Final Four Sleepers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Four Sleepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I like Xavier for their depth and experience
W. Virginia and Baylor could make noise based on their athleticism but both get out of control
MSU could if they play as a team and Valentine stays healthy

Reaction Score
I'm going to throw LSU in the mix. Although there is no guarantee they even get into the field, I would not be shocked if Ben Simmons leads this team on a run much like Dwayne Wade did with Marquette back in 2003.

I am not sure that LSU really wants to get to the Final 4 with Simmons. Based on several comments and actions to date, I would not be surprised that at some point it comes out that Simmons blew his eligibility due to academics and/or money and LSU gets the entire season wiped-out.

Of course, if he was at Kentucky...

Reaction Score
Does Kentucky count as a sleeper? If it does I'll add them. Ulis might be my favorite player in college bball. Murray is crazy good. They're backcourt is stacked but can their front court keep up?

Reaction Score
I like Xavier for their depth and experience
W. Virginia and Baylor could make noise based on their athleticism but both get out of control
MSU could if they play as a team and Valentine stays healthy

Xavier really only goes 7 deep with a Freshman PG. They start 1 senior who isn't in the top 5 in scoring if not mistaken. Basically they are a pretty young team with average depth at best. No? The 2 Juniors and Soph are all solid though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly don't watch much college other than uconn , but I haven't seen a ton of really really elite defensive teams that can get buckets when it counts. I like Baylor a lot tuned into them thanks to johnthan tjarks a great writer for realgm, but I've been super into prince since the pan am games . I like Indiana a bunch but that's it.

Just gotta wait and see who really gets hot these next weeks in the kenpom top 30.

Reaction Score
Virgina Cavaliers

Don't get the rave about Virginia. They are a bunch of softies. With the exception of Brogdon, they have nobody. Brogdon is a 1st/2nd team AA but the rest of his team is crap. They'll only go after far as Brogdon will take them.

Reaction Score
Don't know how xavier at top 10 team and Miami who was top 10 and now 12 count as sleepers.

And uva has been top 5-10 all year

You don't hear many people talking up Miami even though they have been in the top 25 all season.

Reaction Score
Does Kentucky count as a sleeper? If it does I'll add them. Ulis might be my favorite player in college bball. Murray is crazy good. They're backcourt is stacked but can their front court keep up?
Their frontcourt just has to be good just look at us in 11 and 14. Now i think UK could make a similar run but the only problem i see with them making that type of run is their coach somewhere along the line is going to make a bad decision to cost them a game. Lets be honest JC is an all time great and he made it happen with the best player in the country KW and KO with the help of Bazz seemed to just inspire and will that team to victory. I think Ulis has the ability to do what KW and Bazz did but like i said i dont trust Squid.

Reaction Score
LSU is one of the worst coached teams in the nation AND....

Ben Simmons has been one of the most disappointing players this year!

First part went so well but then you went completely off the rails. :confused:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I've seen Cal play a bunch, including a couple times in person - I live about a mile from campus.
My old stompin grounds. Right next to Rockridge station!!! Go Bears.

Reaction Score

Second statement fell off the rails??

Please answer me these questions if that is the case....

1. When was the last time the best player in college didn't make the NCAA tournament?

2. Did LSU have a better record last year without Ben Simmons?

3. If we go ask Ben Simmons today if his season has been a disappointment, what would he say? LOL, of course, silly goose.

Guy doesn't start on Saturday because he broke school policy, they've lost 4 games in a row and they are the laughing joke of college basketball.

Remember this is not Baseball or Football, only 5 players play at a time on the court, which equals the best player in college and the NBA is usually in the championship/or one of the final 16 and in the NBA they are at least usually in the finals or conf finals if not winning it all.

#get your game up!!

Reaction Score

Virgina Cavaliers
I started this thread with Final Four Sleepers....

What have I gotten....

Virginia
Kentucky
Xavier
Miami

All teams who are in the top 16!

At least someone gave Texas, which is 25, but ill take it.

I gave you Cal and Wichita St., lol.

C'mon guys, sleepers, not favorites.

#TurnItUp

Reaction Score
Second statement fell off the rails??

Please answer me these questions if that is the case....

1. When was the last time the best player in college didn't make the NCAA tournament?

2. Did LSU have a better record last year without Ben Simmons?

3. If we go ask Ben Simmons today if his season has been a disappointment, what would he say? LOL, of course, silly goose.

Guy doesn't start on Saturday because he broke school policy, they've lost 4 games in a row and they are the laughing joke of college basketball.

Remember this is not Baseball or Football, only 5 players play at a time on the court, which equals the best player in college and the NBA is usually in the championship/or one of the final 16 and in the NBA they are at least usually in the finals or conf finals if not winning it all.

#get your game up!!
What in the world...

Reaction Score
You don't hear many people talking up Miami even though they have been in the top 25 all season.
watched Miami play UVA monday night. They run pretty much the same offense as uconn, but with much better picks and screens (they actually hold them) and a big that can finish the pick and roll. But they get sloppy and when they most need discipline, they lose it. Love Jim Larranaga though.

Reaction Score
watched Miami play UVA monday night. They run pretty much the same offense as uconn, but with much better picks and screens (they actually hold them) and a big that can finish the pick and roll. But they get sloppy and when they most need discipline, they lose it. Love Jim Larranaga though.
Agreed, very spot on analysis.

Reaction Score
Same dude who thinks Jaylen Brown is a surefire star, so...
Sure fire top 5 pick.

I believe future all star talent, do I know the guy, NO, so I don't know his work ethic and how great he wants to be, but he does have the talent to be elite.

Only players I would pick ahead of him in this draft are....

Ben Simmons
Brandon Ingram
Kris Dunn

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
There are no great teams this year so I don't see what's wrong with picking Virginia. Are they dominant?
Want me to say Saint Bonaventure

Reaction Score
Wichita State and Arizona. I know Arizona is up there in the polls, but there hasn't been much chatter about them. They're front court with Anderson (BC transfer) and Tark is among the best in the country and now they have Trier back.

And UConn, obviously.

Reaction Score
For me it's Texas. Elite PG in Taylor. Great outside shooters in Felix and Lammert. And a decent big man Ridley. Right now they're beating some pretty good teams without Ridley. I would not be surprised to see them in the Final Four even though I'm still going with Oklahoma, Kansas, Xavier, and West Virginia.
I really like them and not just for all the RPI. Watching them it's hard not see a little 2011 or 2014 Huskies in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom