Final Game Week: UConn @ Temple (11/30/19 @ 3:30 on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Game Week: UConn @ Temple (11/30/19 @ 3:30 on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We’ll learn something Saturday night about the state of mind of our Edsall 2.0 football team and the culture he’s been trying to instill. Temple is already bowl eligible at 7-4. They can’t win the AAC East. It’s likely there won’t be a big crowd at the Link. Temps will be in the mid 30’s.
Talent and depth notwithstanding, who will want it more? Will the mindset of our players be to “get the game over, get out of town and end the misery“—or fight harder than anyone might expect? If we fall behind early will we simply capitulate, or play above our heads and shock the assembled few. Several years ago in a bitterly cold and empty stadium in Phila, we fell behind 21-0 at the half. With TJ Weist on the sideline in short sleeves (and Casey Cochran at the controls) we refused to capitulate. We fought back incredibly hard and won the game. Tomorrow night I want to see if that level of effort and commitment is in this team. I’m thinking they have something to prove to themselves. I’m betting they do. Go Huskies!
Hope you're not betting more than you can afford to lose.

Reaction Score
>>Cornerback Myles Bell will miss the game after undergoing ACL surgery, while running back Art Thompkins (knee), safeties Tyler Coyle (shoulder) and Diamond Harrell (clavicle) and cornerbacks Tahj Herring-Wilson (head) and Jeremy Lucien (head) all left last weekend’s game with injuries. Edsall said many of those players would be “game-time decisions” Saturday.<<

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman7m
UConn injury report:
On field, in pads: Tyler Coyle (shoulder), Art Thompkins (knee)
Not on field: Jeremy Lucien (head), Diamond Harrell (clavicle), Tahj Herring-Wilson (head), Nino Leone (ankle)

Reaction Score

Really??? He had 6 carries for 20yds (including and 11yd run), the TEAM lost it’s 19th straight conference game and he’s posting this. This is exactly what’s wrong with this team. It’s more ME then WE!!!

Reaction Score
Really??? He had 6 carries for 20yds (including and 11yd run), the TEAM lost it’s 19th straight conference game and he’s posting this. This is exactly what’s wrong with this team. It’s more ME then WE!!!
He’s only the second UConn RB w/ back to back 1000 yd season AND he thanked his coaches and teammates. Bit of a reach w/ the outrage IMO.

BTW - He got dinged up today and that’s why his touches were limited as the game went on.

Reaction Score
He’s only the second UConn RB w/ back to back 1000 yd season AND he thanked his coaches and teammates. Bit of a reach w/ the outrage IMO.

BTW - He got dinged up today and that’s why his touches were limited as the game went on.
We’ll agree to disagree. I don’t like it. If he posted it in a day or two, okay. But right after your team got smoked, I don’t like it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
couldn't disagree more with your take on this at this point of the season
the young man was banged up so he saw very limited action plus he paid tribute to his coaches and team members
no way was this a ME moment
Congrats Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member