Final Game Week - UConn @ Cincinnati (11/25/17 @ Noon on ESPNews) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Game Week - UConn @ Cincinnati (11/25/17 @ Noon on ESPNews)

Reaction Score
This is a very very important game. If the Huskies throw in a stinker on Saturday, that will have a very chilling effect on ticket sales next year. A win would show that the trajectory has turned upward again. The narrative for sales will be MUCH different.

These end of season games, particularly on the road at the conclusion of a losing season can be disastrous blowouts if the players take the field unmotivated and unfocused. UMass walloped us 62-20 or something like that at the end of our last season in 1AA. Cincy blew us out 41-0 the last week of 2014 but they were good that year and as usual we weren't.

This is a Cincinnati team we can beat, even at Nippert. Hopefully the team is motivated to go out on a winning note. If not then we will have to wait until the spring game for our next signs of hope.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We should rarely ever lose to Cincinnati. I expect even RE2 will win 4 out 5 once he gets a couple of recruiting cycles under his belt.
Tuberville was fired because we lost to UConn, something we rarely ever do.

Reaction Score
3 wins versus 4 wins after season long narrative of lack of speed/strength/depth will have negligible impact on season ticket sales next year... a win over a 3-8 (1-6) team won’t move the needle.
Well, if BYers were the only people buying tix I would agree. But the vast majority of the market only sees the W-L and if the Huskies get the last W, the narrative will be that the program has bottomed out and headed back up. And with some justification, actually. All the fan base wants to see is a competitive team and enough Ws to be respectable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, if BYers were the only people buying tix I would agree. But the vast majority of the market only sees the W-L and if the Huskies get the last W, the narrative will be that the program has bottomed out and headed back up. And with some justification, actually. All the fan base wants to see is a competitive team and enough Ws to be respectable.

Literally no one but the Boneyard is paying attention.

They could win or lose 80-0 and nobody will remember by Sunday afternoon.

Reaction Score
No attack her RSTuthill but one has to wonder where you get your theory on something like this. :)
There are those like myself that will be at every game next year with our group of four but there are those that simply have given up. The dollar has gotten tighter for the middle class and there has to be more justification on how it is spent. You say the fan base only wants to see a competitive team and I agree but with the caveat of also having a competitive schedule. We lost that with CR and it is showing in ticket sales....
I am not one to be negative as I want nothing more than this program to reach heights of being in a major bowl picture every year. Having said that I do not predict great seasons ticket sales next year, win or lose to Cincy.....Not much here to excite the non die-hards.

2018 UConn Huskies Football Schedule

Reaction Score
Well, the rationale is simple. How effective it might be is anyone's guess. But an 0-80 loss in Cinci would be a disaster. And probably makes it that much more likely that UConn is one year closer to taking a step back to FCS.

What worries me is that out of the blue Jacobs just wrote a column about taking WBB and FH to another conference as single sports. What do you think happens to all the other sports if that happens? I can tell you this: continuing the financial loses of FBS football for very long is not gonna be an option.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, the rationale is simple. How effective it might be is anyone's guess. But an 0-80 loss in Cinci would be a disaster. And probably makes it that much more likely that UConn is one year closer to taking a step back to FCS.

What worries me is that out of the blue Jacobs just wrote a column about taking WBB and FH to another conference as single sports. What do you think happens to all the other sports if that happens? I can tell you this: continuing the financial loses of FBS football for very long is not gonna be an option.

Things are going to get ugly in the long run with the budget. What the score is Saturday does not matter. Most people stopped paying attention 3-5 years ago.

Reaction Score

Delusion.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Things are going to get ugly in the long run with the budget. What the score is Saturday does not matter. Most people stopped paying attention 3-5 years ago.

This is the truth but few care to listen to it

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Buying season tickets just makes no financial sense anymore. I can get tix on stubhub for 5 bucks, why buy them at face value?
I view my season ticket purchase as a donation to UCONN and an investment in the football program. I live outside of Boston, have 3 young kids, and a wife who notices when I'm not doing my weekend chores. I only hit 2 or 3 games a season. But I'll keep buying season tickets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom