filling the stadium in the future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

filling the stadium in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is the part I don't get. The program is less than 12 months from it's all time peak. Has the season so far been a huge disappointment, yes. Even with the reduced expectations from the loss of key personnel and the coaching change.

The one issue that does need addressing is the schedule. Both conference and non-conference as they sit today can not sustain the program. Needing to win will be a given, but even wins over fordam and buffalo don't do much for the fanbase.

The outlook of the future schedule will go along way in determining what the season ticket base is.

Susan, get us to a better conference.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since the rent opened. Our tailgate group of 12 has decided not to renew and will scalp tickets to a few of the games next year. This conference shuffling sucks and so does the product on the field.
I not buying its not PP players, to many mistakes are going on
I'm sorry, sir, but there are lots of "good" reasons not to renew your tickets. Like, I can't put clothes on my kids back, I can't buy gas to get to work, etc. Abandoning the team because they're having a bad year just reeks of the kind of fair weather fandom that we get accused of time and again and it constantly reminds us why we'll never be anything more than a basketball school. Please do me a favor and sell your tickets to someone who will come to the stadium to be a fan. Lots of things do suck right now and it is disheartening, but c'mon man! Sorry, I hate seeing posts like this.

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since the rent opened. Our tailgate group of 12 has decided not to renew and will scalp tickets to a few of the games next year. This conference shuffling sucks and so does the product on the field.
I not buying its not PP players, to many mistakes are going on

Bub Bye

Reaction Score
Look, the MBB program has a subpar year and u can sit anywhere you want. This fanbase is as fickle as it comes, period. I'll be there supportuing the program thru the good times AND bad.

Reaction Score
I am surprised that any Boneyarders would dump their season tickets after this season, but it would not surprise me for the casual fan to start to disappear.

Like someone earlier said, it is unreal how boring the games have become. I feel bad for Kashif. I really thought he was due for a breakout year and with Edsall maybe it happens, but it sure isn't happening now.

Reaction Score
+1 .. Pasqualoni's team is extremely hard to watch. I never turn off a UConn game (I may bitch and moan but I still watch). Yet I've done it twice this sesaon thus far .... WVU turned it off immediately after the JMac fumble went to the mall (thank god) and last night. The games are very difficult to watch and really boring. We had our first two touchdowns in a few games last night and one came when it didnt even matter.

Special Teams are a disaster, kick off returns are basically non existant and even worse are punt returns. Every punt play ends with Nick Williams either calling for a fair catch, getting blown up while catching the ball orrrrr letting the ball bounce down inside the 10.

Offense is REALLY boring..... mccombs gets a few yards here and there but never has the home run. Sorry but watching a team drive 80+ yards for a field goal is flat out boring.

Our Defense watching our secondary get blown up is disheartening to say the least. They do make plays, but when they don't we already know that the points allowed will not be made up by our offense. Simply put as soon as the other teams scores a touchdown I already feel like the game is out of reach.
You are a Uconn fan ? Really ?? How could you turn off the WVU game after the fumble ? Be honest - your wife/girlfriend wanted you to go to the mall ?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, sir, but there are lots of "good" reasons not to renew your tickets. Like, I can't put clothes on my kids back, I can't buy gas to get to work, etc. Abandoning the team because they're having a bad year just reeks of the kind of fair weather fandom that we get accused of time and again and it constantly reminds us why we'll never be anything more than a basketball school. Please do me a favor and sell your tickets to someone who will come to the stadium to be a fan. Lots of things do suck right now and it is disheartening, but c'mon man! Sorry, I hate seeing posts like this.
Could not have said it any better !!

Reaction Score
I'll be at as many games as I can. I hope they increase student season tickets to up the excitement and build the fan base for the future. The fact that this thread exists shows how badly Hathaway had to go. Are you listening Jeff Jacobs? This issue wasn't Calhoun!

Reaction Score
You mean the devoted UConn crowd that straggles in midway through the second quarter and leaves midway through the third quarter will be affected by the football product and conference affiliation? I doubt it. Half that crowd is there for the "scene." I'm there for the football but I'm also not so easily scared off. I'll be there next year regardless of the outcome. It's my state. It's my team. I root for them. So be it.

Reaction Score
Look, the MBB program has a subpar year and u can sit anywhere you want. This fanbase is as fickle as it comes, period. I'll be there supportuing the program thru the good times AND bad.

If there was tailgating at MBB...

Reaction Score

Absolutely...

I bet there is more spend on what happens in the parking lots than what the game tickets cost at $25/head.

Reaction Score
Bub Bye

In our tailgate of 12 only one is Uconn alumni, so right off the bat people’s heart are not into it. They like the tailgate party, and to be with friends and family. The women especially are getting real board and want to leave at halftime because there are no touchdowns….I am the one that would like to continue to go, but going to a game and tailgating by myself is not to much fun.

I think Uconn really missed the bus not hiring a young coach such as Arkansas coach McGee. The senior citizen coaching staff needs to pack it in and go play bingo or something. Todays FB is duel threat qbs' and ours are sitting on the bench and PP stil is not beching jmac

Reaction Score
In our tailgate of 12 only one is Uconn alumni, so right off the bat people’s heart are not into it. They like the tailgate party, and to be with friends and family. The women especially are getting real board and want to leave at halftime because there are no touchdowns….I am the one that would like to continue to go, but going to a game and tailgating by myself is not to much fun.

I think Uconn really missed the bus not hiring a young coach such as Arkansas coach McGee. The senior citizen coaching staff needs to pack it in and go play bingo or something. Todays FB is duel threat qbs' and ours are sitting on the bench and PP stil is not beching jmac

Excellent perspective. UConn needs to break the RE/PP mold. The college football game is very different than the 50's & 60's when these guys learned the game. Today it's about the action, the scoring, the playmakers. People want to see excitement. UConn football is like watching soccer - not enough offense.

Reaction Score
I'm very disapointed in season like the rest of you. But to jump ship because Uconn isn't playing up to their abilities is wrong. I'm a lifelong Jets and Mets Fan. I guess you can get where I come from. I watched Joe Namath in the Super Bowl. Jets have been bad for 40 Years but i'm still a fan. Most of you cry babies must be Pats fans. I never met a True Pats Fan until they started winning! How many Chicago Bulls fans you see now?( No Michael Jordon)! We have the same offensive co ordinator as last year! You need to take the good with the bad. Give Coach P a chance he didn't recruit this team, RE did! Where is he now!! Maryland, big deal they stink too. You guys who are not renewing. Good we don't need fair weather fans like you. Just keep going to Girls basketball games this way you won't have to deal with many losses. Thats whats wrong with UConn Football, The Fans. UConn ends up in ACC you will all be back happy and content. No ACC were done. Oh By the way we just can't call up USC---Ohio St-- Penn St-Alabama and say put us on the schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom