Final AP Poll... Will the Seedings Resemble Poll? | The Boneyard

Final AP Poll... Will the Seedings Resemble Poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville drops to a 2 seed and Baylor moves up to a 1 in the Stanford region. Tennessee will be sent to Louisville. But I do think that the correct teams are in the top 8, just not necessarily in the same order.

Too bad we won't see the coaches poll before the selection show.

Prediction
@Louisville: UT (1) and Louisville (2)
@ND: ND (1) and WVU (2)
@Nebraska: UCONN (1) and USC (2)
@Stanford: Baylor (1) and Stanford (2)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I doubt it will be as the poll. This is the Selection Committee we are talking about.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Would you prefer Stanford at Stanford or Louisville at Louisville?

If I were UT I would rather avoid the three hour time difference. If you play the last regional final that could be played as late as 11:00 p.m., EDT.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If last year is any indication, the committee will mainly make small one-line adjustments from the AP rankings for at least the first four lines. Last year only two of the top 16 teams from AP were not in the first 4 lines, and one was mid major Delaware which was placed as a #6, but mid majors generally are seeded between 2 to 4 lines below their rank. The other displaced team was Louisville, which was moved back a line to a #5.

Naturally the two non top-16 teams moved up to the #4 slots, USCar and Purdue, quickly bowed out in the 2nd round. Delaware won two games before losing a close one to KY, and Louisville did kind of okay in a 5-win run to the NC game.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, Stanford #6, WVU #8, Duke #9.

I keep seeing Stanford as a 1 and Duke as their 2. Not sure that's possible in terms of balance.

Perhaps Baylor can get the last 1 and Stanford the 2? That would be much more balanced and make more sense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hmmm, Stanford #6, WVU #8, Duke #9.

I keep seeing Stanford as a 1 and Duke as their 2. Not sure that's possible in terms of balance.

Perhaps Baylor can get the last 1 and Stanford the 2? That would be much more balanced and make more sense.

but thats just rankings.... im sure the selection committee doesnt have Stanford that low... probably not Duke either.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Louisville drops to a 2 seed and Baylor moves up to a 1 in the Stanford region. Tennessee will be sent to Louisville. But I do think that the correct teams are in the top 8, just not necessarily in the same order.

Too bad we won't see the coaches poll before the selection show.

Prediction
@Louisville: UT (1) and Louisville (2)
@ND: ND (1) and WVU (2)
@Nebraska: UCONN (1) and USC (2)
@Stanford: Baylor (1) and Stanford (2)

Now that's what I hope we get with the committee's selection. The bracket your predicting, and I hope we get, would be one of the more interesting ones in recent memory.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well ESPN would love a Tenn UConn and ND UConn games. Those would be big money makers. So long as the top teams have competitive games the fans will watch. Baylor Stanford UT LVille Baylor Stanford will all draw on TV because of the big named players and reputations of the teams.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if a four or eight team play in games for the NCAA women's tournament would a smart move? I think it might be a good idea to give teams a shot that have a higher RPI than those who won their conference tournament, a chance to compete in the tournament..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if a four or eight team play in games for the NCAA women's tournament would a smart move? I think it might be a good idea to give teams a shot that have a higher RPI than those who won their conference tournament, a chance to compete in the tournament..

bear-how-about-no_thumbnail.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
64 is fine. Let the NIT have a decent field that allows a handful of the better teams to play more than one game in the postseason and battle it out in two cases through to the 5th game championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom