Final Four Games UH/Baylor & Gonzaga/UCLA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Final Four Games UH/Baylor & Gonzaga/UCLA

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’m chuckling a bit at the “inbred” conference comment like we don’t currently share a league with a team that has a coach who publicly admitted to using a racist phrase in the locker room postgame and he ~didn’t~ get fired

Reaction Score
Houston is a very good team. This game would have been different if Grimes came to play. Houston would still have lost though.

However Baylor is just way better than every other team except Gonzaga. Their athleticism, team speed, and breakdown abilities from both Mitchell and Butler is tough to defend. They are like UCONN 2014, but with bigger guards than Bazz and Boat.

Baylor is tough on offense and defense.

Reaction Score
I’m chuckling a bit at the “inbred” conference comment like we don’t currently share a league with a team that has a coach who publicly admitted to using a racist phrase in the locker room postgame and he ~didn’t~ get fired
please, if you think there was a quantum of hatred or prejudice in his heart when he said that you should just crawl into a hole somewhere this world will never be politically correct enough for you. his actions over the course of his career as coach, mentor, and father figure, speak volumes louder than one word.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Love the way Baylor moves the ball to the open guy. Houston isn't bad at it, just not Baylor-level.

Reaction Score
Cool, they absolutely blow as a #2 seed.
Why are you dying on the hill that a 2 seed that made the Final Four and has metrics like

Kenpom: 3
Sagarin: 5
BPI: 3
NET: 5

not only didn't deserve a 2 seed but actually sucks? The reality is that only a few teams were good this year, and Houston was among the better of that second tier. How do I know? They made the Final Four.

You can give me the "they only played double digit seeds," but that's the same with Alabama and they've been gone. That's the same with Ohio State. Your beloved Iowa got bounced by a 7 seed, not all that different from a 10.

They're not the best team we've ever seen or anything, but your absolute hatred of them is irrational.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
with ollie failure became inevitable the conference had nothing to do with it. ollie would have failed even if we were in the ASUN conference whatever that stands for. his failure was an unstoppable force.
On the one hand, I distinctly recall the Ollie "sad face" every game, but OTOH, I've always wondered if he would've done better if he didn't go through his divorce and gave his full attention to the job.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
please, if you think there was a quantum of hatred or prejudice in his heart when he said that you should just crawl into a hole somewhere this world will never be politically correct enough for you. his actions over the course of his career as coach, mentor, and father figure, speak volumes louder than one word.
Like paying kids and getting caught? I actually know people on the Creighton roster, McDermott is not a guy you want to die on a hill for

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga beats UCLA i think Baylor beats them. This team is built to beat the Zags.

Reaction Score
Looks like we’ll have a mullet man and a mustache man playing for the championship.

Reaction Score
Why are you dying on the hill that a 2 seed that made the Final Four and has metrics like

Kenpom: 3
Sagarin: 5
BPI: 3
NET: 5

not only didn't deserve a 2 seed but actually sucks? The reality is that only a few teams were good this year, and Houston was among the better of that second tier. How do I know? They made the Final Four.

You can give me the "they only played double digit seeds," but that's the same with Alabama and they've been gone. That's the same with Ohio State. Your beloved Iowa got bounced by a 7 seed, not all that different from a 10.

They're not the best team we've ever seen or anything, but your absolute hatred of them is irrational.
I think they suck as a 2 seed. They played one ranked team all season over 4 months ago and should've lost to Rutgers. They had the easiest run in the history of the tournament to the final 4 and got waxed by Baylor, congrats to them. Now tell me again how amazing the Big 10 is.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga beats UCLA i think Baylor beats them. This team is built to beat the Zags.

They got a good shot and playing the first game is an advantage. Btw what do you mean if Gonzaga beats UCLA ya sure anything can happen but let’s just pencil Gonzaga into the title game.

Reaction Score

I don’t know if they’ll win but, at the risk of looking ridiculous on Monday, I think it’s going to be a pretty even matchup. Baylor’s really good and who knows how much scarier people would think they are if they’d been pounding Portland and San Francisco for the last three months.

Reaction Score
I think they suck as a 2 seed. They played one ranked team all season over 4 months ago and should've lost to Rutgers. They had the easiest run in the history of the tournament to the final 4 and got waxed by Baylor, congrats to them. Now tell me again how amazing the Big 10 is.
Again, they had similar to exactly the same matchups as Alabama and Ohio State.

The Big 10 was excellent. Everyone knew it was overrated, but they had a bad tournament performance. Tournament performance only says so much about a conference, though, otherwise we all have to hail the Pac 12 as the best conference this year...

Reaction Score
Can I whine a bit. If Houston makes those 2 FTs I win $800 in the pool

Reaction Score
Like paying kids and getting caught? I actually know people on the Creighton roster, McDermott is not a guy you want to die on a hill for
except the players did just that. they stuck up for him. but what's your point? are you now trying to expand the definition of inbred even further beyond one instance of racially insensitive language to encompass the likes of kentucky and duke et al for paying players?

Reaction Score
Miley Cyrus singing Blondie and Stevie Nicks is a million times worse than Houston's performance.

Reaction Score
who wanted to hear aresco or any other inbred aac fans gloating about getting a team into the final 4?
I forgot college sports fan treated conference allegiance as if it was some sort of gang affiliation

Reaction Score
Final Four halftime shows just never live up to the hype.

Reaction Score
I didn't even know Miley Cryrus was popular enough to dig her up for this medley. Who is the target demo for this performance?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I didn't even know Miley Cryrus was popular enough to dig her up for this medley. Who is the target demo for this performance?
deaf people

If she reads the reviews on this tomorrow, she'll be back in rehab by Tuesday.

Reaction Score
deaf people
I was cooking in the kitchen and didn't know what channel I had the tv on, thought it was either one of those auditions that's gone wrong on a karaoke show or someone kidding around in a TV show scene. I wonder if she's always been that bad.

Reaction Score
None of these experts have a clue how to beat Gonzaga. UCLA has to stop Timme. Not sure they can, but that's probably where you start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom