Final Thought...Anyone Else PUKE at Doris Burke's love affair with ND?? | The Boneyard

Final Thought...Anyone Else PUKE at Doris Burke's love affair with ND??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My god, I thought she was going to propose to Diggins right on the court.

Are there no better color commentators for the Women's games??

Even my wife, who rarely watches college ball, was going "what is wrong with that woman'??

Reaction Score
It was so blatant that I really think that she was trying too hard to prove that she didn't have a pro-UConn bias.

Sadly, all she accomplished was getting many here to adopt an anti-Doris bias.

Reaction Score
I rarely pay attention to the announcers, just watch the game. Therefor no annoyance. But tonight I muted Doris a few times and I absolutely HATED her call of the game. She infuriated me with her 'hurrahs' every time ND scored. She had nothing good to say about Uconn for most of the game and I hope I never have to hear her call a close game for us again.

Reaction Score
Lol I was thinking the same thing...I guess the basketball world is sick if hearing about uconn so anytime u can talk about a some other player she will...but uconn isn't going away .....

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that she was like the boy who cried wolf. She kept complaining about calls that went UConn's way where she was frankly wrong (or at least they were debatable) and then when there was a legitimately terrible call that went UConn's way (a make-up call, after Diggins drew a charge that she laughably agreed with), she shrugged it off with a "well it's tough to tell from here". She had already played that card too many times.

Reaction Score
I rarely pay attention to the announcers, just watch the game. Therefor no annoyance. But tonight I muted Doris a few times and I absolutely HATED her call of the game. She infuriated me with her 'hurrahs' every time ND scored. She had nothing good to say about Uconn for most of the game and I hope I never have to hear her call a close game for us again.
well, yeah, exactly.
(love your aircraft, btw: "see tank, kill tank!!!!")

I thought UConn mostly played good ball, maybe up to 80% of the game.

Reaction Score
B$tch, B$itch, Moan, Groan. that is all i hear you cranky people say about every announcer you have to listen to more than a few times. The only reason you like new announcers is because they havent had to call the same games, the same team, hundreds of times. Be lucky you get to see the same games, the same team, hundreds of times. Spoiled fans? Maybe.

I know its your opinion. This is my opinion.

Great year for the Huskies. Ended up being a tough team of kids.

Reaction Score
Probably why the subject title was what is was, eh??

just a wild guess on my part.

Reaction Score
My god, I thought she was going to propose to Diggins right on the court.

Are there no better color commentators for the Women's games??

Even my wife, who rarely watches college ball, was going "what is wrong with that woman'??
You took the post right out from under me. The only positive from this game is that I won't be listening to Doris Burke for a long time. I refuse to listen at all if UConn isn't playing. Wish I was a Nielsen house.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Just mute it, I'm telling ya, it makes the game so much more interesting...even when we lose. Or maybe especially...

Reaction Score
Just mute it, I'm telling ya, it makes the game so much more interesting...even when we lose. Or maybe especially...
Some games I watch I play steam the audio from the team I'm interested in and watch the video....

Reaction Score
It's simple, guys. Around 95% of non-homer announcers pimp for the team they think is going to win. If Doris thought UConn was going to win, she would've pimped for UConn all through the game.

By the way - this little secret works for men's basketball broadcasters too. They're closet cheerleaders.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I also never really let announcers bother me. Its a waste of emotional energy. What I didn't like about DB tonight was when she callled out Stefanie as immature for being shocked about that 4th foul. Was she correct? yes. But keep that to yourself. Don't air it like that on national TV.

Reaction Score
It's still better than the predictable commentary from "The Coach" (only Championship coach without a job coaching) which is always through the lens of "big girls". If both teams ever run a five guard office she would have nothing to say. She may even go "Tilt" on set.

Reaction Score
It's simple, guys. Around 95% of non-homer announcers pimp for the team they think is going to win. If Doris thought UConn was going to win, she would've pimped for UConn all through the game.

By the way - this little secret works for men's basketball broadcasters too. They're closet cheerleaders.

ND fans complained non-stop last year about how she called the F4 game and had a pro-UConn/Moore bias. Announcers can't win with any fans when there is that much on the line.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
ND fans complained non-stop last year about how she called the F4 game and had a pro-UConn/Moore bias. Announcers can't win with any fans when there is that much on the line.

X______________________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger