Fill in the blank- | The Boneyard

Fill in the blank-

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We want to win our 5th National title this year. The teams been solid all year. I’d be satisfied with making the round of _______ in this years NCAA tournament.

“Sanogo has the footwork of a ballerina and strength of a boxer, but we needs to dunk in traffic. Take the ball and player guarding him and stuff them both through the hoop at once. He will.”

~Joseph, The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We want to win our 5th National title this year. The teams been solid all year. I’d be satisfied with making the round of _______ in this years NCAA tournament.

“Sanogo has the footwork of a ballerina and strength of a boxer, but we needs to dunk in traffic. Take the ball and player guarding him and stuff them both through the hoop at once. He will.”

Winning the first game.

Reaction Score
Was going to start a similar thread.

I think winning the first game is an absolute must to stay on the trajectory we want. A loss there would be a disaster and you'll start to hear questions about Hurley in big games.

A coin-toss second round 4/5 game is a strong "nice to have". A win there has us unequivocally on the right track, back to national relevance, and Hurley having demonstrated he can get over the hump. Losing in the second round isn't a calamity, more of a missed opportunity.

Anything beyond Sweet 16 is gravy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread is exactly why I hung up the robe.
And yet here you are droning on about it. It seems like a desperate cry for attention to me. Just saying.

Reaction Score

16 or bust but 1 win will be an improvement from last year

Reaction Score
Was going to start a similar thread.

I think winning the first game is an absolute must to stay on the trajectory we want. A loss there would be a disaster and you'll start to hear questions about Hurley in big games.

A coin-toss second round 4/5 game is a strong "nice to have". A win there has us unequivocally on the right track, back to national relevance, and Hurley having demonstrated he can get over the hump. Losing in the second round isn't a calamity, more of a missed opportunity.

Anything beyond Sweet 16 is gravy.
Well said. This is my take as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh I used to love those mad Libs when I was a kid. Let’s see, I’ll go with “stinky“ that always produced a quality result to my elementary school mindset.

Reaction Score
It’s been 6 years since this program won a NCAA Tournament game. I think we need to win our First Round game. We will be favored in the game regardless of who we play. Anything after that depends on the bracket and matchups. If we are a 5 seed, chances are we play the 4, which would be a tough game in the second round unless they are upset.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe we should expect to win every game that we wear our white jerseys. If we get eliminated wearing our dark jerseys, in a fashion similar to last night, fighting until the end in a tough 1-2 score battle, I will be happy.

Reaction Score
Just win the first one and see how things break. You never know if you may end up in the blown up bracket and suddenly find yourself playing an 8 seed for a chance to go to the final 4. Just win 1 at a time

Reaction Score
It’s been 6 years since this program won a NCAA Tournament game. I think we need to win our First Round game. We will be favored in the game regardless of who we play. Anything after that depends on the bracket and matchups. If we are a 5 seed, chances are we play the 4, which would be a tough game in the second round unless they are upset.
This is an important, subtle point.

If we lose in the 2nd round against a tough 4 seed in a good game, that's something we can live with.

If we lose in the 2nd round to a 13 seed, it would be hard to feel good about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom