Final US National Team announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final US National Team announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Isn't is she who can't be named over and over and over and over and over and over.?

Right?! And I thought that after I quit talking about her that her name would not be mentioned anymore, but it turned out that I was not the only one talking about her.

Reaction Score
The committee is setting themselves up for even more sniping. So if you are "their favorite", you apparently don't have to show up to tryouts. You just get on the team. Why exactly did Diana show up to the tryouts? She could have rested her body.
I do understand the situation with the eye and medical limits on travel - but what the committee did makes a sham of tryouts
I think the committee has seen DT and Griner play enough that they can take into consideration some extenuating circumstances. Although, I would be a bit peeved as a player having gone through the camps, tryouts and games then get cut because some player shows up at the last minute. Just the nature of the timing of the games and the WNBA season.

Reaction Score
First four-time World team member. But Teresa Edwards played in five Olympics, and Lisa Leslie played in four Olympics for Team USA.

I doubt if Sue goes past the 2016 games. I think they will be her last, she'll be 35 then.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Special congrats to Sue, a 4-time team member and 10-time (and counting) FIBA gold medalist. She's going to Istanbul, then Rio, then Springfield.

I would suggest an extended stay in Storrs (coaching for her alma mater) in between Rio and Springfield.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, Eric. I am pretty perceptive, especially when a Mod explains it to me in very specific terms.

;)
LOL. Solid!

Just to be clear, OMG! Griner is on the US National Team! woohoo!!! (cue happy dance...)...
HAPPY_FEET_3810228.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The committee is setting themselves up for even more sniping. So if you are "their favorite", you apparently don't have to show up to tryouts. You just get on the team. Why exactly did Diana show up to the tryouts? She could have rested her body. I do understand the situation with the eye and medical limits on travel - but what the committee did makes a sham of tryouts

Heavens no, not sniping! BTW, a player becomes a "favorite" by being one of the best 2 or 3 players on the planet. No one worth listening to is going to snipe because you put Taurasi and Griner on the team.

Reaction Score
The committee is setting themselves up for even more sniping. So if you are "their favorite", you apparently don't have to show up to tryouts. You just get on the team. Why exactly did Diana show up to the tryouts? She could have rested her body.
I do understand the situation with the eye and medical limits on travel - but what the committee did makes a sham of tryouts
So if the "favorite" who this team, which struggled due to lack of a dominant post presence, saved a spot for is a 6'8" center and WNBA defensive player of the year, then let 'em snipe

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would suggest an extended stay in Storrs (coaching for her alma mater) in between Rio and Springfield.
I totally agree. Sue says Storrs is too small a town for her, though.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Right?! And I thought that after I quit talking about her that her name would not be mentioned anymore, but it turned out that I was not the only one talking about her.

Isn't is she who can't be named over and over and over and over and over and over.?

Did not realize there was a Mrs. Voldemort...

Reaction Score
Bird, Whalen, Sims
Dee, Siemone
Maya, Angel
Nneka, Candace, Stewie
Charles, Griner

Not the all around best (missing Parker, Fowles, Delle Donne, Catch) but a great experience for the newbies (Sims, Nneka, Stewie and Griner) for sure...

I believe the names I listed first will be the starters. Pretty freaky to think potentially 4 of the 5 starters could be UCONN payers. Cue the orange crush now...

Based on the NBA seasons, I see the starters as...

Whalen, Bird, Sims
Dee, Siemone
Maya, Angel
Candace, Nneka, Stewie
Charles, Griner

I have to say that I love Whalen. I think that she is the most dynamic veteran PG in the WNBA. I can also see Griner and Charles playing together at times since Charles has such a great mid game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Based on the NBA seasons, I see the starters as...

Whalen, Bird, Sims
Dee, Siemone
Maya, Angel
Candace, Nneka, Stewie
Charles, Griner

I have to say that I love Whalen. I think that she is the most dynamic veteran PG in the WNBA. I can also see Griner and Charles playing together at times since Charles has such a great mid game.

Based on the NBA season, I am really surprised that you left out Durant and LeBron. :p

Reaction Score
. . . Just to be clear, OMG! Griner is on the US National Team! woohoo!!! . . .

I am relieved that BG is now with the team.

I think the fat lady can begin warming up her vocal cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom