Final 4 Probability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final 4 Probability

Which school has the best chance of making the final 4 this year?

• Arizona St

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Kansas St

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • North Carolina St

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Ohio St

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • South Florida

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 42 38.5%

• Total voters

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee had a good 4th quarter and pulled away from Mizzou. Unimpressive!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee has the most talent--by far--so I chose them. I put NC State and OSU next. The others have a COMBINED 1% or less probability. Ain't happenin'.

I'd take Ohio State's Roster over TN's roster every day and twice on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is the obvious choice from the list.... but they are going to beat 4 teams in NCAAs to get to Final 4? They have thoroughly proven in last several years that the "Elite 8" is their high water mark....

I would be shocked if they do not lose to somebody...... anybody.... before they ever get to Fianl 4

Reaction Score
I picked NC State, because they really do seem to have the ability to surprise. As much as I would love to see TN in the Final Four, I don't think the have the consistency to get there.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm going with "none of the above."

BTW - there is no way I would vote Tennessee!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tough choices indeed but I voted for Tennessee for completely selfish reasons. I want to play and destroy them in the FF. :p:p

In addition, I do think that despite their coach, they can get on a roll.
No reason they can't be a 7 or 8 seed and play us in the 2nd round, or a 4-5 seed and play us in the 3rd round...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'd take Ohio State's Roster over TN's roster every day and twice on Sunday.

So would you say that Ohio State has been even more underachieving this year than Tennessee?

Reaction Score
So would you say that Ohio State has been even more underachieving this year than Tennessee?
Preseason I think most had Ohio st higher than Tn. I know I did.
Mitchell Harper Calhoun mavunga.
Who else? That's an all star lineup.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see we have some Arizona State, Kansas State, and South Florida Alums here on the Boneyard :rolleyes:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Preseason I think most had Ohio st higher than Tn. I know I did.
Mitchell Harper Calhoun mavunga.
Who else? That's an all star lineup.

Mitchell/Cooper/Mavunga are standouts. Haven't been all that impressed with Calhoun, and Harper is a good athlete but is a poor finisher and not a strong shooter. It's starting to appear that she was vastly overrated coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Tennessee are my picks..if I had to pick one, it'd be the Vols.

Tennessee has as much talent as most top 5 teams in the country, they are just wildly inconsistent. They have wins against Stanford/Notre Dame/South Carolina. Clearly, they are capable of putting together a solid game and upsetting a higher ranked team. They could also just as easily lose in the first round of the tournament.

Ohio State gets my 2nd vote because they have a really really good guard in Mitchell and a strong post in Mavunga. If Mitchell goes off, she's incredibly hard to stop since she is lightning quick with incredible range. Mavunga is a smooth athletic forward who is capable of putting up big numbers. If Mississippi State sneaks into a #1 seed and OSU is their 4 seed, I'd put money on OSU over Mississippi State.
They could be inconsistent and lose in an early round but much less likely on the postseason big stage under the bright lights than midsession at Podunk U

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tennessee has the most talent--by far--so I chose them. I put NC State and OSU next. The others have a COMBINED 1% or less probability. Ain't happenin'.
The problem with that logic is Holly is still the coach....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I see we have some Arizona State, Kansas State, and South Florida Alums here on the Boneyard :rolleyes:

Surely the same USF alums that are hanging those incriminating photos and text messages over the heads of the AP and coach voters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom