Final practice facility budget set | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final practice facility budget set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not necessarily a recruiting advantage over other top programs, but it has been something that's been used against us on the recruiting trail (not having one). I think having a top 5 facility in the country will give us a big bump on the recruiting trail next year. It certainly gives us an advantage over every program in the Big Least.

It will be impossible to tell the impact, but it can't hurt. When people ask a player what he is looking for in a school I have never seen them list practice facility as one of the top things. I'm hoping it will provide an actual on court advantage and help with academics.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It will be impossible to tell the impact, but it can't hurt. When people ask a player what he is looking for in a school I have never seen them list practice facility as one of the top things. I'm hoping it will provide an actual on court advantage and help with academics.

Really? I see that all the time. Though it's usually called something more general ('facilities' or whatever). Kids love to see the big weight room (Alabama/MD), and all the space and money spent on sports. Maybe it makes them feel important. They love the hype. It's got to be good to walk up to a veritable palace every day (or imagine doing so -> for recruiting purposes).

Major D1 athletes spend more of their waking hours in the practice facilities than other single place I'd imagine. Many of them are in there all the time. Especially if academic tutoring facilities are part of it.

Also, you'd be surprised at what gets kids pumped these days. The big thing now is uniform unveiling. Whole college football teams go to auditoriums and the new unis are rolled out in front of them. They all go nuts. Doesn't take much to impress I guess.

Ohio U

UTenn

(can't embed with right start time, so I just posted the link to spare the non relevant part)

Reaction Score
Really? I see that all the time. Though it's usually called something more general ('facilities' or whatever). Kids love to see the big weight room (Alabama/MD), and all the space and money spent on sports. Maybe it makes them feel important. They love the hype. It's got to be good to walk up to a veritable palace every day (or imagine doing so -> for recruiting purposes).

Major D1 athletes spend more of their waking hours in the practice facilities than other single place I'd imagine. Many of them are in there all the time. Especially if academic tutoring facilities are part of it.

Also, you'd be surprised at what gets kids pumped these days. The big thing now is uniform unveiling. Whole college football teams go to auditoriums and the new unis are rolled out in front of them. They all go nuts. Doesn't take much to impress I guess.

Ohio U

UTenn

(can't embed with right start time, so I just posted the link to spare the non relevant part)

Football players will say it after a visit if asked "what did you like about the visit". Can also not compare basketball players to football players. Completely different. I have not seen or heard a basketball player when asked at an AAU event say facilities in their top 3-4. when asked "what is the most important thing you are looking for in a school". They almost always say relationship with a coach/ staff, history of the school with getting kids to the next level, proximity to home, atmosphere of games/ fanbase, and a couple other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom