Final 4 Probability | The Boneyard

Final 4 Probability

Which school has the best chance of making the final 4 this year?

• Arizona St

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Kansas St

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • North Carolina St

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Ohio St

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • South Florida

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 42 38.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Last year 2 longshots (for women's basketball) -- a #7 seed and a #4 seed -- made the final 4. Another 7 and 4 seed made the E8.
Who might be a longshot this year?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee and NC State have each shown that when they play well they can beat almost anyone. Their respective résumés of quality wins are as good as anyone's except UConn's. The other teams have yet to prove they can elevate their games to that level, though certainly Ohio State has the upside of tremendous talent.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can't believe I just voted for TN, but of the teams listed they are the only one with enough talent to pull off a string of upsets and make it to Dallas.

Of course they are also the only one of the teams listed that can lay a gigantic egg and be on their way home after the 1st round.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tough choices indeed but I voted for Tennessee for completely selfish reasons. I want to play and destroy them in the FF. :p:p

In addition, I do think that despite their coach, they can get on a roll.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't believe I just voted for TN, but of the teams listed they are the only one with enough talent to pull off a string of upsets and make it to Dallas.

Of course they are also the only one of the teams listed that can lay a gigantic egg and be on their way home after the 1st round.

I had the same emotional feeling --as if I was betraying Uconn. But with the teams listed--????
As Bags says; If the GOOD Tn team shows up. Unfortunately for Tn fans--the team has to do it without much assistance.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I went with Tennessee. All the other choices would have to play "out of their minds" for rounds 3 and 4. The Lady Vols, on the other hand, have mainly to play to their potential, which granted seems a stretch for them given their recent history. But I think that's more likely then the other teams getting and staying hot.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ohio State and Tennessee are my picks...if I had to pick one, it'd be the Vols.

Tennessee has as much talent as most top 5 teams in the country, they are just wildly inconsistent. They have wins against Stanford/Notre Dame/South Carolina. Clearly, they are capable of putting together a solid game and upsetting a higher ranked team. They could also just as easily lose in the first round of the tournament.

Ohio State gets my 2nd vote because they have a really really good guard in Mitchell and a strong post in Mavunga. If Mitchell goes off, she's incredibly hard to stop since she is lightning quick with incredible range. Mavunga is a smooth athletic forward who is capable of putting up big numbers. If Mississippi State sneaks into a #1 seed and OSU is their 4 seed, I'd put money on OSU over Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
Tough choices and I will never vote for Tennessee for anything positive
I voted for TN, but not because I want them to get to the FF - just because they're the most talented and capable. But after seeing your post, now I'm so ashamed....

upload_2017-2-9_17-25-14.png

Reaction Score
I didn't vote because I can't see any of these teams make the FF.

The question was not which team WILL make the f4. Just which has the best chance.

Reaction Score
I didn't vote because I can't see any of these teams make the FF. I was going to vote for TN, but every time I went to press the button I felt a sharp pain at the back of my skull.

Well said. Me too.
Until the day Tenn coach came clean it will forever be cursed............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FYI, TN is down 40-39 at home in the 4th qtr vs unranked Mizzou, so I may have to revise my pick to anyone but TN

Reaction Score
Voting or saying anything positive about Tennessee would cause me to have a pain that only having a certain part of me in a vise could cause.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I picked NC State

1) Im a ACC Homer :cool:

2) I live in NC :p

3) Guard play is important in the NCAA's...... and I trust their backcourt more than the other teams listed

4) I respect Wes Moore as a coach, they have a veteran team, they have a chip on their shoulder, and they fear no one. Seriously.. other than Baylor or UCONN.... what probable #1 Seed would they fear?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee has the most talent--by far--so I chose them. I put NC State and OSU next. The others have a COMBINED 1% or less probability. Ain't happenin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom