Final college basketball conference power rankings 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final college basketball conference power rankings 2023

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
One thing that Big East fans overrate as far as importance is the Big East tournament, I agree that it is the best of the conference tournaments, however, no player is deciding where to go play basketball based on the Big East tournament being at MSG. Players pick a school based on the head coach, their feelings about the school and their potential teammates, success of the program, potential playing time, NIL opportunities, quality and exposure of the league. Nobody is choosing to go to UCONN or any other Big East school because of the year end tournament being in MSG, that is so far down the list that it is hardly worth mentioning. I use as evidence St John's University, if playing at MSG is such a draw please explain to me the total ineptitude of that basketball program. They could rotate the Big East tournament to Barclays, Phily and DC and the league would draw the same players. Yes UCONN fans love the tournament at MSG but that is due to the easy train ride to a great city.

You clearly have not talked to a single player or recruit, ever.

Reaction Score
You clearly have not talked to a single player or recruit, ever.

Yeah, I'm sure Timberlake's decision will be based on MSG, not Hurley or the other things I mentioned. Overrated. It's a great draw for UCONN fans, I doubt it matters much for recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Big Ten is absolute garbage.

Bad, boring basketball every freaking year.

The fact that Purdue rolls through that league and then loses to a 23-seed every March should tip some people off, but I guess not.

Top three were the Big East, Big 12 and SEC and then there was a bunch of human wreckage behind them and behind the human wreckage was the ACC.
Yeah, the Big Ten has a bunch big slow players who can only play physically to compete. A lot of the teams have very slow guards too and if they can't shoot well the games get ugly. You would think that the big 10 could attract better more athletic players across all the teams.

Reaction Score
Big East's NCAA tournament 12-4 record was skewed by one team. First off, with 5 teams in the tourney, there was only 2 possibilities for losses 5 or 4 (if one team won the whole thing). On the win side, one team had half of the 12 wins. If that team had gone out in the first round 12-4 becomes 6-5.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Big East's NCAA tournament 12-4 record was skewed by one team. First off, with 5 teams in the tourney, there was only 2 possibilities for losses 5 or 4 (if one team won the whole thing). On the win side, one team had half of the 12 wins. If that team had gone out in the first round 12-4 becomes 6-5.
We’ve done a lot of skewing over the years.

Reaction Score

That’s an extreme reach of a hypothetical. So a team that won every game by double digits — but only if they had lost ….. ? The Big E was the only conference with 3 in the sweet 16 and two in the elite 8.

Reaction Score
Big East

The BIG EAST is the Top Basketball Conference and the Key to Georgetown’s Path Back to Glory​

The best teams, best coaches, best tournament and more.
A few posters are not going to like this article..it doesn’t fit their narrative that uconn has to get out of the big east…I thought that if we got offered to join the acc or big 12 we should take it because of the money…not any more… after this last year I don’t care how much money we can make in another conference the big east is the best conference for uconn

Reaction Score
That’s an extreme reach of a hypothetical. So a team that won every game by double digits — but only if they had lost ….. ? The Big E was the only conference with 3 in the sweet 16 and two in the elite 8.
It wasn't a hypothetical. It was an attempt at humor. I forgot how sensitive people are these days.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a hypothetical. It was an attempt at humor. I forgot how sensitive people are these days.

gotcha. apologies. sarcasm is tough to interpret via written messages especially with the all genuinely idiotic things people post. emojis help.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We’ve skewered Duke and Kentucky pretty good. Certainly helped with catching up to Duke.

I love telling the casuals in my complex who are UNC fans that UConn stopped Duke from getting two NCs. The smile on their face is heart warming. Bless their hearts.

I’d love the same opportunity of telling the Duke fans that live here we stopped UNC a couple of times because we skewered them on our way to six and seven.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing that Big East fans overrate as far as importance is the Big East tournament, I agree that it is the best of the conference tournaments, however, no player is deciding where to go play basketball based on the Big East tournament being at MSG. Players pick a school based on the head coach, their feelings about the school and their potential teammates, success of the program, potential playing time, NIL opportunities, quality and exposure of the league. Nobody is choosing to go to UCONN or any other Big East school because of the year end tournament being in MSG, that is so far down the list that it is hardly worth mentioning. I use as evidence St John's University, if playing at MSG is such a draw please explain to me the total ineptitude of that basketball program. They could rotate the Big East tournament to Barclays, Phily and DC and the league would draw the same players. Yes UCONN fans love the tournament at MSG but that is due to the easy train ride to a great city.
I admittedly wasn’t a fan of coming back to BE. I thought a strong UConn, Memphis and Houston would be a strong core for AAC.

Clearly our recruiting has improved in past several years. Yes much of that is Hurley, but many will argue playing in BE helps our recruiting as well and is a much easier sell than a Midwest/Texas based league.

Reaction Score
I admittedly wasn’t a fan of coming back to BE. I thought a strong UConn, Memphis and Houston would be a strong core for AAC.

Clearly our recruiting has improved in past several years. Yes much of that is Hurley, but many will argue playing in BE helps our recruiting as well and is a much easier sell than a Midwest/Texas based league.
This staff is relentless. They have a lot to do with it. However, the UConn brand (which is truly back) and the Big East help a lot too. The combination of the three along with the natty and draft picks is really going to pay dividends. NIL is the one remaining obstacle to yearly dominance. Hopefully, that continues to produce as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom