Final 4. Which regions play against each other? | The Boneyard

Final 4. Which regions play against each other?

Reaction Score
If the four number 1 seeds end up in these regions, who would we play in the semi-final game presuming we get there.

Houston South
UConn. East
Purdue. Midwest
Tenn. West

Reaction Score
We don’t know yet. Most brackets right now have Purdue number one overall, which would mean our bracket would be matched up with Houston.

I’ve been in the camp all season that we just had to get Brooklyn-Boston and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. We’ve accomplished that, and I still feel that way.

But, to nitpick, there is a line of thought that we want to be number one overall, theoretically, to avoid playing Purdue/Houston until the national title game (and making them go through each other beforehand in the Final Four).

That said, if we do get to the Final Four, bring on whoever. I’m usually a semantics guy, but I think it’s not worth worrying about here. Get us a bracket, give us a path to Phoenix, and I trust Hurley to do his damndest.

Reaction Score
If Houston wins the B12 tournament, they will likely be the #1 overall seed. If they don't and Purdue wins B1G tournament, they will likely be the #1 overall seed. If neither of them do and we win BET, we will be the #1 overall seed. It all depends on the results upcoming.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A lot has to happen for either Houston or Purdue to make the Final Four. I won’t spend too much time worrying about that right now.

First, I want to enjoy the Big East Tournament. Second, there are a few teams I don’t want to see in UConn’s region if possible. Illinois and Iowa State are two. Creighton should not be in our region, although the NCAA Selection Committee makes it up as they go so who knows?

Reaction Score
Final four is set up as:
east vs south
midwest vs west
that's only due to the current ranking of the four #1 seeds. the quadrant each region is placed in is fluid.

#1 overall will ultimately be in the upper left hand side of the bracket. the 4th #1 seed will be in the lower left hand side of the bracket.

it's pretty safe to assume the 4th #1 seed will be placed in the West region since purdue (midwest) houston (south) and uconn (east) are all locks as #1 seeds and will get the geographic preference

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom