Final Game Week: UConn @ Temple (11/30/19 @ 3:30 on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Final Game Week: UConn @ Temple (11/30/19 @ 3:30 on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll predict we play well and give 'em a fight. Last AAC game, hey why not? Let the young players play and leave it all out there.
We can only hope so! I liked what I saw on Saturday from them. They got porked on a few HORRIBLE calls. Zergiotis is still a turnover machine. Sad to think there's only one game left.

Reaction Score
Temple’s Ron Carey on the weekly AAC Coaches’ Teleconference:

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall on the final weekly AAC Coaches’ Teleconference:

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 1m
UConn FB coach Randy Edsall apologizes to seniors on video staff, equipment staff and sports medicine staff for not honoring them on senior day last week.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1m
"Temple is a very good football team. Defensively they are very experienced, tough." - HC Randy Edsall #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 23s
"It will be a game-time decision on some of the guys that got banged up. I'm excited & anxious to see how the younger guys step in, if needed. If we recruited right, they'll go in and compete." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 48s
Edsall excited to see some young DBs play this week: “If you recruited the right type of guys, they’ll go in there and compete.”

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 13s
"Rob King is a smart football player, he understands the game. He's gone in and done a good job." - Edsall on King, who had 10-tackles on Saturday #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 16s
Edsall on #UConnFootball improvements this year: "I see improvements across the board. We are better throwing the ball. We are better running. Defensively we've cut down on the number of missed tackles. Haven't given up as many points."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Edsall on his team's improvement this season: "There’s improvement in every area. Is it where I want it to be? No. The good thing is we’re trending in the right direction."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Edsall on the AAC: "I just think it’s a very good league. I think there’s really good players in this league and really good coaches. I don’t think this league gets the respect that it deserves and I don’t know if it ever will because of the way things are set up."

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 38s
Edsall on the American Conf: “I think it’s a much better football conference than people give it credit for.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall discusses safety Rob King III @ today's press conference:

Reaction Score
Need to see Steven Krajewski out there throwing the ball and not just handing it off against the Temple first team.

Reaction Score
Need to see Steven Krajewski out there throwing the ball and not just handing it off against the Temple first team.
After the UCF game Randy said he would be the starter for the rest of the season. I give Steven Krajewski a lot of credit for coming back as fast as he did. He’s earned the right to play, if not start, against Temple.

Randy’s new excuse not to play him is, “He hadn’t practiced for how many weeks?”
As reported by Putterman, Steven Krajewski was on the field throwing three weeks after his surgery. He was then cleared to play In less than seven weeks. Steven Krajewski has a lot more talent, character, heart and the “it factor” than Randy knows. Good luck Huskies and let’s get the win and go out in style!

Reaction Score
This should be an absolute beat down.
Maybe. Temple has trouble scoring. They appear to have only one wide receiver that can catch. They run the ball well and have a very good defense. This might be like a 31 to 3 type scoring game. Of course, I hoping for more out of our offense.

Reaction Score
We’ll learn something Saturday night about the state of mind of our Edsall 2.0 football team and the culture he’s been trying to instill. Temple is already bowl eligible at 7-4. They can’t win the AAC East. It’s likely there won’t be a big crowd at the Link. Temps will be in the mid 30’s.
Talent and depth notwithstanding, who will want it more? Will the mindset of our players be to “get the game over, get out of town and end the misery“—or fight harder than anyone might expect? If we fall behind early will we simply capitulate, or play above our heads and shock the assembled few. Several years ago in a bitterly cold and empty stadium in Phila, we fell behind 21-0 at the half. With TJ Weist on the sideline in short sleeves (and Casey Cochran at the controls) we refused to capitulate. We fought back incredibly hard and won the game. Tomorrow night I want to see if that level of effort and commitment is in this team. I’m thinking they have something to prove to themselves. I’m betting they do. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
We’ll learn something Saturday night about the state of mind of our Edsall 2.0 football team and the culture he’s been trying to instill. Temple is already bowl eligible at 7-4. They can’t win the AAC East. It’s likely there won’t be a big crowd at the Link. Temps will be in the mid 30’s.
Talent and depth notwithstanding, who will want it more? Will the mindset of our players be to “get the game over, get out of town and end the misery“—or fight harder than anyone might expect? If we fall behind early will we simply capitulate, or play above our heads and shock the assembled few. Several years ago in a bitterly cold and empty stadium in Phila, we fell behind 21-0 at the half. With TJ Weist on the sideline in short sleeves (and Casey Cochran at the controls) we refused to capitulate. We fought back incredibly hard and won the game. Tomorrow night I want to see if that level of effort and commitment is in this team. I’m thinking they have something to prove to themselves. I’m betting they do. Go Huskies!

Not sure I completely concur with your final conclusion, but either way we will find out on Saturday. I hope you are right and we see the same fight we saw last week.

Reaction Score

>>Barring an injury, Mensah will almost certainly hit a major milestone Saturday. He enters the game with 993 rushing yards on the season, leaving him just shy of becoming the second player in program history to have multiple 1,000-yard season.<<

>>Cornerback Myles Bell will miss the game after undergoing ACL surgery, while running back Art Thompkins (knee), safeties Tyler Coyle (shoulder) and Diamond Harrell (clavicle) and cornerbacks Tahj Herring-Wilson (head) and Jeremy Lucien (head) all left last weekend’s game with injuries. Edsall said many of those players would be “game-time decisions” Saturday.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom