2023 Recruiting: - Final ESPN 100 Rankings | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Final ESPN 100 Rankings

Reaction Score
Even with Tristen gone, we have some STUDS in the backcourt. Still going to have a very diverse lineup that can matchup with anyone. Going to be very hard for teams to prepare for us. Should have one of, if not the top defensive team in the country. The only question mark I have is perimeter shooting.

Time to repeat!

Reaction Score
Even with Tristen gone, we have some STUDS in the backcourt. Still going to have a very diverse lineup that can matchup with anyone. Going to be very hard for teams to prepare for us. Should have one of, if not the top defensive team in the country. The only question mark I have is perimeter shooting.

Time to repeat!

Let's not say Tristen is gone yet. I'd bet he's back.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any the info on if our guys rose / fell in the final release?

Reaction Score
Castle 15 > 12
Ball 55 > 32
Ross N/A > 80
Stewart 84 > 91
Stewart played High School ball against very weak competition, think Clingan his senior year, and looks like as a result he dropped. Ross meanwhile played against top competition and improved a lot and therefore moved up.

I watched Stewart EYBL highlight real that Adam Finklestein uploaded to YouTube and man he is legit. Big bodied can shoot. Has a killer step back jumper. Has good handle and take take you off the bounce. College ready body already and more athletic than he looks.

Reaction Score
Great class and another indication of how good the coaching staff is at identifying talent that has yet to show it's best at the time they were being recruited. Castle may be the exception.

All of them rose in the rankings during this year: most significantly Ross and Singare.

We can dream can't we? Maybe this class will be as important as Lamb's.

Reaction Score

caw

Reaction Score
Stewart played High School ball against very weak competition, think Clingan his senior year, and looks like as a result he dropped. Ross meanwhile played against top competition and improved a lot and therefore moved up.

I watched Stewart EYBL highlight real that Adam Finklestein uploaded to YouTube and man he is legit. Big bodied can shoot. Has a killer step back jumper. Has good handle and take take you off the bounce. College ready body already and more athletic than he looks.

Being West Coast but not at one of the big schools around California didn't help him with rankings. I agree, he is good.

Reaction Score

He's also has a great feel for the game/great passer. He's a stud.

Reaction Score
Does anyone notice that very few people seem geeked about Solo compared to Stewart and Ross? Top 35 is high level stuff.

This dude should be expected to make some noise instantly.

If Solo can defend the way he's capable of, I am sure he'll earn some minutes. He's improved rapidly at Brewster offensively too. A couple straight lines drives and spot up 3s will keep the defense honest enough to let our stars take the bulk of the shot attempts. He's just too athletic to keep off the floor if he plays with BBIQ.

I could see him pairing really nicely with Castle. Let Solo take the guard matchup on defense so Castle can take someone bigger and slower, then swap roles on offense... let Castle initiate and Solo can act more like a SF.

Reaction Score
Does anyone notice that very few people seem geeked about Solo compared to Stewart and Ross? Top 35 is high level stuff.

To my eye.. Solo's shooting is being underrated by many.. Can definitely slash and get to the hole.. Open floor athleticism is very strong.. Alpha dude

Reaction Score
This is all good stuff..People need to realize that Hurley is building a longterm situation at Uconn. I could care less about another championship just get better each year and keep the kids coming .

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I think it’s more of a given about Ball and people are talking up the two recruits who we believe are significantly underrated.

I’m in the camp that feels Ross is going to contribute more his freshman year than Stewart. Puts me at odds with 429 which is a first for me.

I love Stewart also. He’s a player. And strong. Ross still needs to get stronger. My ranking is more gamesmanship than anything because the separation between the two is very small. Their style is very different and it’s probably going to come down to how we value different skill sets.

Reaction Score
This is all good stuff..People need to realize that Hurley is building a longterm situation at Uconn. I could care less about another championship just get better each year and keep the kids coming .
Prepare to be disappointed this year...tough to top a wrecking ball NC team ;)

Reaction Score
I’m in the camp that feels Ross is going to contribute more his freshman year than Stewart. Puts me at odds with 429 which is a first for me.

I agree that Ross is more likely to contribute as a freshman. His skillset is immediately translatable--defense and 3s. He's a low-usage guy with the two most important skills to stay on the floor. I could see him being a 10-15mpg player right behind Andre at the 3 starting day 1.

Stewart is great and I do love his game. Ultimately a much more versatile player... probably has a higher ceiling. Ross is never going to develop the deep arsenal of moves off the dribble to get to the rim or shoot the 3 that Stewart has. But Stewart is going to need to play very differently than in high school, and that could be a big adjustment that gets in the way of early PT. Going from #1 alpha taking any shot you want regardless of difficulty is great for developing skills, but different than his role at UConn will be. We're going to need higher percentage shots and lower TOs from him to earn PT.

Like you said... skillsets. I think Ross's skillset is more in-demand on this team right now. We have plenty of weapons. Need efficiency and shooting.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think it’s more of a given about Ball and people are talking up the two recruits who we believe are significantly underrated.

I definitely feel the 2nd part. I’m with the first part but I feel the board vibe has been almost forgetting about Ball. Just a feeling.

I really like Stewart and Ball, and I’m as high on Castle as maybe anyone, so I’m kinda giddy on this class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom