Final top 25 | The Boneyard

Final top 25

Reaction Score
My picks based on tournament AND season. And for those who think final 25s are pointless, I agree and your objection is noted.

1. Baylor
  2. ND
  3. Oregon -- if Cox didnt get injured the Ducks wouldve been the team that came closest to Bay down the stretch
  4. UConn
  5. Louisville
  6. Miss St
  7. Stanford
  8. Iowa
  9. NC St
  10. Tx A&M
  11. So Carolina
  12. Maryland
  13. Oregon St
  14. Ariz St
  15. Syracuse
  16. UCLA
  17. Iowa St
  18. Miami
  19. Marquette
  20. Gonzaga
  21. So Dakota St
  22. Missouri St
  23. Fla St
  24. Kentucky
  25. Buffalo

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCLA 16th, but Maryland 12th? Didn't UCLA take out Maryland and push the #4 team (us) to the max? I'd put them Top 10.

And should Buffalo be higher? They were good.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA 16th, but Maryland 12th? Didn't UCLA take out Maryland and push the #4 team (us) to the max? I'd put them Top 10.

And should Buffalo be higher? They were good.

UCLA is hard to evaluate. The record isn't all that good but they were clearly better at the end of the year than they were at the beginning.

I would put Oregon St. above South Carolina. They stumbled down the stretch, but they beat South Carolina head to head on a neutral court and had a better record. Both got to the Sweet 16 and SC lost by a wider margin than OSU did. I see no reason why South Carolina should be ahead of the Beavs.

Reaction Score
UCLA is hard to evaluate. The record isn't all that good but they were clearly better at the end of the year than they were at the beginning.

I would put Oregon St. above South Carolina. They stumbled down the stretch, but they beat South Carolina head to head on a neutral court and had a better record. Both got to the Sweet 16 and SC lost by a wider margin than OSU did. I see no reason why South Carolina should be ahead of the Beavs.

JMHO
OSU was not good in the tourney -- couldve/shouldve lost to Boise and Gonzaga.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
JMHO
OSU was not good in the tourney -- couldve/shouldve lost to Boise and Gonzaga.

South Carolina was unimpressive against Florida S. and got absolutely curb stomped by Baylor. I realize it's just an opinion and everybody has one. I just never saw it with South Carolina this year. Lost to almost all of the good teams they played, and most of the losses were lopsided.

Reaction Score
got absolutely curb stomped by Baylor. .

true, but losing to Lou, which lost to UConn , which lost to ND, which lost to Bay is not much of a comparison

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
My picks based on tournament AND season. And for those who think final 25s are pointless, I agree and your objection is noted.

1. Baylor
  2. ND
  3. Oregon -- if Cox didnt get injured the Ducks wouldve been the team that come closest to Bay down the stretch
  4. UConn
  5. Louisville
  6. Miss St
  7. Stanford
  8. Iowa
  9. NC St
  10. Tx A&M
  11. So Carolina
  12. Maryland
  13. Oregon St
  14. Ariz St
  15. Syracuse
  16. UCLA
  17. Iowa St
  18. Miami
  19. Marquette
  20. Gonzaga
  21. So Dakota St
  22. Missouri St
  23. Fla St
  24. Kentucky
  25. Buffalo

Nice work. I'd flip Mississippi State and Louisville. SC at 11 and Maryland at 12 seem high. UCLA at 16 is low...they had UCONN on the ropes in Albany.

Reaction Score
South Carolina was unimpressive against Florida S. and got absolutely curb stomped by Baylor. I realize it's just an opinion and everybody has one. I just never saw it with South Carolina this year. Lost to almost all of the good teams they played, and most of the losses were lopsided.
Ditto. Would have put S Carolina 15 at best.

Reaction Score

SC was still getting rep credit for their NC two seasons ago. Oregon St did not play that well their last four games, but that never seemed that much of a problem when it came to some other teams. Still Oregon St did not play well enough to complain that much in respect to their ranking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom