Final 4 semis thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Final 4 semis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Point of my post? It was pretty clear what the point of my post was, that our guards do not go inside enough and aren't as skilled at it as what we are watching right now. All season people on the Yard were clamoring for Miller to get the ball in the post more but over 30 games played he never really did.

As for the guys being 4 & 5 stars which we don't have, it was kind of implied in my last line. If you want to pick out a post to be a smarta** about find a better one.
I'll just search your name, you got plenty on the ledger to choose from

Reaction Score
Nova can definitely beat UNC, having the 1st game is an advantage for them.

Reaction Score
Thankfully, the Orange Bubble is about to burst. They still have the Helms trophy.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'll just search your name, you got plenty on the ledger to choose from
Someone is a little grumpy and having a bad day. Did the gf/wife make you sleep on the couch last night?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Point of my post? It was pretty clear what the point of my post was, that our guards do not go inside enough and aren't as skilled at it as what we are watching right now. All season people on the Yard were clamoring for Miller to get the ball in the post more but over 30 games played he never really did.

As for the guys being 4 & 5 stars which we don't have, it was kind of implied in my last line. If you want to pick out a post to be a smarta** about find a better one.

First SM is not anything like the UNC big guys, he doesn't jump like them or have the handle underneath, plus UNC has 3 options underneath.
I feel our guards this year could have and would have passed underneath IF there was someone to pass to.
SM was simply not mobile enough under the basket - he was a great addition but not comparable to the UNC big guys

Reaction Score
The chariot is turning back into a pumpkin thankfully. But it got to stay a chariot long after midnight.

Reaction Score
And still its....

Tyler Olander 2, Jim Boeheim 1

Good thing for Boeheim he rented Carmelo for that one year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans are complaining about being second-class citizens in the ACC and are rooting for Villanova? lol

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
First SM is not anything like the UNC big guys, he doesn't jump like them or have the handle underneath, plus UNC has 3 options underneath.
I feel our guards this year could have and would have passed underneath IF there was someone to pass to.
SM was simply not mobile enough under the basket - he was a great addition but not comparable to the UNC big guys
I disagree, SM was a player in the same mold as Bryce Johnson, just to a lesser degree/caliber. They have the same body type, and are both equally springy and athletic. Outside of SM though it really drops off and that's when we can't compete with a front court like UNC's.

I'm just watching this game and seeing how effortlessly the ball is getting into the danger spots in the paint for UNC, seems like a few years since we have had a competent offense in the paint (Deandre or Oriakhi come to mind).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So happy to see that db Cooney gone
He finally hit some shots but all year he missed so many shots they needed
So happy to see the Picker shot down
Unhappy to see another cheater program go forward
I hate saying this - GO NOVA

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Olander, Bazz and Giffey - 4 years, 2 championships.

Boeheim - 30+ years, 1 championship.
did you hear what jalen rose said? he said he'd play for ollie, he named multiple reasons and one reason was bc he already has a NC and there are coaches who have been coaching for 20+ and only have 1 NC or none

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I disagree, SM was a player in the same mold as Bryce Johnson, just to a lesser degree/caliber. They have the same body type, and are both equally springy and athletic. Outside of SM though it really drops off and that's when we can't compete with a front court like UNC's.

I'm just watching this game and seeing how effortlessly the ball is getting into the danger spots in the paint for UNC, seems like a few years since we have had a competent offense in the paint (Deandre or Oriakhi come to mind).

You can disagree
but you are wrong - Johnson and SM are not that similar - Johnson will be playing in the NBA and SM??????

Reaction Score
The day off tomorrow should give the Carolina players sufficient time to line up students to take their non-existent classes next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom