Fifth Year for Paige? Sixth? | The Boneyard

Fifth Year for Paige? Sixth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was the tweet, but it’s been deleted.

6F65DB23-5DF3-49C2-8515-820DFC5DF006.jpeg

Reaction Score
The NIL makes it possible. She can make even more money than the wnba and not have to play internationally to supplement her income. We've seen how dangerous that can be. She could easily stay in school and get an MBA so she can manage her earnings.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers is projected as one of the top picks in the 2024 WNBA draft. But with an extra year awarded to players affected by COVID seasons, and a redshirt year, Bueckers, one of the top earners in the name, image and likeness movement, could remain at UConn through the 2025-26 season.

“There's always a chance,” she said. “I have three more years of eligibility. I'm not declining, not saying for sure I will or for sure I won't. But there's definitely an opportunity for me to return for a fifth year, even maybe a sixth year.”

Reaction Score
The NIL makes it possible. She can make even more money than the wnba and not have to play internationally to supplement her income. We've seen how dangerous that can be. She could easily stay in school and get an MBA so she can manage her earnings.
Her NIL deals would carry over to the pros where she wouldn't have to worry about playing school.

Reaction Score
Her NIL deals would carry over to the pros where she wouldn't have to worry about playing school.
Yea just have to fly commerical all over the country playing more games in less time than college. And she's making more now injured on the bench at Uconn than she'll make as a rookie in the WNBA. Lets be for real.

Reaction Score

She wouldn’t have to play internationally now. She’s a millionaire

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yea just have to fly commerical all over the country playing more games in less time than college. And she's making more now injured on the bench at Uconn than she'll make as a rookie in the WNBA. Lets be for real.
She'll have her money either way. I doubt flying private 8 or 10 times a season is even a factor. She's going to be 22 years old and may just want to get on with life and not have to worry about study hall or going to class or working on projects and assignments and taking exams and following the myriad of University and "CD rules" when she could make the same money for doing less work and having more freedom and independence.

Reaction Score
She wouldn’t have to play internationally now. She’s a millionaire
if she only played another two seasons, she could possibly make enough money to last her the rest of her life if she handles her income correctly ........it's not like she has that many expenses as a scholarship athlete........

Reaction Score
I think how many years Paige plays depends on many things. NIL and other income opportunities is one factor. So is her interest in pursuing a masters degree. Then there is the quest for a national championship, and having more healthy years together with Azzi.

After her first year she seemed destined to be on the Uconn Mount Rushmore, perhaps joining Diana, Maya and Stewie. But they won more than one national championship. Her legacy can't reach that level if she doesn't get at least one, maybe two championships, and if two of four years were marred by injuries.

I think staying for her 5th year is pretty likely, to give her hopefully two full years playing with Azzi when both are healthy. Considering how much she was looking forward to three years playing with Azzi, having the first two ruined by injuries to both players, having them healthy for only one would be very disappointing. If we get a championship next year who knows, but if we don't I cant see paige leaving if she has another year available to pursue that goal.

Like fans of most teams, I would love to see her back for a 6th, but it is much harder to project that far out. If the masters degree means a lot to her who knows, but I feel pretty good about the chances of her playing one more year after the next one. The opportunity to play another year with Azzi is a big incentive IMO.

Reaction Score
I think it depends. If we win the national championship next year I can definitely see her returning to try and repeat. If we don't win next year I think her decision will be up in the air.

Reaction Score
She'll have her money either way. I doubt flying private 8 or 10 times a season is even a factor. She's going to be 22 years old and may just want to get on with life and not have to worry about study hall or going to class or working on projects and assignments and taking exams and following the myriad of University and "CD rules" when she could make the same money for doing less work and having more freedom and independence.
Yea it’s not the privilege of flying private. It’s the pain of having to fly commercial two to three times a week for four months during the season. She would have to do more work and have less freedom in the WNBA which is the point and why all these players like Boston are coming back for a fifth year. It’s not the NBA.

Reaction Score
I think none of us have any idea what she will do.... as she said, even SHE doesn't have any idea what she will do... No sense predicting, speculating on where she will make more money, whether she cares about flying non-charter, whether she likes or doesn't like college classes... what we CAN do, is hope to get as many seasons from her as possible!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nice to know that she knows she has options. What she does? Who knows. She could decide based on extensive and rigorous financial analysis, or she could decide she really loves the dairy bar. I'll feel cheated if I don't get to see her and Azzi healthy for a couple of years but I wouldn't expect that to be a factor.

Reaction Score
Nice to know that she knows she has options. What she does? Who knows. She could decide based on extensive and rigorous financial analysis, or she could decide she really loves the dairy bar. I'll feel cheated if I don't get to see her and Azzi healthy for a couple of years but I wouldn't expect that to be a factor.
She's on the clock with respect to her pro career. Plenty of great players have had to cut their pro careers short because their body just wasn't up to the challenge. If Paige wants a pro and Olympic career, she may have to strike while the iron is hot. Next year at this time we'll be playing this same game with Azzi wondering if she stays or goes.

Reaction Score
She's on the clock with respect to her pro career. Plenty of great players have had to cut their pro careers short because their body just wasn't up to the challenge. If Paige wants a pro and Olympic career, she may have to strike while the iron is hot. Next year at this time we'll be playing this same game with Azzi wondering if she stays or goes.
Then she shouldn’t she max out the dollars and play less games over a longer period of time and stay in college? The logic here isn’t logic-ing.
College is a pro career now.

Reaction Score
Bueckers is projected as one of the top picks in the 2024 WNBA draft. But with an extra year awarded to players affected by COVID seasons, and a redshirt year, Bueckers, one of the top earners in the name, image and likeness movement, could remain at UConn through the 2025-26 season.

“There's always a chance,” she said. “I have three more years of eligibility. I'm not declining, not saying for sure I will or for sure I won't. But there's definitely an opportunity for me to return for a fifth year, even maybe a sixth year.”
Remember my PM to you from 10/26 about PB/Fudd? I'm still thinking that way for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom