConn does well in the AAC tourney (getting to the finals or winning the tourney), there is a real chance that the Huskies could be selected as one of the 16 host seeds for the NCAA tournament. That despite having the No. 3 seed in the AAC tourney.
Thank you for that. I guess I read the CR board too much.

Reaction Score
D1 Digest: Friday, May 18 | D1Baseball.com

>>Connecticut: The Huskies dropped out as a regional host in our latest projections earlier this week, but could they jump right back into the mix next week? It’s possible, as they split a doubleheader with East Carolina to clinch an important series win. UConn dropped the first game of the doubleheader, 6-3, before responding in the nightcap with a 4-2 triumph. Chase Gardner put together a strong start for the Huskies, striking out seven and allowing just one run on three hits in five innings, while Tim Cate actually entered the game and tossed two shutout frames (allowed four hits). With the win, Connecticut is up to 21 in the RPI with a 14-10 league mark and an 11-7 record vs. RPI Top 50.<<

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Thank you for that. I guess I read the CR board too much.
Also Buddy, playing in the Northeast can be murder on a program. Because of weather these guys spend the first half of the year on the road. These kids have a lot of nuts! Big couple weeks coming up.

Reaction Score
Did i miss something? Is Prato ok? Just saw box score and Hague played second game. Thats got to be like his second start of season in what was a huge game.

Reaction Score
Did i miss something? Is Prato ok? Just saw box score and Hague played second game. Thats got to be like his second start of season in what was a huge game.

Prato’s been nursing a left lower arm/hand injury and aggravated it in first game of double header. They wanted to rest him second game w/ Tourney coming up.

Reaction Score
I actually think you can say the same about football. I feel the AAC is better as well. Problem is if you only read the basketball board you would think that is the only sport played at UConn. I've always been of the mindset that if you're a UConn alum you are a fan of all sports not just one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom