Final Four info | The Boneyard

Final Four info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After years of talking about it, my wife and I are finally heading to the FF and have booked Nashville hotel and flight. No jinxing our fine women-let's just say I'm hoping to see our Huskies there!! Looking for advice from those of you who have been to the FF before. What kinds of things are there to do besides the 3 games? What time does the McDonald's All-Star game go off? Are there any decent shots of being around the team during those few days? Thanks for any and all input-
Need Number Nine in Nashville!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I've been in Bridgestone arena for SEC tournament games. It's a nice arena.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Stwain -- is the area foot/comuter friendly, or should one get a car (depending on how far you out your hotel is...)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Stwain -- is the area foot/comuter friendly, or should one get a car (depending on how far you out your hotel is...)
It depends on how far the hotel is. There are some city buses also. The car is up to you. The downtown part does have some hotels. Some of them like the Hilton are close by a bit expensive.

Reaction Score
I've been in Bridgestone arena for SEC tournament games. It's a nice arena.
Are the seats in the upper level good, or are they much better on the lower level?
I guess what I'm asking is, are they as bad as the XL center on the 2nd level, or as good as Gample?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
0314_KCSP_UTMen13_atb_t607.jpg
Are the seats in the upper level good, or are they much better on the lower level?
I guess what I'm asking is, are they as bad as the XL center on the 2nd level, or as good as Gample?
I have not been in XL or Gample.
Here is a photo from Bridgestone.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In the game I was at a couple of years ago. I was in the second level on the corner of the court. I had a pretty good view from where I was.

Reaction Score
After years of talking about it, my wife and I are finally heading to the FF and have booked Nashville hotel and flight. No jinxing our fine women-let's just say I'm hoping to see our Huskies there!! Looking for advice from those of you who have been to the FF before. What kinds of things are there to do besides the 3 games? What time does the McDonald's All-Star game go off? Are there any decent shots of being around the team during those few days? Thanks for any and all input-
Need Number Nine in Nashville!

Here's a tip: if you plan on buying any UConn souvenirs (hats, t-shirts, etc.) make that your first priority when you arrive. The vendors seem to stock equal amounts of these items for each of the final four teams. And because there are so many more UConn fans there than fans of the other teams, all the UConn stuff is gobbled up quickly. If you take the time to look around first, you'll end up with nothing.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It also depends on which teams are in Nashville. If Tennessee makes it there will be a home advantage. I am sure UConn would have a good amount of fans. I think those teams would travel the best too Nashville.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
There are usually open practices on Saturday AM followed by the WBCA game later that day. There will usually be another place set up with a somewhat "NCAA experience" for vendors and fans. Good times.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that the organizing committee usually has hotel packages and tickets available by now. Are they delayed this year or am I just over anxious. I am also planning to attend this year. I have never been to Nashville and it is on my bucket list.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If there are any country music fans here. Nashville is a great place to find some.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Spent some time at " The Stage" in February. Good times!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg