Final 6 regular season games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final 6 regular season games

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spanning across last year and this year that would include a 53-4 run and being 21-1 in tournaments; and only losing one game out of conference to Kansas on the road on a last second shot without Castle and Cam playing injured.

Florida won both its conference tournaments and also only lost to Kansas (at home and KU was ranked 10th) out of conference, but would have lost two more games overall. We’ll see how this tournament goes, but even if we go through a gauntlet, Florida will have played higher seeds than our run last year.

But now we are doomed so this is all moot

I go back to UNLV and hope Season Two doesn't end like UNLV.

The 1990-1991 team was by all metrics more dominant than 89-90. But results matter.

And I loved me some UNLV LJ.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Earlier in the year I think halfway point I started a thread and everyone on the board would have taken a 17-3 conference record. Now it seems that record is in our grasp. So 5-2 counting DePaul would be fine with me as long as both losses are not to Marquette. Next Saturday will be our test to see where we really are. Glad we are playing them at home first. That will be up to this point the game of the season relating to all things we want to accomplish.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Earlier in the year I think halfway point I started a thread and everyone on the board would have taken a 17-3 conference record. Now it seems that record is in our grasp. So 5-2 counting DePaul would be fine with me as long as both losses are not to Marquette. Next Saturday will be our test to see where we really are. Glad we are playing them at home first. That will be up to this point the game of the season relating to all things we want to accomplish.

Even UConn's other best seasons a 17-3 record, or .850 win percentage, was great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d be happy with 5-3 as long as we don’t get swept by Marquette and therefore grab a share of the regular season title.
It is, and it would be a disappointment and complete collapse to not win the regular season championship this year. But I'd trade never winning another regular season BE title for the rest of eternity for one more title
i might make that deal with the devil for at least* one more title but I wouldn’t cap it at one. Hypothetically, Let’s say they win it all again this year; what’s left to look forward to as a fan beside the BET tourney if they can never win the regular season or natty again? You’d only have 3 or 4 meaningful games to watch per season.

Reaction Score
Shoot for the moon. 7-0. Statement win is striking Marquette in the heart in Milwaukee.
Demoralize everyone going into BET.

Win that and then repeat.

Finish season on a 19 game win streak.
3-0 in BET.
6-0 in NCAA.

28 game win streak and back to back.

Forever stamp this two year run against any program in NCAA history.

It's there for the taking.
Like clubbing seals?

Reaction Score
Purdue only really has @ Illinois for a potential loss so it could depending on the timing
I mean they should’ve been swept by Northwestern so clearly they can get got

Reaction Score
Shoot for the moon. 7-0. Statement win is striking Marquette in the heart in Milwaukee.
Demoralize everyone going into BET.

Win that and then repeat.

Finish season on a 19 game win streak.
3-0 in BET.
6-0 in NCAA.

28 game win streak and back to back.

Forever stamp this two year run against any program in NCAA history.

It's there for the taking.
I’m with you Chin
Doubt highly anybody in the locker room is talking about going four and two!

caw

Reaction Score
If we finish 30-4 or whatever, we will still be a #1 seed. Not #1 overall though.

It will be hard to be #1 overall period. UConn would have to run the table and have Purdue drop probably two games. The Big Ten isn’t good enough to make them drop two, IMO.

Reaction Score
Dare I say…. 6-0. This team can win solely on its defensive prowess when healthy. And I don’t foresee another Big East game where none of our guys’ shots are falling. I know. Too optimistic. Almost Scrappy-like. But there’s something very special about this group.
6-0 is what I’m thinking until someone proves otherwise.

Reaction Score
6-0 is what I’m thinking until someone proves otherwise.
Agree that 6-0 is possible with the way we’re playing. The Marquette game next Saturday is huge. There is a big difference heading into the road games with a three game lead instead of a one game lead.

Reaction Score
Agree that 6-0 is possible with the way we’re playing. The Marquette game next Saturday is huge. There is a big difference heading into the road games with a three game lead instead of a one game lead.
The Marquette game is huge, for sure, and a 3-game lead instead of a one game lead is much better. However, Marquette plays Butler tomorrow. Don't sleep on Butler-they curbed stomped Marquette in Milwaukee earlier this season.

Reaction Score
The problem is each one they lose, can cause the team to lose confidence making it easier to lose the next one. It is by far the hardest stretch and a brutal schedule to end the season. Just hoping they end the season with confidence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really want the regular season Big East title. This may seem weird, but not getting close to one in the American still feels like a stain we need to erase. This would do it.

I agree 4-2 is fine, all we need. Other top teams will lose games too, we’d need a real collapse to lose our #1 seed. Aside from Purdue and Houston, everyone else has 5+ losses already. Houston has an even tougher stretch than we do to close the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom