Final Four Games UH/Baylor & Gonzaga/UCLA | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Final Four Games UH/Baylor & Gonzaga/UCLA

Reaction Score
Damn right. Plus UCLA is easier to get recruits. Great location, great history and basketball relevance, and lots of hot women. That is an easy sell
Easiest sell in college basketball. If I was a 5* recruit and not a diehard UConn fan, UCLA would be my dream school

Reaction Score
i mean, the 2004 team averaged 40% from 3, so forget that gonzaga 3's talk jibberjabber. of course, they also blocked almost every shot, and the ones they didn't, they just grabbed every rebound. every rebound. (i counted).
2003-04 UConn Huskies Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com (sports-reference.com)
timmy and the gonzos would get pounded.
I said earlier the 04 team would beat this Gonzaga team by 15 and I am sticking to it. Emeka would make Timme look like an inbred moron lol

Reaction Score
@kobe is still going to be hurting. Every stud player in California watched that game and this run. Mick is going to be recruiting like crazy there.

The decade of Mick is upon us. I'm serious. Look at his career record, it's outstanding and now he'll have the talent. He's only 49 years old.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again, you're wrong. Timme scored 25 points on 15 shots tonight with a couple assists and no turnovers. 144 ORTG.
Because UCLA switched every screen and it ended up with Timme being guarded by 6’7” guys the entire time. You think Calhoun would have let handle bars get free of Emeka?? Use your brain

Reaction Score
Because UCLA switched every screen and it ended up with Timme being guarded by 6’7” guys the entire time. You think Calhoun would have let handle bars get free of Emeka?? Use your brain
Okay. Then you don't switch and Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs rain 3s on you and/or live in the paint off pump fake drives. You think Josh Boone is guarding Kispert on the perimeter?

Reaction Score

What's your issue with Timme? Kind of a weird time to be knocking him. Imbred moron? seriously?

Reaction Score
Okay. Then you don't switch and Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs rain 3s on you and/or live in the paint off pump fake drives. You think Josh Boone is guarding Kispert on the perimeter?
That UConn team could guard anyone when they needed to.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That draft is ridiculous, HSers and foreigners that washed out all over the place.
ur kidding, right?
dwight howard and andre iguodala are still hanging around, and a list filled with luol deng, j.r. smith, devin harris, al jefferson, josh smith, jameer nelson and a bunch of others begs to differ. in fact, a lot of guys from that draft had 10+ year careers. ben and meka did pretty good, too.

Reaction Score

is the argument that the ‘04 team wouldn’t be able to play with this Gonzaga team that just went to OT with an 11 seed that had to win a play in game.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I don't really get the Cronin hate. We had our share of wins against him. He definitely got the best of us as our program decayed into mid-major-minus basketball. Other than that we did fine.

To me he's just some ill-behaved @hole screaming for the other team. Not all that much different than the ill-behaved @hole on our sideline screaming for our team.

Reaction Score
is the argument that the ‘04 team wouldn’t be able to play with this Gonzaga team that just went to OT with an 11 seed that had to win a play in game.
The poster said the UConn team would win by 15, twice.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The decade of Mick is upon us. I'm serious. Look at his career record, it's outstanding and now he'll have the talent. He's only 49 years old.
Whether you look at # of seasons coached (18) or age (49), in both cases he's done better than JC at similar points in their careers.

Reaction Score
The poster said the UConn team would win by 15, twice.
That's not a crazy take, you told him he's wrong by showing Timme's #'s for the night. Timme is what makes them go, he gets like 20 points per game on 65% shooting. I think some forget or are too young to know how dominant Okafor was defensively, Timme would struggle mightily with him.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone noticed, but Mick started yelling at his guys to run back after the Juzang layup. They let Suggs run 3/4 of the court without a guy within 20 feet of him. That one coaching mistake cost them the game. Get a guy in his face and we’re in double OT. Wow
Pretty much most coaches are doing what Cronin did. An unbalanced court after an offensive rebound putback, most coaches don't want to risk a foul pressuring up the court.

Reaction Score
Pretty much most coaches are doing what Cronin did. An unbalanced court after an offensive rebound putback, most coaches don't want to risk a foul pressuring up the court.
See UConn vs Duke 1999 for how to properly defend when there are ~4 seconds left and the team is trying to get a shot off

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pretty cool site. I just did one and got 91-75 UConn. Seems like the computer agreed UConn would smoke them by 15. Emeka would be a matchup nightmare for Timme and it would dictate the entire game

Seeing Okafor dominated Andrew Bogut I say he wins that matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom